- Volume 11 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Buckling Analysis of Laminated Composite Plates under the In-plane Compression and Shear Loadings
면내 압축 및 전단하중을 받는 적층복합판의 좌굴 해석
- Lee, Won-Hong (Department of Civil Engineering, Jinju National University) ;
- Han, Sung-Cheon (Department of Civil & Railroad Engineering, Daewon University College) ;
- Park, Weon-Tae (Division of Construction and Environmental Engineering, Kongju National University)
- Received : 2010.10.21
- Accepted : 2010.12.17
- Published : 2010.12.31
In this paper, we investigate the buckling analysis of laminated composite plates, using a improved assumed natural strain shell element. In order to overcome membrane and shear locking phenomena, the assumed natural strain method is used. The eigenvalues of the laminated composite plates are calculated by varying the width-thickness ratio and angle of fiber. To improve an shell element for buckling analysis, the new combination of sampling points for assumed natural strain method was applied and the refined first-order shear deformation theory which allows the shear deformation without shear correction factor. In order to validate the present solutions, the reference solutions are used and discussed. The results of laminated composite plates under the in-plane shear loading may be the benchmark test for the buckling analysis.
Buckling analysis;In-plane shear loading;First-order shear deformation theory;Assumed natural strain;Laminated composite plates
Supported by : 진주산업대학교
- H. C. Huang and E. Hinton E, "A new nine node degenerated shell element with enhanced membrane and shear interpolation", International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, Vol. 22, pp. 73-92, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1002/nme.1620220107
- S. W. Yoo and C. K. Choi, "Geometrically nonlinear analysis of laminated composite by an improved degenerated shell element", Struct .Eng. Mech.,Vol. 9(1), pp. 99-110, 2000. https://doi.org/10.12989/sem.2000.9.1.099
- H. Ma and W. Kanok-Nukulchai, "On the application of assumed strained methods", In: Kanok-Nukulchai et al., editors. Structural engineering and construction, achievement, trends and challenges, AIT, Bankok, 1989.
- S. C. Han, K. D. Kim and W. Kanok-Nukulchai, "An element-based 9-node resultant shell element for large deformation analysis of laminated composite plates and shells", Structural Engineering and Mechanics, Vol. 18(6), pp. 807-829, 2004. https://doi.org/10.12989/sem.2004.18.6.807
- K. D. Kim, G. R. Lomboy and S. C. Han, "A co-rotational 8-node assumed strain shell element for postbuckling analysis of laminated composite plates and shells", Comput. Mech., Vol. 30(4), pp. 330-342, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00466-003-0415-6
- 이원홍, 한성천, 박원태, "점진기능재료(FGM)판의 휨, 진동 및 좌굴해석", 한국산학기술학회논문집, 제9권 제4호, pp. 1043-1049, 2008.
- Q. Yunqian, F. Norman, and J. Knight, "A refined first-order shear-deformation theory and its justification by plane-strain bending problem of laminated plates", International Journal of Solids and Structures, Vol. 33(1), pp. 49-64, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1016/0020-7683(95)00010-8
- H. V. Lakshminarayana and K. Kailash, "A shear deformable curved shell element of quadrilateral shape", Computers & Structures, Vol. 33, pp. 987- 1001, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1016/0045-7949(89)90434-3
- R. H. MacNeal and R. L. Harder, "A proposed standard set of problems to test finite element accuracy", Finite Elements in Analysis and Design, Vol. 1, pp. 3-20, 1985. https://doi.org/10.1016/0168-874X(85)90003-4
- M. L. Bucalem and K. J. Bathe, "Higher-order MITC general shell elements", International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, Vol. 36, pp. 3729- 3754, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1002/nme.1620362109
- K. D. Kim, and T. H. Park, "An 8-node assumed strain element with explicit integration for isotropic and laminated composite shells", Struct. Eng. Mech., Vol. 13(4), pp. 387-.410, 2002. https://doi.org/10.12989/sem.2002.13.4.387
- J. N. Reddy, "Mechanics of laminated composite plates and shells", CRC Press: Florida, 2004.
- J. M. Whitney, "Bending-extensional coupling in laminated plates under transverse loading", J. Comput. Mater., Vol. 3, pp. 20-28, 1969. https://doi.org/10.1177/002199836900300102
- O. C. Zienkiewicz and R. L. Taylor, "The Finite Element Method",. McGraw-Hill, London, 1989.
- O. C. Zienkiewicz and R. L. Taylor, "The Finite Element Method". Butterworth-Heinemann, London, 2000.
- XFINAS, Nonlinear Structural Dynamic Analysis System, Asian Institute of Technology & Konkuk University, Korea, 2008.
- Y. Zhang and F. L. Mathews, "Initial buckling of curved panels of generally layered composite materials. Composite Struct., Vol. 1, pp. 3-30, 1983. https://doi.org/10.1016/0263-8223(83)90014-4