- Volume 36 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Secondhand Smoke Exposure in Commercial Personal Computer Rooms
PC 방 금연구역의 간접흡연 노출
- Sohn, Hong-Ji (Graduate School of Public Health, Seoul National University) ;
- Oh, Ae-Ri (Graduate School of Public Health, Seoul National University) ;
- Kim, Ok-Gum (Graduate School of Public Health, Seoul National University) ;
- Lee, Ki-Young (Graduate School of Public Health, Seoul National University)
- 손홍지 (서울대학교 보건대학원 환경보건학과) ;
- 오애리 (서울대학교 보건대학원 환경보건학과) ;
- 김옥금 (서울대학교 보건대학원 환경보건학과) ;
- 이기영 (서울대학교 보건대학원 환경보건학과)
- Received : 2010.05.09
- Accepted : 2010.08.12
- Published : 2010.08.30
In this study, exposure to secondhand smoke (SHS) was evaluated in commercial personal computer (PC) rooms with different separation types of non-smoking areas. The particulate matter less than 2.5
- International Agency for Research on Cancer. IARC monographs on the evaluation of carcinogenic risk to humans : Tobacco smoke and involuntary smoking. Vol. 83. Lyon, France: International Agency for Research on Cancer, 2004.
- National Research Council. Environmental tobacco smoke : Measuring exposures and assessing health effects. Washington, DC: National Academy Press, 1986.
- U.S Department of Health and Humans Services. The health consequences of involuntary smoking. A report of the surgeon general. Washington, DC: DHHS, 1986. (Publication No(PHS)87-8398.)
- Taylor, A. E., Johnson, D. C. and Kazemi, H. : Environmental tobacco smoke and cardiovascular disease. A position paper from the Council on Cardiopulmonary and Critical Care, American Heart Association. Circulation, 86(2), 699-702, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1161/01.CIR.86.2.699
- Glantz, S. A. and Parmley, W. W. : Passive smoking and heart disease. Mechanism and risk. Journal of the American Medical Association, 273(13), 1047-1053, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.273.13.1047
- Law, M. R., Morris, J. K. and Wald, N. J. : Environmental tobacco smoke exposure and ischaemic heart disease: an evaluation of the evidence. British Medical Journal, 315(7114), 973-980, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.315.7114.973
- California Environmental Protection Agency : Proposed identification of environmental tobacco smoke as a toxic air contaminant. Health effects. Sacramento, California, USA: California Environmental Protection Agency, office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment, 2005.
- World Health Organization : International consultation on environmental tobacco smoke (ETS) and child health. Consultation Report. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization, 1999.
- World Health Organization : Only 100% smoke-free environments adequately protect from danger of second-hand smoke. New WHO policy recommendations point to extensive evidence. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization, 2007.
- Mannino, D. M., Homa, D. M. and Redd, S. C. : Involuntary smoking and asthma severity in children: data from the third national health and nutrition examination survey. Chest, 122, 309-415, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1378/chest.122.6_suppl.309S
- Institute of Medicine Clearing the air : Asthma and indoor air exposures. Washington D.C.: National Academy Press, 2000.
- Yolton, K., Dietrich, K., Auinger, P., Lanphear, B. P. and Hornung, R. : Exposure to environmental tobacco smoke and cognitive abilities among U.S. children and adolescents. Environmental Health Perspectives, 113(1), 98-103, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1289/ehp.113-a98
- Lee K., Hahn E. J., Pieper N., Okoli, C. T., Repace, J. and Troutman, A. : Differential impact of smokefree laws on indoor air quality. Journal of Environmental Health, 70(8), 24-30, 2008.
- Lambert, W. E., Samet, J. M. and Spengler, J. D. : Environmental tobacco-smoke concentrations in nosmoking and smoking sections of restaurants. American Journal of Public Health, 83(10), 1399-1399, 1993. https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.83.10.1399
- Brauer, M. and Mannetje, A. : Restaurant smoking restrictions and environmental tobacco smoke exposure. American Journal of Public Health, 88(12), 1834-1836, 1998. https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.88.12.1834
- Lee, K., Hahn, E. J., Riker, C., Head, S. and Seithers, P. : Immediate impact of smoke-free laws on indoor air quality. Southern Medical Journal, 100(9), 885-889, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1097/SMJ.0b013e31813c6a37
- US Department of Health and Human Services : The health consequences of involuntary exposure to tobacco smoke: a report of the Surgeon General. Washington DC, USA: US Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Coordinating Center for Health Promotion, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Office on Smoking and Health, 2006.
- US EPA. Respiratory health effects of passive smoking: lung cancer and other disorders; Technical Report EPA/600/6-90/006F; U.S Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Research and Development, Washington, DC, 1992.