- Volume 23 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on Electrical Characteristics of Trench Field Ring for Breakdown Characteristics
내압특성개선을 위한 트렌치 필드링 설계 및 전기적특성에 관한 연구
- Published : 2010.01.01
In this paper, we proposed trench field ring for breakdown voltage of power devices. The proposed trench field ring was improved 10% efficiency comparing with conventional field ring. we analyzed five parameters of trench field ring for design of trench field ring and carried out 2-D devices simulation and process simulations. That is, we analyzed number of field ring, juction depth, distance of field rings, trench width, doping profield. The proposed trench field ring was better to more 1000 V.
- E. G. Kang and M. Y. Sung, "A novel lateral trench electrode IGBT for super electrical characteristics", J. of KIEEME(in Korean), No. 15, Vol. 9, p. 758, 2002.
- K. Sheng, S. J. Finney, and B. W. Williams, "Improved understand- switched thyristors", Proceedings of the ISPSD, p. 48, 1994.
- S. Sridhar and B. J. Baliga, "The dual gate emitter switched thyristor", IEEE EDL, Vol. 32, No. 17, p. 25, 1996.
- N. Iwamuro and A. Okamoto, "Forward biased safe operating area of emitter switched thyristor", IEEE Trans. ED, Vol. 42, p. 334, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1109/16.370060
- N. Thapar and B. J. Baligar, "An experimental evluation of the on-state performance of trench IGBT designs", SSE, Vol. 45, No. 5, p. 771, 1998.
- F. Udera and S. S. M. Chan, "1.2 kV trench insulated gate bipolar transistors with ultra low on resistance", IEEE Trans. EDL, Vol. 20, No. 8, p. 428, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/55.778166