- Volume 30 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Preparation of Folic Acid-loaded WPI (Whey Protein Isolate) Nanoparticles by Cold-induced Gelation
냉각유도젤화에 의한 엽산 함유 분리유청단백 나노담체의 제조
- Kim, Bum-Keun (Korea Food Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Won-Jae (Division of Applied and Life Science, Institute of Agriculture and Life Science, Gyeongsang National University) ;
- Oh, Se-Jong (Division of Animal Science, Chonnam National University) ;
- Kim, Jin-Man (Department of Food Science and Biotechnology of Animal Resources, Konkuk University) ;
- Park, Dong-June (Korea Food Research Institute)
- 김범근 (한국식품연구원) ;
- 이원재 (경상대학교 농생명학부 동물생명과학전공 및 농업생명과학연구원) ;
- 오세종 (전남대학교 동물자원학부) ;
- 김진만 (건국대학교 축산식품생물공학과) ;
- 박동준 (한국식품연구원)
- Published : 2010.02.28
Folate loaded WPI (whey protein isolate) nanoparticles were prepared using the cold-induced gelation process. The aim of this work was to investigate the effects of process parameters, such as the concentration of the WPI solution, pH, temperature, etc, on the properties of nanoparticles. The results show that the smallest nanoparticles were obtained when a WPI concentration of 1% was used at a pH of 8.0 (<330 nm). In the case of the concentration of
cold-induced gelation;folic acid;whey protein isolate;nanoparticle
- Akhtar, M. J., Khan, M. A., and Ahmad, I. (1997) High performance liquid chromatographic determination of folic acid and its photodegradation products in the presence of rivoflavin. J. Pharm. Biomed. Anal. 16, 95-99. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0731-7085(96)02028-6
- Chen, L. and Subirade, M. (2006) Alginate-whey protein granular microspheres as oral delivery vehicles for bioactive compounds. Biomaterials 27, 4646-4654. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biomaterials.2006.04.037
- Jiao, Y. Y., Ubrich, N., Hoffart, V., Marchand-Arvier, M., Vigneron, C., Hoffman, M., and Maincent, P. (2002) Preparation and characterization of heparin-loaded polymeric microparticles. Drug Dev. Ind. Pharm. 28, 1033-1041. https://doi.org/10.1081/DDC-120014740
- Ji H. J., Kim S. K., Yon, M. Y., and Hyun, T. S. (2009) Folate Content of fast foods and processed foods. Korean J. Nutr. 42, 397-405. https://doi.org/10.4163/kjn.2009.42.4.397
- Renner, E. (1983) Milk and dairy products in human nutrition. 4th ed, W-GmbH Volkswirtschaftlicher Verlag, Munchen, pp. 283.
- Chen, L., Remondetto, G. E., and Subirade, M. (2006) Food protein-based materials as nutraceutical delivery system. Trends Food Sci. Technol. 17, 272-283. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tifs.2005.12.011
- Roff, C. F. and Foegeding, E. A. (1996). Dicationic-induced gelation of pre-denatured whey protein isolate. Food Hydrocolloids 10, 193-198. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0268-005X(96)80034-8
Chanasattru, W., Jones O. G., Decker, E. A., and McClements, D. J. (2009) Impact of cosolvent on formation and properties of biopolymer nanoparticles formed by heat treatment of
$\beta$- lactoglobulin-pectin complexes. Food Hydrocolloids 23,2450-2457. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodhyd.2009.07.003
- Ha, Y. W. (2001) Milk, the rich source of bioactive ingredients for functional, nutraceutical and pharmaceutical industry. Dairy Ind. Technol. 1, 93-124.
- Kim, C. H. and Ahn, M. S. (2007) A study on the physicochemical properties and antioxidative activity of whey protein isolate. Korean J. Food Culture 22, 97-103.
