- Volume 11 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Study on Rheological Properties of HBA/HNA Thermotropic Liquid Crystalline Polymer
HBA/HNA계 열방성 액정고분자의 유변학적 특성에 관한 연구
- Son, Young-Gon (Division of Advanced Materials Science and Engineering, Kongju National University)
- 손영곤 (공주대학교 공과대학 신소재공학부)
- Received : 2010.11.26
- Accepted : 2010.12.17
- Published : 2010.12.31
Rheological measurement of a thermotropic liquid crystalline poymer (TLCP) is not an easy task since their rheological responses are strongly influenced by a thermal history during a processing and thus the reproducibility of the measurement is poor. In order to find out a cause for the strong influence of the thermal history, rheological measurements and DSC observations of the TLCP having various thermal histories were carried out. It was observed that the TLCP used in this study shows liquid-like behavior at a temperature above a crystal-nematic transition temperature (
HNA/HBA thermotropic liquid crystalline polymer;Rheological variation;Thermal history
- D. Dutta, H. Fruitwala, A. Kohli, and R. A. Weiss, "Polymer blends containing liquid crystals: a review", Polym. Eng. Sci., Vol. 30, No. 17, pp. 1005-1018, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1002/pen.760301704
- G. T. Pawlikowski, D. Dutta, and R. A. Weiss, Annu. Rev. Mater. Sci., "Molecular composites and self-reinforced liquid crystalline polymer blends" Vol. 21, pp. 159-183, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.ms.21.080191.001111
- F. P. LaMantia and A. Valenza, Makromol. Chem., Makromol. Symp., "Shear flow characterization of blends containing liquid crystal polymers" Vol 56, pp. 151-159, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1002/masy.19920560117
- A. A. Handlos and D. G. Baird, J. Macromol. Chem. Phys. - Rev. Macromol. Chem. Phys., "Processing and associated properties of in situ composites based on thermotropic liquid crystalline polymers and thermoplastics " Vol. C35, No. 2, pp. 183, 1995.
- A. Datta, H. H. Chen, and D. G. Baird, Polymer, "The effect of compatibilization on blends of polypropylene with a liquid-crystalline polymer" Vol. 34, pp. 759, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1016/0032-3861(93)90360-M
- V. Mehta and J.S. Cooper, J. Power Sourc., 114, 32 (2003).
- Ticona, "Ticona Vectra Liquid Crystal Polymer (LCP) Product Information," Summit, NJ, 07901,(2000).
- R. A. Weiss "Rheological Behavior of Liquid -Crystalline Polymer-Polymer Blends" in "Polymers as Rheology Modifiers" Chapter 8, pp. 144-154, ACS Symposium Series, Vol. 462 (1991). https://doi.org/10.1021/bk-1991-0462.ch008
- S. Onogi and T. Asada, "Rheology and rheo-optics of polymer liquid crystals; G. Astariata, G Marrucci, Eds; Plenum New York 1980; Vol 1, pp. 127.