- Volume 11 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Analysis of the positive word-of-mouth, Quality of medical service and customer satisfaction of patients in dental clinics
치과의원 내원환자들의 긍정적 구전과 치과 의료서비스 품질 및 고객만족도 분석
- Yang, Hae-Young (Dept. of Dental Hygiene, Taegu Science College)
- 양해영 (대구과학대학 치위생과)
- Received : 2010.11.08
- Accepted : 2010.12.17
- Published : 2010.12.31
Dental health care in modern society has gradually been developing with patients'expectation, desire, and medical knowledge according to the changes in the medical industry. Dental marketing strategy is necessary to construct a better dental health environment in order to cope with customers' changes and desire. The purpose of this study was to evaluate the positive comments by word-of-mouth experience, quality of dental clinic service and customer satisfaction among dental patients. The study surveyed 5oo subjects being treated at 6 dental clinics in Seoul and Gyeonggi province. It was conducted from March 22 to April 9, 2010. The subject groups with a positive experience through word - of - mouth who had a perception about the quality of dental clinic service (p<.001) and customer satisfaction (p<.001) were higher than other groups who had no comments on their dental treatment and clinics. The results showed that there was a correlation(r=. 852, p<.001) between the positive comments by word-of- mouthabout the quality of dental clinics service and customer satisfaction. The perception of dental clinic service and patients' satisfaction with positive comments by word of mouth was highly recognized by older and more experienced patients of dental treatment. Therefore, the results suggest that empirical information on important factors about strategic marketing lead to positive comments by word of mouth experience for patients in dental clinics.
Customer satisfaction;Positive word-of-mouth;Quality of medical service
Supported by : 대구과학대학
- 신호성, 홍수연, "치과의사 인력 현황 및 수급 예측", 보건사회연구, 제27권, 1호, pp. 81-102, 6월, 2007.
- 김연희, 양화정, 정순나, 채현의, "드림메디컬코치", 1판, 좋은땅, pp.4-16, 3월, 2010.
- 김미라, 이기춘, "의료서비스에 대한 소비자만족에 영향을 미치는 요인", 소비자학연구, 제15권, 3호,pp.111-131, 9월, 2004.
- 권민택, 김혜경, "의료서비스 정보처리에 대한 희망의역할에 대한 연구", 산업경제연구, 제21권 4호, pp.1653-1680, 8월, 2008.
- 조우현, 이선희, 이해종, 전기홍, "의료서비스마케팅", 퇴설당, pp.20, 1999.
- 손용석, 안광호, "구전.광고효과를 고려한 신제품 수용모형에 관한 연구", 마케팅연구, 제12권, 1호, pp157-181, 3월, 1997.
- 류정건, "노인성 장기요양 환자의 요양병원 선택요인에 관한 연구", 동아대학교 박사학위논문, 2월, 2005.
- L. Jean Harrison-Walker, "The measurement of word-of-mouth communication and an investigation of service quality and customer commitment as potential antecedents", Journal of Service Research, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 60-75 , August , 2001. https://doi.org/10.1177/109467050141006
- Karen Maru File, et al., "Interactive marketing: The influence of participation on positive word-of-mouth and referrals", Journal of Service Marketing, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp.5-14, December, 1993.
- Woodside AG, et al., "Linking service quality, customer satisfaction, and behavioral intention", Journal of Health Care Marketing, Vol. 9, No. 4, pp.5-17, December, 1989.
- Lytle RS, et al., "Evaluating health care quality: the moderating role of outcomes", Journal of Health Care Marketing, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 4-14, March, 1992.
- Oliver Richard L, "Cognitive, affective, and attribute bases of the satisfaction response", Journal of Consumer Research, Vol. 20, No. 3, pp.418-430, December, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1086/209358
- Pilip Kotler, et al., "Marketing Management", (12th Edition), Prentice Hall, pp.36-62, January, 2006.
- Whyte J, et al., "The web of word of mouth", Fortune, Vol. 50, No. 11, pp.140-143. November, 1954.
- Eugene Borgida1, et al., "The Differential Impact of Abstract vs. Concrete Information on Decisions", Journal of Applied Social Psychology, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp.258-271, September, 1977. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1559-1816.1977.tb00750.x
- 황의록, 김창호, "구전커뮤니케이션에 관한 문헌연구", 광고연구, 26(봄호), pp.55-84, 2월, 1995.
- Cronin Jr J Joseph, et al., "Msasuring service quality: A reexamination and extension", Journal of Marketing, Vol. 56, No. 3, pp.55-68, July, 1992. https://doi.org/10.2307/1252296
- Cronin Jr J Joseph, et al., Hult G Tomas M, "Assessing the Effects of Quality, Value, and Customer Satisfaction on Consumer Behavioral Intentions in Service Environments", Journal of Retailing, Vol. 76, No. 2, pp193-218, Summer, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-4359(00)00028-2
- David Martin, et al., "The role of emotion in explaining consumer satisfaction and future behavioural intention", Journal of Services Marketing, Vol. 22, No. 3, pp.224-236, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1108/08876040810871183
- Ruth N Bolton, et al., "A multi-stage model of customers' of service quality and value", Journal of Consumer Research, Vol. 17, No. 4, pp.375-384, March, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1086/208564
- Mary Jo Bitner, et al., "The Service Encounter: Diagnosing Favorable and Unfavorable Incidents", Journal of Marketing, Vol. 54, No. 1, pp.71-84, January, 1990. https://doi.org/10.2307/1252174
- 설상철, 김수배, "의료서비스 품질, 재이용의도, 구전효과 사이의 인과관계 모형 연구", 대한경영학회지,제17권, 제4호, pp.1485-1512, 8월, 2004.
- 김종호, 이영희, "지각된 의료서비스 품질이 환자만족 및 후속행동에 미치는 영향", 마케팅관리연구, 제9권, 제1호, pp.1-28, 1월, 2004.
- 한상숙, 손인순, 구자철, 이상철, "의료서비스 품질요인이 환자충성도에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구:SERVPERF 척도를 중심으로", 품질경영학회지, 제35 권, 제1호, pp.61-72, 3월, 2007.
- 서은주, "의료서비스 제공자와 이용자와의 관계품질에 관한 연구", 제주대학교 석사학위논문, 2월, 2007.
- A Study on Customer Loyalty and Word-of-Mouth Effect according to Character Trait of Patient in Dental Clinics vol.12, pp.12, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.12.5819