- Volume 23 Issue 2
Factors Related to Breakfast Eating Habit of Woman's College Students
일개 여자대학 학생의 아침식사 습관과 관련요인
- Shin, Eun-Young (Department of Public Health Administration, Hanyang Women's University) ;
- Kim, Mi-Ju (Department of Health Administration, Seoul Cyber University)
- Received : 2010.12.01
- Accepted : 2010.12.20
- Published : 2010.12.01
Purpose: This study is descriptive research that confirms breakfast eating habit of woman's college students and related factors. Methods: This investigation took place in August 2010 and was participated 142 students of one woman's college which located in a large city. The contents of the questionnaire consists of general trait, diet trait, life patterns and health states. Results: According to the results of uni-variate analysis, the significant variables of breakfast eating habit are: Recognition of importance of breakfast, spare time before attendance, her parents's breakfast eating habit, times of snack, times of eating out and index of food life style. But, according to the results of multi-variate analysis, the number of the significant variables became narrow and they were: Recognition of importance of breakfast, spare time before attendance and her father's breakfast eating habit. Conclusion: Finally, it can be said that the breakfast eating habit of woman's college student is related to recognition of importance of breakfast, spare time before attendance and her father's breakfast habit strongly. It is necessary to emphasis on the recognition of the importance of breakfast and concerns of parents for breakfast eating habit to improve the regularity of breakfast eating habit for woman's college students' health.
- 김기남, 이경신 (1996). 남녀 대학생의 영양지식, 식태도 및 식행동. 지역사회 영양학회지, 1(1), 89-99.
- 박종, 류소연, 강명근, 민순, 김혜숙, 김은아 (2010). 중학생들의 아침식사 규칙성과 관련요인. 보건행정학회지, 20(2), 89-103.
- 방유미, 김건엽, 이무식, 나백주 (2006). 초등학생 아침결식 실태 및 관련요인. 보건교육 건강증진학회지, 23(3), 17-35.
- 보건복지가족부/질병관리본부 (2008). 2008 국민건강통계-국민건강영양조사. 제4기 2차년도.
- 여윤재, 윤지현, 심재은 (2009). 초.중.고등학생의 아침식사 섭취에 따른 하루식사의 질평가: 2001년 국민건강 영양조사 자료분석. 대한지역사회영양학회지, 14(1), 1-11.
- 유현희, 남정은, 김인숙 (2003). 전북지역 일부 여대생의 아침식사 빈도에 따른 영양소 섭취, 건강상태에 관한 연구. 대한지역사회영양학회지, 8(6), 964-976.
- 이보숙, 양일선 (2006). 초.중.고학생의 아침식사와 관련된 요인들에 대한 탐색적 연구. 대한지역사회영양학회지, 11(1), 25-38.
- 이윤나, 이정선, 고유미, 우지성, 김복희, 최혜미 (1996). 대학생의 거주형태에 따른 영양섭취 실태 및 식습관에 관한 연구. 지역사회영양학회지, 1(2), 189-200.
- 정상진, 이윤나, 권순자 (2004). 일부 지역 초등학생 아침결식과 식사 관련요인분석. 대한지역사회영양학회지, 9(1), 3-11.
- 최미용, 박동연, 이승교 (2003). 아침식사 여부에 따른 쌀음식 섭취 형태 및 선택. 대한지역사회영양학회지, 8(4), 547-555.
- 허인자, 김대환 (1999). 대학생들의 아침식사 습관과 관련된 요인에 관한 연구. 보건교육건강증진학회지, 16(2), 121-134.
- Bellisle, F, Monneuse, M. O., Steptoe, A, & Wardle, J. (1995). Weight concerns and eating patterns: A survey of university students in Europe. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord, 19, 723-730.
- Brugman, E, Meulmeester, J. F., Spec-van der Wekke, A., & Verloove-Vanhorick, S. P. (1998). Breakfast-skipping in children and young adolescents in The Netherlands. Eur J Public Health 8, 325-328. https://doi.org/10.1093/eurpub/8.4.325
- Corder, K., Sluijs, E. M. F., Steele, R. M., Stephen, A. M., Dunn, V., Bamber, D., et al. (2010). Breakfast consumption and physical activity in British adolescents. Br J Nutr, 1, 1-6.
