- Volume 23 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Acoustic Detection of Partial Discharges in Insulation Oil
유중 부분방전의 음향검출에 관한 연구
- 길경석 (한국해양대학교 전기전자공학부) ;
- 김성욱 (한국해양대학교 전기전자공학부) ;
- 박대원 (한국해양대학교 전기전자공학부) ;
- 김선재 (한국해양대학교 전기전자공학부) ;
- 송재만 (부산테크노파크 자동차부품기술지원센터)
- Published : 2010.01.01
This paper dealt with the acoustic detection of partial discharge (PD) in insulation oil for insulation diagnostics of oil immersed transformers. Electrode systems such as needle to plane, plane to plane, and floating were fabricated to simulate some defects in transformers. A wide band acoustic emission(AE) sensor with the frequency ranges of 100 kHz~1 MHz and a narrow band AE sensor with the resonant frequency of 140 kHz were used in the experiment. Also, a decoupler and an amplifier were designed to detect and amplify the acoustic signal only. The decoupler separates acoustic signal from DC source without any distortion, and the amplifier has the gain of 40 dB in frequency ranges of 11 kHz~4 MHz. In the experiment, frequency components and propagation characteristics of acoustic signal were analyzed, and an algorithm of positioning of PD occurrence by the time difference of arrival was proposed. From the results, the frequency components of the acoustic signal exist from 50 kHz to 200 kHz and the positioning error of PD calculated by three AE sensors was within 1%.
- S. Tenbohlen, D. Uhde, and J. Poittevin, "Enhanced diagnosis of power transformers using on- and off-line methods: Results, examples and future trends", CIGRE Paris, No. 12-204, 2000.
- T. Leibfried and K. Feser, "Off-line- and on-line-monitoring of power transformers using the transfer function method", IEEE International Symposium on Electrical Insulation, Montreal, p. 34, 1996.
- T. Aschwanden, M. Hassig, J. Fuhr, P. Lorin, V. Der Houhanessian, W. Zaengl, A. Schenk, P. Zweiacker, and A. Piras, "Development and application of new condition assessment methods for power transformers", CIGRE Paris, No. 12-207, 1998.
- P. Guuinic and J. Aubin, "Cigre's work on power transformers", EPRI, Substation Equipment Diagnostics Conference IX, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA, 2001.
- H. Kawada, M. Honda, T. Inoue, and T. Amemiya, "Partial discharges automatic monitor for oil-filled power transformer", IEEE Transaction on Power Apparatus and System, Vol. PAS-103, No. 6, p. 1045, 1986.
- 권동진, 박재준, “변압기 부분방전 상시 감시 기법에 관한 연구”, 전기전자재료학회논문지, 14권, 12호, p. 1032, 2001.
- P. D. Agoris, S. Meijer, and J. J. Smit, "Evaluation of on-line insulation condition assessment techniques for power transformers", International Symposium on High-Voltage Engineering(ISH), Beijing, China, 2005.
- 길경석, 박대원, 최수연, 길일권, 박찬용, "가스절연개폐기에서 용량성 전압프로브를 이용한 부분방전 측정", 전기전자재료학회논문지, 21권, 1호, p. 85, 2008. https://doi.org/10.4313/JKEM.2008.21.1.085
- L. Ghirelli and W. Koltunowicz, "Acoustic method for partial discharge detection in high power capacitors", IEE International Conference on Partial Discharge, p. 92, 1993.
- Harrop, P. J., “Dielectrics”, Butterworths, London, 1972.
- H. Kawada, M. Honda, T. inoue, and T. Amemiya, “Partial discharges automatic monitor for oil-filled power transformer”, IEEE Transaction on Power Apparatus and System, Vol. PAS-103, No. 2, p. 422, 1984. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPAS.1984.318261
- E. Howells and E. T. Norton, "Detection of partial discharge in transformers using acoustic emission techniques", IEEE Transaction on Power Apparatus and System, Vol. PAS-97, No. 5, p. 1538, 1978. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPAS.1978.354646
- P. M. Eleftherion, "Acoustic emissionbased PD source location in transformers", Electrical Insulation Magazine, IEEE, Vol. 11, Issue 6, p. 22, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1109/57.475905
- Y. Lu, X. Tan, and X. Hu, "PD detection and localization by acoustic measurements in an oil-filled transformer", IEE proceeding- Science, Measurement and Technology, Vol. 147, No. 2, p. 81, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-smt:20000223
- 길경석, 송재용, 서황동, 김용주, 강동식, 황돈하, "저압유도전동기에서 미소부분방전 측정에 관한 연구", 전기전자재료학회논문지, 18권, 10호, p. 960, 2005.