- Volume 11 Issue 12
This paper proposes a scheme to maximize traffic capacity for supporting mobile multimedia services. For a handoff session, we suggest a novel resource reservation scheme to adjust the number of reserved resources in macrocell, depending on the number of saturated microcells. The proposed schemes are able to accommodate much more mobile sessions in the microcell and significantly reduce the blocking probability in the macrocell at the expense of the small increment of a forced termination in the microcell. Therefore, our system is more flexible to the increase of traffic in macrocell.
Reserved Resource;Handoff;Resource Reservation;Mobile Multimedia Service
- C-L. I, L.J. Greenstein and R.D. Gitlin, "A Microcell/Macrocell Cellular Architecture for Low-and High-Mobility Wireless Users," IEEEJ.SelectedAreas Commun.,Vol.11,No.6,PP.855-890,Aug.1993.
- Y.B. Lin, A. Noerpel and D. Harasty, "A Non-Blocking Channel Assignment Strategy for Handoffs," in Proc. IEEE INFOCOM'94, pp. 558-562, Apr. 1994.
- S.H. Ali, K.D. Lee, and V.C.M. Leung, "Dynamic Resource Allocation in OFDMA Wireless Metropolitan Area Networks," IEEE Wireless Communications, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 6-13, Feb. 2007
- S. Buljore et al., "Architecture and Enablers for Optimized Radio Resource Usage in Heterogeneous Wireless Access Networks: The IEEE 1900.4 Working Group," IEEE Commun. Mag., vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 122-129, Jan. 2009.
- Y. Xing et al., "Dynamic Spectrum Access in Open Spectrum Wireless Networks," IEEE J. Sel. Areas in Commun., vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 626-637, Mar. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/JSAC.2005.862415
- X. Zhou et al., "Traffic-Driven Dynamic Spectrum Auctions," Sensor, Mesh and Ad Hoc Communications and Networks Workshops (SENCON), 2008.
- W.G. Chung et al., "Calculation of Spectral Efficiency for Estimating Spectrum Requirements of IMT-Advanced in Korean Mobile Communication Environments," ETRI J., vol. 29, no. 2, pp.153-161. Apr. 2007. https://doi.org/10.4218/etrij.07.0106.0105