- Volume 23 Issue 3
The ability for energy harvesting via the piezoelectric effect was studied for a unimorph element such as piezo buzzer. A simple equivalent circuit was proposed to predict the energy generated based on the internal stress. Unimorphs with a metal-cavity were used as a driving device of the generation panel. Both the AC open voltage and DC output voltage as a function of pressure period and number of element were measured. For the unimorph generation circuit, DC output voltage varies with pressure period, reaching a maximum value at
- T. G. Engel, C. Keawboonchuay, and W. C. Nunnally, "Energy conversion and high power pulse production using miniature piezoelectric compressors", IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science., Vol. 28, No. 5 p. 1338, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/27.901194
- Becker R. Rahman, T. G. Engel, W. C. Nunnally, and J. C. Keawboonchuay, "Research progress on compact kinetic-toelectrical energy converters", Presented in Proceedings of the 12th International Pulsed Power Conference., Vol. 1282, p. 1287, 1999.
- W. C. Nunnally, T. G. Engel, and N. B. VanKirk, "Compact kinetic-to-electrical energy conversion", Presented in Digest of Technical Papers 11th IEEE International Pulsed Power Conference., Vol. 1502, p. 1503, 1997.
- C. Keawboonchuay, "Maximum power generation in a piezoelectric pulse generator", IEEE Transactions on Plasm Science., Vol. 31, No. 1, p. 123, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPS.2003.808874
- C. Keawboonchuay and T. G. Engel, "Electrical power generation characteristics of piezoelectric generator under quasi-static and dynamic stress conditions", IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control., Vol. 50, No. 10, p. 1377, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TUFFC.2003.1244755
- C. Keawboonchuay and T. G. Engel, "Design, modeling and implementation of a 30-kw piezoelectric pulse generator", IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science., Vol. 30, No. 2, p. 679, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPS.2002.1024270
- Kennearly C., “2000 a potent new source of electricity”, The San Diego Union Tribune, Vol. 17, No. 9, p. 20, 2000.
- Goldfarb M. and Jones, L. D., "On the efficiency of electric power generation with piezoelectric ceramic", Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control., Vol. 121, p. 566, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.2802517
- Umeda M., Nakamura K., and Ueda S., “Analysis of the transformation of mechanical energy to electrical energy using piezoelectric vibrator", Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, Part 1 Regular Papers and Short Notes, Vol. 35, No. 5, Pt. B, p. 3267, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1143/JJAP.35.3267
- McGraw-Hill Incorporated, "Darpa explores energy harvesting to power military equipment", Aerospace Daily, p. 363, 1997.
- Roundy S., "On the effectiveness of vibrationbased energy harvesting", Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, Vol. 16, No. 10, p. 809, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1177/1045389X05054042
- Sodano H. A., Inman D. J., and Park G., "Comparison of piezoelectric energy harvesting devices for recharging batteries", Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures., Vol. 16, No. 10, p. 809, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1177/1045389X05054042
- Shen D., Ajitsaria J., Choe S. Y., and Kim D. J., "The optimal design and analysis of piezoelectric cantilever beams for power generation devices", Mater. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc., Vol. 3, p. 888, 2006.
- H. F. Hofmann, "Energy harvesting using a piezoelectric cymbal transducer in dynamic environment", Japanese Journal of Applied Physics., Vol. 43, No. 9, A, p. 6178, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1143/JJAP.43.6178
- Wave Power Generation by Piezoelectric Sensor Attached to a Coastal Structure vol.2018, pp.1687-7268, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1155/2018/7986438