- Volume 23 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Design and Fabrication of 1700 V Emitter Switched Thyristor
1700 V급 EST소자의 설계 및 제작에 관한 연구
- Published : 2010.03.01
In this paper, the trench gate emitter switched thyristor(EST) withl trench gate electrode is proposed for improving snap-back effect which leads to a lot of problems in device applications. The parasitic thyristor which is inherent in the conventional EST is completely eliminated in this structure, allowing higher maximum controllable current densities for ESTs. The dual trench gate allows homogenous current distribution in the EST and preserves the unique feature of the gate controlled current saturation of the thyristor current. The characteristics of the 1700 V forward blocking EST obtained from two-dimensional numerical simulations (MEDICI) is described and compared with that of a conventional EST. we carried out layout, design and process of EST devices.
- E. G. Kang and M. Y. Sung, "A novel lateral trench electrode IGBT for super electrical characteristics", J. of KIEEME(in Korean), Vol. 15, No. 9, p. 758, 2002.
- E. G. Kang, B. J. Kim, and Y. H. Lee, "A study on electrical characteristics of trench field ring for breakdown characteristics", J. of KIEEME(in Korean), Vol. 23, No. 1, p. 1, 2010.
- S. Sridhar and B. J. Baliga, "The dual gate emitter switched thyristor", IEEE EDL, Vol. 17, No. 1, p. 25, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1109/55.475566
- N. Iwamuro, M. S. Shekar, and B. Jayant Baliga, "Forward biased safe operating area of emitter switched thyristor", IEEE Trans. ED, Vol. 42, No. 2, p. 334, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1109/16.370060
- N. Thapar and B. Jayant Baliga, "An experimental evluation of the on-state performance of trench IGBT designs", Solid-State Electronics, Vol. 42, No. 5, p. 771, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0038-1101(97)00301-8