- Volume 23 Issue 3
We studied the optical characteristics correlated with low dielectric constants of low-k SiOCH thin films through ellipsometry. The low-k SiOCH thin films were prepared by CCP-PECVD method using BTMSM(Bis-trimethylsilylmethane) precursors deposited on p-Si wafer. The Si-O-CHx, Si-O-Si, Si-CHx, CHx and Si-H bonding groups were specified by FTIR spectroscopic spectra, and the groups coupled with the nano-porous structural organic/inorganic hybrid-type of SiOCH thin films which has extremely low dielectric constant close to 2.0. The structural groups includes highly dense pore as well as ions in SiOCH thin films affecting to complex refraction characteristics of single layer on the p-Si wafer. The structural complexity originate the complex refractive constants of the films, and resulted the elliptical polarization of the incident linearly polarized light source of Xe-light source in the range from 190 nm to 2100 nm. Phase difference and amplitude ratio between s wave and p wave propagating through SiOCH thin film was studied. After annealing, the amplitude of p wave was reduced more than s wave, and phase difference between p and s wave was also reduced.
- 박용헌, 김민석, 황창수, 김홍배, "SiOCH 박막의 열처리에 대한 안정성 검토", 전기전자재료학회논문지, 22권, 1호, p 41, 2009. https://doi.org/10.4313/JKEM.2009.22.1.041
J. W. Kim, H. B. Kim, and C. S. Hwang, "Correlation study on the low dielectric characteristics of a sioch thin film from a BTMSM/
$O_2$precusor", J. of Korean Phys. Soc., Vol. 56, No. 1, p. 89, 2010. https://doi.org/10.3938/jkps.56.89
- C. H. Ting and T. E. Seidel, "Methods and needs for low-k material research", Mat. Res. Symp. Proc., Vol. 381, p. 3, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1557/PROC-381-3
- Y. H. Kim, S.-K. Lee, and H. J. Kim, "Low-k Si-O-C-H composite films prepared by plasma-enhanced chemical vapor deposition using bis-trimethylsilymethane precursor", J. Vac. Sci. Tech. A, Vol. 18, No. 4, Part 2, p. 1216, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1116/1.582328
- Y. H. Kim, "Deposition and characterization of low-dielectric-constant SiOCH thin films for interlayer dielectrics of multilevel interconnection", Ph. D. Dissertation, Seoul National University, 2002.
C. S. Hwang and H. B. Kim, "Correlation study on the optical properties of lowdielectric SiOC(-H) thin film from a BTMSM/
$O_2$precusor deposited by using PECVD", J. of Korean Phys. Soc., Vol. 55, No. 2, p. 622, 2008.
- 김종욱, 황창수, 박용헌, 김홍배, "열처리한 SiOCH 박막의 결합모드와 유전상수 특성”, 전기전자재료학회논문지, 22권, 1호, p. 47, 2009. https://doi.org/10.4313/JKEM.2009.22.1.047
- Q. H. Li, D. Zhu, and W. Liu, “Optical properties of Al-doped ZnO thin films by ellipsometry”, Appl. Surf. Sci., Vol. 254, p. 2922, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apsusc.2007.09.104
H. Neumann, W. Horig, E. Reccius, H. Sobotta, B. Schumann, and G. Kuhn, "Growth and optical properties of
$CuGaTe_2$thin films", Thin Solid Films, Vol. 61, Issue 1, p. 13, 1979. https://doi.org/10.1016/0040-6090(79)90494-2
- Y. C. Liu, S. K. Tung, and J. H. Hsieh, "Influence of annealing on optical properties and surface structure of ZnO thin films", J. Cryst. Growth, Vol. 287, Issue 1, p. 105, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcrysgro.2005.10.052
김민석, 황창수, 김홍배, "BTMSM/
$O_2$고유량으로 증착된 low-k SiOCH 박막의 전기적 특성”, 반도체및디스플레이장비학회, 7권, 1호, p 41, 2008.
- Grill, A., Perraud, L., Patel, V., Jahnes, C., and Cohen, S., "Ultralow-k dielectrics prepared by plasma-enhanced chemical vapor deposition", Appl. Phys. Lett., Vol. 79, p. 803, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1392976
- 이인환, 황창수, 김홍배, "Ellipsometry를 이용한 low-k SiOCH 박막의 유전특성에 관한 연구”, 전기전자재료학회논문지, 21권, 12호, p 1083, 2008. https://doi.org/10.4313/JKEM.2008.21.12.1083