- Beaulieu, L., Savoie, L., Paquin, P., and Subirade, M. (2002) Elaboration and characterization of whey protein beads by an emulsification/cold gelation process: application for the protection of retinol. Biomacromolecules 3, 239-248. https://doi.org/10.1021/bm010082z
- Madziva, H. and Kailasapathy, K. (2006) Evaluation of alginate- pectin capsules in cheddar cheese as a food carrier for the delivery of folic acid. LWT 39, 146-151. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lwt.2004.12.015
- Perez, M. H., Zinutti, C., Lamprecht, A., Ubrich, N., Astier, A., Hoffman, M., Bodmeier, R., and Maincent, P. (2000) The preparation and evaluation of poly(e-caprolactone) microparticles containing both a lipophilic and a hydrophilic drug. J. Control Release 65, 429-438. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0168-3659(99)00253-9
Yoon, Y. C., Cho, J. K., and Song C. H. (2001) Purification of
$\beta$-lactoblobulin from cheese whey. J. Korean Dairy Technol. Sci. 19, 75-82.
- Remondetto, G. E. and Subirade, M. (2003). Molecular mechanisms of Fe2C-induced b-lactoglobulin cold gelation: An interactions story. Biopolymer 69, 461-469. https://doi.org/10.1002/bip.10423
- Lucock M. (2000) Folic acid: nutritional biochemistry, molecular biology, and role in disease processes. Mol genet. Metab. 71, 121-138. https://doi.org/10.1006/mgme.2000.3027
- Yon, M. Y. and Hyun T. S. (2005) Additional data for folate database for foods common in Korea. Korean Nutr. Soc. 38, 586-604.
- Kim, B. K., Lee, J. S., Oh, J. K., and Park, D. J. (2009) Preparation of resveratrol-loaded poly(e-caprolactone) nanoparticles by oil-in-water emulsion solvent evaporation method. Food Sci. Biotechnol. 18, 157-161.
- McClements, D. J. (2004) Protein-stabilized emulsions. Curr. Opin. Colloid Interface Sci. 9, 305-313. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cocis.2004.09.003
- Lee, S. H., Subirade, M., and Paquin, P. (2008) Effects of ultra-high pressure homogenization on the emulsifying properties of whey protein isolates under various pH. Food Sci. Biotechnol. 17, 324-329.
- Kim B. K., Hwang, S. J., Park, J. B., and Park, H. J. (2002) Preparation and characterization of drug-loaded polymethacrylate microspheres by an emulsion solvent evaporation method. J. Microencapsulation 19, 811-822. https://doi.org/10.1080/0265204021000022770
- Cho, Y., Shin, D., and Park, J. (2000) A study on wall materials for flavor encapsulation. Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. 32, 132-139.
- Larson, B. L. and Rolleri, G. D. (1955) Heat denaturation of the specific serum proteins in milk. J. Dairy Sci. 38, 351-357. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.S0022-0302(55)94985-7
- Verger, M. L., Fluckiger, L., Kim, Y. I., Hoffman, M., and Maincent, P. (1998) Preparation and characterization of nanoparticles containing and antihypertensive agent. Eur. J. Pharm. Biopharm. 46, 137-143. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0939-6411(98)00015-0
- Kim, B. K., Hwang. S. J., Park, J. B., and Park H. J. (2005) Characteristics of felodipine-located poly(e-caprolactone) microspheres. J. Microencapsulation 22, 193-203. https://doi.org/10.1080/02652040400015346
- Kim, K. S., Choi. H. S., Park, H. J., and Lee, J. K. (2007) Comparison of drug release profile in chitosan-adsorbed alginate bead: silver sulfadiazine and serum albumin. J. Chitin Chitosan 12, 81-87.
- Arcot, J. and Shrestha, A. (2005) Folate: Methods of analysis. Trends Food Sci. Technol. 16, 253-266. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tifs.2005.03.013
- Leclerc, P. L., Remondetto, G. E., Ramassamy, C., and Subirade, M. (2005). Whey protein nanospheres as drug carriers for oral administration. Conference on bioencapsulation, Kingston, pp. 24-26.
- Lee, Y. R. and Hong, Y. H. (2002) Heat-induced reaction bovine whey proteins Korean J. Food Sci Ani. Resour. 22, 179-182.
- Protein-Based Delivery Systems for the Nanoencapsulation of Food Ingredients vol.17, pp.4, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1111/1541-4337.12360