- Volume 10 Issue 6
The paper presents a multimedia educational program of DC servo drives for distant learning with a special emphasis on sliding mode control. The program contains of three parts: animation, simulation and internet based measurement. The animation program explains the operation of DC motors, gives its time- and frequency-domain equations, transfer functions and the theoretical background necessary for controller design for DC servo motors. The simulation model of the DC servo motor and the controller can be designed by the students based on the animation program. The students can also test their controllers through the internet based measurement, which is the most important part from engineering point of view. After the measurements are executed, the students can download the measured data and compare them to the simulation results.
Distance measurements;e-learning;Electrical engineering education;Sliding mode control
- P. Bartal, J. Hamar, R. K. Jardan, P. Korondi, I. Nagy, Z. Sepa, Z. Suto, K. Zaban, H. Funato, E. Masada, and S. Ogasawara, "Learning multimedia software for teaching nonlinear dynamics," in Proc. Control in Power Electronics and Motion Control (IPEC'05), Apr. 2005.
- V. Fedak, P. Bauer, V. Hajek, H. Weiss, B. Davat, S. Manias, I. Nagy, P. Korondi, R. Miksiewicz, P. Duijsen, and P. Smektal, "Interactive elearning in electrical engineering," in Proc. EDPE'03, pp. 368–373, Sep. 2003.
- Bauer P, Dudak J, Maga D, et al., "Distance practical education for Power Electronics," INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ENGINEERING EDUCATION, Vol. 23, Issue 6, pp. 1210-1218, 2007.
- Bauer P, Fedak V, Hajek V, et al., "Survey of distance laboratories in power electronics," 39th IEEE Power Electronic Specialists Conference (PESC 08), Jun. 2008.
- G. Sziebig, B. Takarics, P. Korondi: "Control of an Embedded System via Internet," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 57, No. 10, pp. 3324-3333, Oct. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2010.2041132
- K. Saito, K. Kamiyama, T. Ohmae, and T. Matsuda, "A microprocessorcontrolled speed regulator with instantaneous speed estimation for motor drives," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 35, No. 1, pp. 95–99, Feb. 1988. https://doi.org/10.1109/41.3068
- C. Chan, S. Hua, and Z. Hong-Yue, "Application of fully decoupled parity equation in fault detection and identification of dc motors," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 53, No. 4, pp. 1277–1284, Jun. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2006.878304
- F. Betin, A. Sivert, A. Yazidi, and G.-A. Capolino, "Determination of scaling factors for fuzzy logic control using the sliding-mode approach: Application to control of a dc machine drive," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 54, No. 1, pp. 296–309, Feb. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2006.885506
- Kumar P, Bauer P, "Improved analytical model of a permanent-magnet brushless DC motor," IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON MAGNETICS, Vol. 44, Issue 10, pp. 2299-2309, Oct. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2008.2001450
- M. Boussak and K. Jarray, "A high-performance sensorless indirect stator flux orientation control of induction motor drive," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 53, No. 1, pp. 41–49, Feb. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2005.862319
- J. Moreno, M. Ortuzar, and J. Dixon, "Energy-management system for a hybrid electric vehicle, using ultracapacitors and neural networks," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 53, No. 2, pp. 614–623, Apr. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2006.870880
- G. Sziebig, I. Nagy, R K Jardan, P. Korondi, "Integrated multimedia educational program of a DC servo system for distant learning," 13th Power Electronics and Motion Control Conference (EPE-PEMC 2008), 2008.
- V. Utkin and K. Young, "Methods for constructing discontinuous planes in multidimensional variable structure systems," Vol. 31, No. 10, pp. 1466–1470, Oct. 1978.
- K. Abidi and A. Sabanovic, "Sliding-mode control for high-precision motion of a piezostage," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 54, No. 1, pp. 629–637, Feb. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2006.885477
- F.-J. Lin and P.-H. Shen, "Robust fuzzy neural network sliding-mode control for two-axis motion control system," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 53, No. 4, pp. 1209–1225, Jun. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2006.878312
- C.-L. Hwang, L.-J. Chang, and Y.-S. Yu, "Network-based fuzzy decentralized sliding-mode control for car-like mobile robots," IEEE Trans.Ind. Electron., Vol. 54, No. 1, pp. 574–585, Feb. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2006.888806
- A. G. Filippov, "Application of the theory of differential equations with discontinuous right-hand sides to non-linear problems in automatic control," in 1st IFAC congress, pp. 923–925, 1960.
- A. G. Filippov, "Differential equations with discontinuous right-hand side," Ann. Math Soc. Transl., Vol. 42, pp. 199–231, 1964.
- A. G. Lukuyanov and V. I. Utkin, "Method of reducing equations of dynamic systems to regular form," Transactions on Automation and Remote Control, Vol. 42, No. 1, pp. 413–420, 1981.
- P.Korondi,J.-X.Xu,andH.Hashimoto,"Sectorslidingmodecontroller for motion control," in 8th Conference on Power Electronics and Motion Control, Vol. 5, pp. 254–259, 1998.
- Bauer P, van Duijsen PJ, "Challenges and advances in simulation," 36th Annual IEEE Power Electronic Specialists Conference (PESC 05), Jun. 2005.
- Single-Stage Double-Buck Topologies with High Power Factor vol.11, pp.5, 2011, https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2011.11.5.655