- Volume 18 Issue 5
The purpose of the study was to compare the culture and the clothing value between Korean and American college students, especially men. Also, this study was to analyze the culture effect on the clothing value. The survey was performed and 200 questionnaires were utilized for this study. The SPSS 12.0 was used to analyze the technical statistics like average, frequency, t-test, factor analysis, multiple regression analysis. The result showed, first, there were some 2 major cultural differences such as power distance and long-term orientation between Korean and American college men. Comparatively, Korean college men showed higher masculinity and lower power distance and long-term orientation. Second, there were differences in the clothing value aspect. Both of them considered the economic clothing value to be most important. Third, there were some differences in the clothing value because of the cultural differences. For Korean college men, there were masculinity and long term orientation that had an effect on the social and religious clothing values, however, for American college men, power distance, masculinity and long term orientation that had an effect on the social, religious, theoretical and economic values.
- 강경자 (1986). "한국과 미국 여대생의 가치관과 의복 선택행동에 관한 비교 연구." 대한가정학회지 24권 3호.
- 박광희, 최원경 (2001). "개인주의-집단주의 문화적 가치 성향이 의복행동에 미치는 영향." 소비자학 연구 12권 1호.
- 이선재 (1991). "한미 대학생 및 교포대학생간의 의복태도에 관한 비교 연구." 한국의류학회지 15권 2호.
- 이철 (1998). "소비자행동 모델의 문화적 한계와 소비자행동연구의 발전방향." 소비자학 연구 24권 2호.
- 임성경 (2006). "문화의 차이에 따른 의복 가치관과 의복구매행동 비교 연구." 상명대학교 대학원 박사학위논문.
- 임성경 (2008). "한국과 미국 여대생의 문화에 따른 의복 가치관의 비교 연구." 복식문화연구 16권 4호.
- 채정숙 (1999). "라이프스타일의 비교 문화적 연구: 한국과 캐나다 거주 대학생들의 라이프스타일 특성을 중심으로." 소비자학 연구 10권 4호.
- 최수현 (1996). "미혼여성의 가치관과 의복쇼핑성향에 관한 연구." 이화여자대학교 대학원 석사학위논문.
- 최정선, 유태순 (2001). "N세대의 패션가치관에 따른 패션 선호도에 미치는 영향." 대한가정학회지 39권 8호.
- Conrad, G. (1973). "Clothing Values and Their Relation to Personality Factors and to Selected Demographic Variables of Two Groups of Canadian University Women." Unpublished Doctoral Dissertation, Pennsylvania State University.
- Fiske, A. P. (1992). "The Four Elementary Forms of Sociality: Framework for Unified Theory of Social Relations." Psychological Review Vol. 99.
- Forney, J. C. and N. J. Rabolt (1987). Clothing Values: A Cross-Cultural Comparison. In R. P, Lovingood and J. E. Gritzmacher(Eds.). AHEA Research Abstracts(p. 87). (Washington D. C: American Home Economics Association, 1987).
- Forney, J. C., N. J. Rabolt and L. A. Friend (1993). "Clothing Values and Country of Origin of Clothing: A Comparison of United States and New Zealand University Women." Clothing and Textiles Journal Vol. 12, No 1.
- Frith, W. and W. David (1991). "A Comparison of Cultural Values in British and American Print Advertising: A Study of Magazines." Journalism Quarterly Vol. 68.
- Hall, E. T. (1976). Beyond Culture. New York: Anchor Books.
- Hao, Chiao (1971). "A Cross-Cultural Study: The Relationship between Clothing Behaviors and General Values." Unpublished Master's Thesis, University of Tennessee.
- Hofstede, G. (2004). Cultures and Organizations: Software of the Mind. London: McGraw-Hill.
- Hsu, Hsiu-Ju (2003). "National Culture and Clothing Values: A Cross-national Study of Taiwan and United States Consumers." Doctor's Thesis, Oregon State University.
- Kluckhohn, F. R. (1950). "Dominant and Substitute Profiles of Cultural Orientations." Social Forces Vol. 28, No. I-4.
- Mendoza, A. R. (1965). "Clothing Values and Their Relation to General Values: A Cross-Cultural Study." Unpublished Doctoral Dissertation, Pennsylvania State University.
- Triandis, H. C. (1982). "Review of Culture's Consequences: International Differences in Work-Related Values." Human Organization Vol. 41.