- Volume 16 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
SLAM with Visually Salient Line Features in Indoor Hallway Environments
실내 복도 환경에서 선분 특징점을 이용한 비전 기반의 지도 작성 및 위치 인식
- Published : 2010.01.01
This paper presents a simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM) of an indoor hallway environment using Rao-Blackwellized particle filter (RBPF) along with a line segment as a landmark. Based on the fact that fluent line features can be extracted around the ceiling and side walls of hallway using vision sensor, a horizontal line segment is extracted from an edge image using Hough transform and is also tracked continuously by an optical flow method. A successive observation of a line segment gives initial state of the line in 3D space. For data association, registered feature and observed feature are matched in image space through a degree of overlap, an orientation of line, and a distance between two lines. Experiments show that a compact environmental map can be constructed with small number of horizontal line features in real-time.
- S. Thrun, W. Burgard, and D. Fox, "Probabilistic robotics," MIT Press, Cambridge, 2005.
- A. Doucet, N. Freitas, K. Murphy, and S. Russell, "Raoblackwellized particle filtering for dynamic bayesian network," Proceedings of the 16th conference on Uncertainty in Artificial Intelligence, pp. 176-183, 2000.
- M. Montemerlo, S. Thrun, D. Koller, and B. wegbreit, "Fast-SLAM 2.0: An improved particle filtering algorithm for simultaneous localization and mapping that provably converges," in Proc. Int. Joint Conf. Artif. Intell., vol. 18, pp. 1151-1156, 2003.
- G. Grisetti, C. Stachniss, and W. Burgard, "Improving grid-based slam with Rao-Blackwellized particle filters by adaptive proposals and selective resampling," In Proc. of the IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics & Automation (ICRA), pp. 2432-2437, April, 2005.
- A. Davison et al, "MonoSLAM: Real-time single camera SLAM," IEEE. Trans. PAMI, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 1052-1067, June 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPAMI.2007.1049
- R. Sim, P. Elinas, M. Griffin, and J. Little, "Vision-based SLAM using the Rao-Blackwellised particle filter," IJCAI Workshop reasoning with Uncertainty in Robotics, 2005.
- W. Jeong and K. Lee, "Visual SLAM with line and corner features," IROS, pp. 2570-2575, 2006.
- 안수용, 강정관, 이래경, 오세영, "넓은 실내 공간에서 수평 선분을 이용한 비전기반의 지도작성 및 위치인식," 한국자동제어학술회의 (KACC 2009), pp. 263-268, 2009.
- Z. Zhengyou, "Flexible camera calibration by viewing a plane from unknown orientations," ICCV, pp. 666-673, 1999.
- C. Kim and W. Chung, "Delayed resampling in a Rao-Blackwellized particle filtering SLAM for consistent loop closure," IROS, pp. 2084-2090, 2008.
- S. Julier and J. Uhlmann, "Using covariance intersection for SLAM," Robotics and Autonomaus system, vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 3-20, Jan. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.robot.2006.06.011
- Geographical Group-based FastSLAM Algorithm for Maintenance of the Diversity of Particles vol.19, pp.10, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2013.13.1932