- Volume 16 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Control of Balancing Robot
밸런싱 로봇 제어
- Min, Hyung-Gi (Changwon National University) ;
- Kim, Ji-Hoon (Changwon National University) ;
- Yoon, Ju-Han (Changwon National University) ;
- Jeung, Eun-Tae (Changwon National University) ;
- Kwon, Sung-Ha (Changwon National University)
- 민형기 (창원대학교 제어계측공학과) ;
- 김지훈 (창원대학교 제어계측공학과) ;
- 윤주한 (창원대학교 제어계측공학과) ;
- 정은태 (창원대학교 제어계측공학과) ;
- 권성하 (창원대학교 제어계측공학과)
- Received : 2010.08.16
- Accepted : 2010.10.14
- Published : 2010.12.01
This paper shows to stabilize a balancing robot. We derive the dynamics of a balancing robot and design its controller using LQR method. For stabilizing balancing robot, we introduce a method to detect an angle using inertial sensors. In this study, we use a complementary filter to fuse signals by frequency response of gyroscope and accelerometer in order to measure the inclined angle of balancing robot. The filter coefficients are obtained by least square to minimize error in angle-detecting filter design. And then, after we derive a dynamics of balancing robot using Lagrange method, we linearize that dynamics for using LQR method.
Supported by : 국립창원대학교
- Segway korea, http://www.segway-korea.com.
- H. G Ha and J. M Lee, “A Control of mobile inverted pendulum using single accelerometer,” Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 440-445, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2010.16.5.440
- J. H. Kim, G. H. Ha, and E. Y. Cho, “Controller design of balancing using IMU sensors,” ICROS Annual Conference 2010, Chuncheon, Korea, pp.453-548, May 2010.
- J. -M. Yun, J. -K. Lee, and J. -M. Lee, “An efficient horizontal maintenance technigue for the mobile inverted pendulum,” Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems, vol. 13, no. 7, pp. 656-663, 2007.
- Technical report of LEGO Mindstorm, http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/19147
- Wikipedia's pendulum page, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inverted_pendulum.
- V. Krishnan, “Measurement of angular velocity and linear acceleration using linear accelerometers,” Journal of the Franklin Institute, vol. 280, no. 4, pp. 307-315, 1965. https://doi.org/10.1016/0016-0032(65)90310-8
- C. W. Kang, Y. M. Yoo, and C. G. Park, “Performance improvement of attitude estimation using modified euler angle based Kalman Filter,” Journal of Institude of Control, Robotics and Systems, vol. 14, no. 9, pp. 881-885, 2008. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2008.14.9.881
- D. Gaylor and E. Lightsey, “GPS/INS Kalman filter design for spacecraft operating in the proximity of International Space Station,” Proc. of AIAA Guidance, Navigation, and Control Conference and Exhibit, 2003.
- H. J. Luinge and P. H. Veltink, “Measuring orientation of human body segments using miniature gyroscope and accelerometers,” Medical & Biological Engineering & Computing, vol. 43, pp. 273-282, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02345966
- S. H. Hong, “Fuzzy logic based closed-loop strapdown attitude system for unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV),” Sensors and Actuators, A, 107, pp. 109-118, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0924-4247(03)00353-4
- R. C. Dorf, R. H. Bishop, Modern Control System 10rth Edition: Optimal Control System, Person Education, Inc., 2005.
- Youtube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v= 8GPhC5ZctvI.
- Development of a Remote Inspection Method and Device for Line Sleeves on Transmission Line vol.60, pp.4, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEEP.2011.60.4.206
- A Study on Control for the Two-Rotor System Using Inertial Sensors vol.19, pp.3, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2013.12.1811
- Control of a Unicycle Robot using a Non-model based Controller vol.20, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2014.13.0003
- Robust Position Control of a Reaction Wheel Inverted Pendulum vol.26, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5391/JKIIS.2016.26.2.127