- Volume 26 Issue 3
A Kinetic Study on the Phosphorus Adsorption by Physical Properties of Activated Carbon
활성탄 물성에 따른 인 흡착의 동력학적 연구
- Seo, Jeongbeom (Department of Environmental Engineering, Anyang University) ;
- Kang, Joonwon (Department of Environmental Engineering, Anyang University)
- Received : 2010.01.13
- Accepted : 2010.03.04
- Published : 2010.05.30
This study aimed to obtain equilibrium concentration on adsorption removal of phosphorus by activated carbon, to express the adsorption characteristics following Freundlich isotherm and also, based on the value obtained, to investigate the relationship between physical properties of activated carbon and dynamics of phosphorus removal by obtaining rate constant and effective pore diffusivity. The results summarized from this study are as follows. Phosphorus adsorption equilibrium reaching time of powdered activated carbon was reduced as the dosage of activated carbon increases, while granular activated carbon despite increased dosage did not have influence on adsorption equilibrium reaching times of phosphorus as well, taking more than 10 hours. It was also noted that powdered activated carbon showed better adsorption ability than granular activated carbon. The value of constant (f) of Freundlich isotherm of powered activated carbon on phosphorus was 4.26 which is bigger than those of granular activated carbon. The adsorption rate constant on phosphorus of powered activated carbon with low effective diameter and iodine number was highest as
- 김준명, 이상민, 임경호, 김일규, 강호(2008). 완전침지형 회전매체 생물막 공정에서 포기강도 조절이 동시 질산화/탈질 효율에 미치는 영향. 수질보전 한국물환경학회지, 24(3), pp. 273-279.
- 서정범, 강준원, 이익수(2008). 활성탄 물성에 따른 암모니아성 질소 흡착의 동력학적 연구. 수질보전 한국물환경학회지, 24(3), pp. 311-316.
- 서정범, 윤조희, 임연택, 조광명(1994). 토양의 인 흡착 특성에 관한 동력학적 연구. 수질보전 한국물환경학회지, 10(4), pp. 421-426.
- 환경부(2001a). 수질오염공정시험방법.
- 환경부(2001b). 하수처리장의 탈질.탈인 공정 상용화 기술개발.
- 환경부(2008). 하수도 통계.
- 환경부(2009). 하수도법 시행규칙 일부개정안 입법예고.
- Arora, M. L., Barth, E. F., and Margaret, B. U. (1985). Technology evaluation of sequencing batch reactor. Journal WPCF, 57, pp. 867-875.
- Burdick, C. R., Refling, D. R., and Stensel, D. H. (1982). Advanced biological treatment to achieve nutrient removal. Journal WPCF, 54, pp. 1078-1086.
- Daigger, G. T. and David, G. (1988). Enhanced secondary treatment incorporating biological nutrient removal. Journal WPCF, 60, pp. 1833-1842.
- Dryden, C. E. and Kay, W. B. (1954). Kinetic of batch adsorption and desorption. Ind. and Eng. Chemistry, 46(11), pp. 2294-2300. https://doi.org/10.1021/ie50539a023
- Silverstein, J. and Schroeder, E. D. (1983). Performance of SBR activated sludge process with nitrification/denitrification. Journal WPCF, 55, pp. 377-384.
- Tetreault, M. J., Benedict, A. H., Christopher, K., and Barth, E. F. (1986). Biological phosphorus removal : A technology evaluation. Journal WPCF, 58, pp. 823-837.
- U. S. EPA (1987). Design Manual Phosphorus Removal. EPA/625/1-87/001.
- U. S. EPA (1993). Manual Nitrogen Control. EPA/625/R-93/010.
- Water Pollution Control Federation (1983). Nutrient Control Manual of Practice No. FD-7. Water Pollution Control Federation, N. W.