- Volume 11 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
PDF-Distance Minimizing Blind Algorithm based on Delta Functions for Compensation for Complex-Channel Phase Distortions
복소 채널의 위상 왜곡 보상을 위한 델타함수 기반의 확률분포거리 최소화 블라인드 알고리듬
- Received : 2010.08.30
- Accepted : 2010.12.17
- Published : 2010.12.31
This paper introduces the complex-version of an Euclidean distance minimization algorithm based on a set of delta functions. The algorithm is analyzed to be able to compensate inherently the channel phase distortion caused by inferior complex channels. Also this algorithm has a relatively small size of Gaussian kernel compared to the conventional method of using a randomly generated symbol set. This characteristic implies that the information potential between desired symbol and output is higher so that the algorithm forces output more strongly to gather close to the desired symbol. Based on 16 QAM system and phase distorted complex-channel models, mean squared error (MSE) performance and concentration performance of output symbol points are evaluated. Simulation results show that the algorithm compensates channel phase distortion effectively in constellation performance and about 5 dB enhancement in steady state MSE performance.
Complex channel;Phase distortion;Delta functions;Blind equalization;PDF-distance minimization
- 강성진, 김남용, "IS-95 역방향 링크 신호의 품질 측정 알고리즘," 한국산학기술학회 논문지, 11권, 9호, 9월, 2010, pp. 3428-3434.
- J. R. Treichler and B. Agee, "A new approach to multipath correction of constant modulus signals," IEEE Trans. Acoust., Speech, Signal Process, vol. ASSP-31, Nov. 1983, pp. 349-372.
- J. C. Principe, D. Xu and J. Fisher, Information Theoretic Learning in: S. Haykin, Unsupervised Adaptive Filtering, Wiley, (New York, USA), 2000, pp. 265-319.
- K. H. Jeong, J. W. Xu, D. Erdogmus, and J. C. Principe, "A new classifier based on information theoretic learning with unlabeled data," Neural Networks, 18, 2005, pp. 719-726. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neunet.2005.06.018
- N. Kim, K. H. Jeong, and K. Kwon, "A Study on the Weighting Effect on Information Potentials in Blind Equalizers for Multi-point Communication," International Conference on Information Science and Technology, APIC-IST 2008, (Indang, Philippines), Dec. 18-19, 2008, pp. 103-108.
- N. Kim, K. H. Jeong and L. Yang, "Euclidean Distance Minimization of Probability Density Functions for Blind Equalization," Journal of Communications and Networks, Accepted, 2010.
- N. Kim, "A Study on the Complex - Channel Blind Equalization Using ITL Algorithms," The Journal of Korean Information and communications Society, Accepted, 2010.
- E. Parzen "On Estimation of a Probability Density Function and Mode," in Time Series Analysis Papers, San Diego, Holden-Day, 1967.
- V. Weerackody and S. A. Kassam, "Dual-Mode Type Algorithms for Blind Equalization," IEEE Trans. on Comm., vol. 42, Jan. 1994, pp. 22-28. https://doi.org/10.1109/26.275296