- Volume 26 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
First Record of Scyllarine Lobster Chelarctus cultrifer (Crustacea: Decapoda: Scyllaridae) from Korea
- Lee, Seok-Hyun (Department of Biological Sciences, Silla University) ;
- Ko, Hyun-Sook (Department of Biological Sciences, Silla University)
- Received : 2010.10.04
- Accepted : 2010.11.12
- Published : 2010.11.30
The scyllarine lobster Chelarctus cultrifer is described as the first species of the genus Chelarctus known from Korean waters. C. cultrifer is very similar to the Galearctus kitanoviriosus but it is different in the pleura of the abdominal somites 2 to 4 are broader and ending in sharp posteriorly directed points and having the propodi of pereiopods 3 and 4 are forming subchelates with the dactyli. The record of the species represents an extension of its previously known range from Somalia to Hawaiian Islands and brings the number of known species of the scyllarine lobsters in Korea to three.
- Chan, T.Y. and H.P. Yu, 1993. The illustrated lobsters of Taiwan. SMC Publishing Inc., Taipei, pp. 1-247.
- Holthuis, L.B., 1991. FAO species catalogue. Vol. 13. Marine lobsters of the world. An annotated and illustrated catalogue of species of interest to fisheries known to date. FAO fisheries synopsis No. 125, Vol. 13. FAO, Rome, pp. 1-292.
- Holthuis, L.B., 2002. The Indo-Pacific scyllarine lobsters (Crustacea, Decapoda, Scyllaridae). Zoosystema, 24(3): 499-683.
- Kim, H.S. and W. Kim, 1997. Decapoda In: List of animals in Korea (excluding Insects). Academy Publishing Co., Seoul, pp. 212-223.
- Minemizu, R., 2000. Marine Decapod and Stomatopod Crustaceans mainly from Japan. Buninchi Sogo Publishing Co., Ltd., Tokyo, pp. 1-344. (in Japanese)
- Miyake, S., 1983. Japanese Crustacean Decapods and Stomatopods in color Vol. I Macrura, Anomura and Stomatopoda. Hoikusha Publishing Co. Ltd., pp. 1-261, pls. 1-56. (in Japanese)
- Nishimura, S., 1995. Guide to seashore animals of Japan with color pictures and keys Vol. II. Hoikusha Publishing Co., Ltd., pp. 1-663. (in Japanese)
- Okada, K., S. Uchida and T. Uchida, 1974. New illustrated encyclopedia of the fauna of Japan. Vol. II. Hokuryukan Co., Ltd., pp. 1-803. (in Japanese)
- Ortmann, A.E., 1897. Carcinologische Studien. Zool. Ja. Syst., 10: 258-372, pl. 17.
- Takeda, M., 1982. Keys to the Japanese and foreign Crustaceans. Hokuryukan Ltd., Tokyo, pp. 1-284. (in Japanese)
- Descriptions of Five Species of Scyllarine Lobsters (Crustacea, Decapoda, Scyllaridae) in Korea vol.29, pp.2, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5635/ASED.2013.29.2.115