- Volume 11 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
AHP-Based Determination of Warning Grade in a Warranty Claims
AHP-기반으로 보증클레임의 위험등급 결정
- Na, Choon-Soo (Dept of Digital Management and Information Graduate School, Nambu University) ;
- Jung, Byeong-Soo (Dept of Digital Management and Information Graduate School, Nambu University)
- Received : 2010.11.08
- Accepted : 2010.12.17
- Published : 2010.12.31
Two perspectives on developing better decision capabilities for a warranty system can be identified: one involving the inclusion of a 'learning' module and the other the inclusion of a 'prioritization' capability. This paper demonstrates how a warning process can be included in a warranty system by coupling with a neural network's learning capabilities. In addition to the neural network, a method is employed for assigning priorities to warning criteria by using the analytic hierarchy process (AHP). Thus, it is possible to construct an integrated system with three components: the warranty system, the AHP module, and the neural network system. A case study is provided to enhance the accuracy of warning/detection judgment in a warranty system for automobile companies, having many factors related to the warranty system.
Warranty claims;Neural network;AHP;Quality information report
- O. G, Ali, and Y. T. Chen, "Design Quality and Robustness with Neural Networks", Software Quality Journal, 13, 357-375, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11219-005-4251-0
- C. R. Balakrishnan, and N. Rao, "(Eds), Handbook of Statistics: Advances in Reliability", Elsevier Science, Amsterdam, Vol. 20, pp. 585-609.
- F. T. Bozbura, and A. Beskese, and C. Kahraman, "Prioritization of human capital measurement indicators using fuzzy AHP". Expert Systems with Applications, published on line, Available from: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/09574174, 2006.
- P. S. Buczkowski, and M. E. Hartmann, and V. G. Kulkarni, "Outsourcing prioritized warranty repairs". Sep Vol: 22, 699 - 714, 2005.
- C. Canel, and D. Rosen, and E. A. Anderson, "Just-in-time is not just for manufacturing: a service perspective", Industrial Management & Data Systems, Vol. 100 No. 2, pp. 51-60, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1108/02635570010286104
- S. Chukova, and Y. Hayakawa, "Warranty cost analysis: quasi-renewal inter-repair times", International Journal of Quality & Reliability Management. Sep Vol. 22, 687 - 698, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1108/02656710510610839
- A., De Montis, P. De Toro, and B.Droste-Franke, I. Omann, and S. Stagl, Criteria for quality assessment of MCDA methods 3rd Biennial Conference of the European Society for Ecological Economics, Vienna, May 3-6, 2000.
- D. N. P. Murthy, O. Solem , and T. Roren,"Product warranty logistics: Issues and challenges" European Journal of Operational Research Volume 156, Issue 1, 1 July, Pages 110-126, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0377-2217(02)00912-8
- P. Grzegorzewski, and O. Hrynieeicz, "Computing with Words and Life Data", Int. J. Appl. Math. Comput. Sci., Vol. 12, No.3, 337-345, 2002.
- J. Hipp, and G. Lindner, "Analysing warranty claims of automobiles an application description following the CRISP-DM data mining process". Proceedings of 5th International Computer Science Conference, Hong Kong, pp. 31-40, 1999.
- E. Hotz, U. Grimmer, and W. Heuser, G., and Wieczorek, M. Nakhaeizadeh, "REVI-MINER: A KDD-environment for deviation detection and analysis of warranty and goodwill cost statements in automotive industry", Proceedings of the seventh ACM SIGKDD international conference on Knowledge discovery and data mining, San Francisco, pp. 432-7, 1999.
- M. Junga and D. S. Bai, "Analysis of field data under two-dimensional warranty", Reliability Engineering and System Safety, Vol. 92, pp. 135-43, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ress.2005.11.011
- J. D. Kalbfleisch, and J. F. Lawless, and J. A. Robinson, "Methods for the analysis and prediction of warranty claims", Technometrics, Vol. 33, pp. 273-85. 1991. https://doi.org/10.2307/1268780
- M. R. Karim and K. Suzuki, "Analysis of warranty claim data: a literature review", International Journal of Quality & Reliability Management, Vol. 22 No. 7, pp. 667-86, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1108/02656710510610820
- A. Kengpol, and C. O'Brien, "The development of a decision support tool for the selection of an advanced technology to achieve rapid product development", International Journal of Production Economics 69 (2) pp. 177-191, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0925-5273(00)00016-5
- K. D. Majeske, "A mixture model for automobile warranty data", Reliability Engineering & System Safety, Volume 81 Issue 1, July, pp. 71-7, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0951-8320(03)00073-5
- J. D. Morrice, J. Butler, and P. W. Mullarkey, "An Approach to Ranking and Selection for Multiple Performance Measures". Winter Simulation Conference 719-726, 1998.
- N. J. Pizzi, and W. Pedrycz, "Assessment of software quality using fuzzy interquartile encoded metrics". Proceedings of the 10th IFSA (Intl Fuzzy Systems Association) World Congress, June 29-July 2, Istanbul, Turkey, 368-371, 2003.
- M. Quayle, "Project management in European Aerospace plc: a case study", Industrial Management & Data Systems, Vol. 99 No. 5, pp. 221-6, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1108/02635579910282920
- T. L. Saaty, "The Analytic Hierarchy Process", McGraw Hill, 1980.
- N. H. Sung and Y. S. Chang, "An agent to detect online false and misleading claims for weight loss products in Korea Expert Systems with Applications", Volume 29, Issue 1, July, Pages 153-161, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2005.01.014
- Yan, H., Jiang, Y., Zheng, J., Peng, C., and Li, Q. (2006), A multilayer perceptron-based medical decision support system for heart disease diagnosis Expert Systems with Applications, Volume 30, Issue 2, February, Pages pp. 272-281. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2005.07.022
- Teng, X. & Pham, H., A Software Cost Model for Quantifying the Gain with Considerations of Random Field Environments. IEEE Trans. Computers, Vol. 53, No. 3, (2004) 380-384. https://doi.org/10.1109/TC.2004.1261844
- Jeske, D. R. & Zhang, X., Some Successful Approaches to Software Reliability Modeling in Industry. Journal of Systems and Software, Vol. 74, No. 1, (2005) 85-99. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jss.2003.10.024