- Volume 23 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Study on the ITO Pre-treatment for the Highly Efficient Solution Processed Organic Light-emitting Diodes
고효율의 용액공정용 유기 발광 다이오드 제작을 위한 ITO 전처리 연구
- 최은영 (홍익대학교 정보디스플레이공학과) ;
- 서지현 (홍익대학교 정보디스플레이공학과) ;
- 최학범 (홍익대학교 정보디스플레이공학과) ;
- 제종태 ;
- 김영관 (홍익대학교 정보디스플레이공학과)
- Published : 2010.01.01
We demonstrated that the solution processed organic light-emitting diodes (OLEDs) have the high efficiency with pre-treated indium-tin-oxide (ITO). ITO surface was pre-treated with four methods and compared each other. The pre-treatment of ITO surface improves the chemical and physical characteristics of ITO such as the surface roughness, adhesion property, and the hole injection ability. These properties were analyzed by the contact angle, atomic force microscope (AFM) image, and the current flow character in device. As a results, the device with ITO pre-treated by
- M. R. Pinnel, "Overview of flexible display technology-why, what and when", 2005 International Meeting on Information Display, Vol. 1, p. 227, 2005.
- J. H. Seo, J. H. Park, I. H. Park, J. H. Kim, and Y. K. Kim, "Improved efficiency and lifetime for organic light-emitting devices based on mixed-hole transporting layer", J. of KIEEME(in Korean), Vol. 20, No. 3, p. 257, 2007. https://doi.org/10.4313/JKEM.2007.20.3.257
- J. H. Lee, J. I. Lee, J. Y. Lee, and H. Y. Chu, "Stable efficiency roll-off in blue phosphorescent organic light-emitting diodes by host layer engineering", Organic Electronics, Vol. 10, p. 1529, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.orgel.2009.08.020
- H. Kim, Y. Byun, R. R. Das, B. K. Choi, and P. S. Ahn, "Small molecule based and solution processed highly efficient red electrophosphorescent organic light emitting devices", App. Phy. Lett., Vol. 91, p. 093512, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.2776016
- N. Rehmann, D. Hertel, and K. Meerholz, "Highly efficient solution-processed phosphrescent multilayer organic light-emitting diodes based on small-molecule hosts", Appl. Phy. Lett., Vol. 91, p. 103507, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.2775323
- L. Hou, L. Duan, J. Qiao, W. Li, D. Zhang, and Y. Qiu, "Efficient single layer solution-processed blue-emitting electrophosphorescent devices based on a small-molecule host", Appl. Phys. Lett., Vol. 92, p. 263301, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.2952483
S. C. Gong, I. J. Back, J. H. Yoo, H. S. Lim,
S. H. Yang, S. B. Shin, I. S. Shin, G. K.
Chang, and H. J. Chang, "Dependence of
$O_2$plasma treatment of ITO electrode on electrical and optical properties of polymer light emitting diodes", J. Kor. Inst. Surf. Eng., Vol. 39, No. 3, p. 93, 2006.
- T. P. Nguyen, L. P. Rendu, and N. N. Dinh, "Thermal and chemical treatment of ITO substrates for improvement of OLED performance", Synth. Met., Vol. 138, p. 229, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0379-6779(02)01292-4
- Evaluations of Life Cycle Assessment on Indium-Tin-Oxide Electrochemical Recycling Process vol.19, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7464/ksct.2013.19.4.388
- Environmental Impacts Assessment of ITO (Indium Tin Oxide) Using Material Life Cycle Assessment vol.18, pp.1, 2012, https://doi.org/10.7464/ksct.2012.18.1.069