- Volume 16 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Adaptive Formation Control of Nonholonomic Multiple Mobile Robots Considering Unknown Slippage
미지의 미끄러짐을 고려한 비홀로노믹 다개체 이동 로봇의 적응 군집 제어
- Published : 2010.01.01
An adaptive formation control approach is proposed for nonhonolomic multiple mobile robots considering unknown slipping and skidding. It is assumed that unknown slipping and skidding effects are bounded by unknown constants. Under this assumption, the adaptive technique is employed to estimate the bounds of unknown slipping and skidding effects of each mobile robot. To deal with the skidding effect included in kinematics, the dynamic surface design approach is applied to design a local controller for each mobile robot. Using Lyapunov stability theorem, the adaptation laws for tuning bounds of slipping and skidding are induced and it is proved that all signals of the closed-loop system are bounded and the tracking errors and the synchronization errors of the path parameters converge to an adjustable neighborhood of the origin. Finally, simulation results are provided to verify the effectiveness of the proposed approach.
- K. H. Tan and M. A. Lewis, "Virtual structures for high-precision cooperative mobile robotic control," in Proc. of IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 132-139, 1996.
- M. A. Lewis and K. H. Tan, "High precision formation control of mobile robots using virtual structures," Autonomous Robots, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 387-403, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1008814708459
- K. D. Do and J. Pan, "Nonlinear formation control of unicycle-type mobile robots," Robotics and Autonomous Systems, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 191-204, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.robot.2006.09.001
- J. Ghommam, Maarouf Saad, and Faical Mnif, "Formation path following control of unicycle-type mobile robots," in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 1966-1972, 2008.
- R. W. Beard, J. Lawton, and F. Y. Hadaegh, "A feedback architecture for formation control," in Proc. of the American Control Conf., pp. 4087-4091, 2000.
- P. Ogren, M. Egerstedt, and X. Hu, "A control Lyapunov function approach to multiagent coordination," IEEE Trans. Robotics and Automation, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 847-851, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/TRA.2002.804500
- M. Krstic, I. Kanellakopoulos, and P. Kokotovic, Nonlinear and Adaptive Control Design,. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley, 1995.
- D. Wang and C. B. Low, "Modeling and analysis of skidding and slipping in wheeled mobile robots: control design perspective," IEEE Trans. Robotics, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 676-687, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TRO.2008.921563
- C. B. Low and D. Wang, "GPS-based path following control for a car-like wheeled mobile robot with skidding and slipping," IEEE Trans. Control System Technology, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 340-347, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCST.2007.903100
- C. B. Low and D. Wang, "GPS-based tracking control for a car-like wheeled mobile robot with skidding and slipping," IEEE Trans. Mechatronics, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 480-484, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMECH.2008.2000827
- D. Swaroop, J. K. Hedrick, P. P. Yip, and J. C. Gerdes, "Dynamic surface control for a class of nonlinear systems," IEEE Trans. Automatic Control, vol. 45, no 10, pp. 1893-1899, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAC.2000.880994
- P. P Yip and J. K. Hedrick, "Adaptive dynamic surface control: A simplified algorithm for adaptive backstepping control of nonlinear systems," Int. J. Control, vol. 71, no. 5, pp. 959-979, Nov. 1998. https://doi.org/10.1080/002071798221650
- S. J. Yoo, J. B. Park, and Y. H. Choi, "Adaptive dynamic surface control for stabilization of parametric strict-feedback nonlinear systems with unknown time delays," IEEE Trans. Automatic Control, vol. 52, no. 12, pp. 2360-2365, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAC.2007.910715
- P. A. Ioannou and P. V. Kokotovic, Adaptive Systems with Reduced Models. New York: Springer-Verlag, 1983.
- Sensor-based Motion Planning Algorithm for High-rise Building Facade Cleaning of Built-in Guide Type Multi-Robot vol.18, pp.5, 2012, https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2012.18.5.445