- Volume 35 Issue 4
Radon in the Underground Workplaces; Assessment of the Annual Effective Dose due to Inhaled Radon for the Seoul Subway Station Staffs
- Song, Myeong-Han (University of Science and Technology) ;
- Chang, Byung-Uck (University of Science and Technology) ;
- Kim, Yong-Jae (University of Science and Technology) ;
- Lee, Hwa-Yong (Korea Institute of Nuclear Safety) ;
- Heo, Dong-Hey (Korea Research Institute of Standards and Science)
- Received : 2010.10.13
- Accepted : 2010.12.14
- Published : 2010.12.30
The effective dose of the Seoul subway staffs due to inhaled radon (
- International Commission on Radiological Protection. ICRP Publication 65: Protection against Radon‐222 at Home and at work. Pergamon Press, 1993.
- United Nations Scientific Committee on the Effects of Atomic Radiation. Sources and Effects of Ionizing Radiation. UNSCEAR Report , 1993.
- United Nations Scientific Committee on the Effects of Atomic Radiation. The Effects of Atomic Radiation to the General Assembly. UNSCEAR Report, 2000.
- International Commission on Radiological Protection. ICRP Publication 103:The 2007 Recommendations of the International Commission on Radiological Protection. Pergamon Press, 2007.
- Korea Institute of Nuclear Safety. Assessment of Radiation Risk for the Korean Population. 2007.
- Korea Institute of construction Technology. The Research of Environmental Management Plan and Pollutants Reduce in Subway. 2000.
- Korea Occupational Safety and Health Agency. Concentration Distributions and a Reduction Strategy of Airborne Radon in Metropolitan Subways of Korea. 2007.
- Yoon SW, Chang BU, Kim YJ, Byun JI, Yun JY. Indoor Radon Distribution of Subway Stations in a Korean major city. J. Environ. Radioact. 2010;101: 304‐308. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvrad.2010.01.002
- Jeon JS. The time and spatial variations of radon, and its sources in Seoul metropolitan subway stations. University of Seoul, Doctoral dissertation, 2007.
- Kim DS, Kim YS. Distributions of airborne radon concentrations in Seoul Metropolitan subway station. Health Phys. 1993;65:12‐16. https://doi.org/10.1097/00004032-199307000-00002
- Yoon SW, Kim YJ, Chang BU, Byun JI, Yun JY. Performance Evaluation of Several Radon Detectors in the Standard Chamber and Dwellings. Journal of Radiation Protection 2008;33:173‐181.
- Tokonami S, Takahashi H, Kobayashi Y, Zhuo W. Up-to‐date radon‐thoron discriminative detector for a large scale survey. Rev. Sci. Instrum. 2005;76(11):113505‐113505‐5. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.2132270
- International commission on Radiological Protection. ICRP Statement on Radon. Pergamon Press, 2009.