- Volume 25 Issue 5
A Study of Safety Acquirement for an Assessment of Ultra High Pressure System
초고압 시스템의 안전성 확보에 대한 연구
- Lee, Gi-Chun (Reliability Assessment Center, Korea Institute of Machinery & Materials) ;
- Kim, Hyoung-Eui (Reliability Assessment Center, Korea Institute of Machinery & Materials) ;
- Kim, Jae-Hoon (Department of Mechanical Design Engineering, Chungnam National University)
- Received : 2010.06.22
- Accepted : 2010.10.25
- Published : 2010.10.31
Ultra high pressure system, which can be generally increased over 1,000bar, needs to have sealing mechanism to protect leakage and selection of the materials used in the intensifier. Components such as pressure vessel, hydraulic hose assembly, accumulator, hydraulic cylinder, hydraulic valve, pipe, etc., are tested under the impulse-pressure conditions. Components need to be tested under 1.5 to 3 times of rated pressure to check the tolerance even though rated pressure range of these components are not ultra high pressure. So, the ultra high pressure system needs to be equiped to test components. In this study, safety assessments of ultra high pressure system which are using failure analysis of components, changing the types of the control system, and finite element analysis with static condition, are investigated.
- H. E. Kim and Y. B. Lee, "Hydraulic Fitting Impulse Tester Development", Proceeding of the KACC, October, pp. 917-921, 1991.
- G. I. Kim, D. Y. Chung, S. G. Park, and G. S. Lee, "The Development and Application Wear Prediction Tool for Gun Barrel", Journal of the Korea Institute of Military Science and Technology, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 5-12. 2004.
- SAE standard, "Test and Test Procedures for SAE100R Series Hydraulic Hose and Hose Assemblies SAE J343", SAE Standard REV Jul 2001.
- International Standard ISO, "Rubber and Plastics Hose Assemblies Flexing Combined Hydraulic Impulse Test Half-Omega Test", International Standard ISO, 1997.
- D. S. Jung, "Multi-function Control of a Tandem Pump with EPPRV for Excavator", Chung Nam National University, 2007.
- D. S. Jung and D. S. Kim, "Impulse Endurance Test of a Hydraulic Cylinder by using Complement", Proceeding of the KSME Fall Annual Meeting, pp. 1536- 1539, 2009.