- Fisher, M., Schneider, M., Pegler, C., & Napolitano, B. (1991). Eating attitudes, health-risk behaviors, self esteem, and anxiety among adolescent females in a suburban high school. J Adolesc Health, 12, 377-384. https://doi.org/10.1016/0197-0070(91)90051-M
- Hoglund, D., Samuelson, G., & Mark, A. (1998). Food habits in Swedish adolescents in relation to socioeconomin conditions. Eur J Clin Nutr, 52, 784-789. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.ejcn.1600644
- Isralowitz, R. E., & Trostler, N. (1996). Substance use: Toward an understanding of its relation to nutrition-related attitudes and behavior among Israeli high school youth. J Adolesc Health, 19, 184-189. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1054-139X(96)00081-X
- Kant, A. K., Andon, M.B., Angelopoulos, T., J, & Rippe, J. M. (2008). Association of breakfast energy density with diet quality and body mass index in American adults: National health and nutrition examination survey, 1999-2004. Am J Clin Nutr, 88, 1396-1404.
- Kapantais, E., Chala, E., Kaklamanou, D., Lanaras, L., Kaklamanou, M., & Tzotzas, T. (2010). Breakfast skipping and its relation to BMI and health-compromising behaviors among Greek adolescents. Public Health Nutrition, 8. 1-8.
- Keski-Rahkonen, A., Viken, R. J., Kaprio, J., Rissanen, A., Rose, R. J. (2004). Genetic and environmental factors in breakfast eating patterns. Behavior Genetics, 34(5), 503-514. https://doi.org/10.1023/B:BEGE.0000038488.22974.b1
- Kochar, J., Djousse, L., & Gaziano, J. M., (2007). Breakfast cereals and risk of type 2 diabetes in the physicians' health study I. Obesity, 15, 3039-3044. https://doi.org/10.1038/oby.2007.362
- Marangoni, F., Poli, A., Agostoni, C., Pietro, P. E., Cricelli, C., Brignoli, O., et al. (2009). A consensus document on the role of breakfast in the attainment and maintenance of health and wellness. Acta Biomed, 80, 166-171
- Nicklas, T. A., O'Neil, C. E., & Berenson, G. S. (1998). Nutrient contribution of breakfast, secular trends, and the role of ready-to-eat cereals: A review of data from the Bogalusa heart study. Am J Clin Nutr, 67, 757S-763S.
- Nishiyama, M., Muto, T., Minakawa, T., & Shibata, T. (2009). The combined unhealthy behaviors of breakfast skipping and smoking are associated with the prevalence of Diabetes Mellitus. Tohoku J Exp Med, 218, 259-264. https://doi.org/10.1620/tjem.218.259
- Prattala, R., & Roos, E. (1999). From resional ethnographies to interdisciplinary approachs-research on meals in Finland. Appetite, 32, 66-72. https://doi.org/10.1006/appe.1998.0197
- Purslow, L. R., Sandhu, M. S., Forouhi, N., Young, E. H., Luben, R. N., Welch, A. A., et al. (2008). Energy intake at breakfast and weight change: Prospective study of 6,764 middle-aged men and women. Am J Epidemiol, 167(2), 188-192.
- Rampersaud, G. C., Pereira, M. A., Girard, B. L., Adams, J., & Metzl, J. D. (2005). Breakfast habits, nutritional status, body weight, and academic performance in children and adolescents. J Am Diet Assoc, 105, 743-760. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jada.2005.02.007
- Resnicow, K. (1991). The relationship between breakfast habits and plasma cholesterol level in schoolshildren. J Sch Health, 61, 81-85. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1746-1561.1991.tb03242.x
- Shaw, M. E. (1998). Adolescent breakfast skipping: An Austrailian study. Adolescence, 33, 851-861.
- Timlin, M. T., Pereira, M. A., Story, M., Neumark-Sztainer, D. (2008). Breakfast eating and weight change in 5-year prospective analysis of adolescents: Project EAT (Eating Among Teens). Pediatrics, 121(3), e638-e645. https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2007-1035
- United States Department of Agriculture. School Breakfast Program. Retrieved From http://www.fns.usda.gov/Breakfast/AboutBFast/ProHistory.htm. 2010, November 22
- Veltsista, A., Laitinen, J. , Sovio, U., Roma, E., Jarvelin, M. R., & Bakoula, C. (2010). Relationship between eating behavior, breakfast consumption, and obesity among Finnish and Greek adolescents. J Nutr Educ Behav, 42(6), 417-421. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jneb.2009.12.004