- Volume 11 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Assessment on Quality of Life: Based on Oral Health Conditions
구강건강상태에 따른 삶의 질 평가
- Kim, Ji-Hwa (Dept. of Dental Hygiene, Pohang Collage) ;
- Kang, Sun-Hee (Dept. of Medical Record & Health Information Management, Kongju National University) ;
- Jeong, Mi-Ae (Dept. of Dental hygiene, Kangwon National University)
- Received : 2010.09.15
- Accepted : 2010.12.17
- Published : 2010.12.31
This study adopted two instruments, i.e. Oral Health Impact Profile-14 (OHIP-14: index of patient's subjective oral health impact) and Todai Health Index (THI: index of patient's subjective systemic health) The Purpose of this study was to determine potential effects of oral health upon systemic health and quality of life (QOL) and provide required basic reference data for developing oral diseases prevention program and public oral health improvement As a result, it may contribute to improving health and quality of life in local community. Analysis on OHIP for subjective oral health conditions revealed that there were significant differences among all categories of self-aware oral health conditions on statistic basis and good oral health group showed significantly higher total OHIP points (4.33) than any other group. Analysis on THI for subjective oral health conditions showed that there were significant differences among all categories of self-aware oral health conditions on statistical basis and very good oral health group got higher total THI points (3.83) than any other group. Analysis on QOL for subjective oral health conditions suggested that there were significant differences among all categories of self-aware oral health conditions but social category and good oral health group got highest total QOL points (3.39) of all groups.
Todia health index;oral health;subjective oral health impact
- 건강보험심사평가원, 건강보험통계지표, 서울, 건강보험심사평가원, 2006.
- 보건복지부, 구강보건사업안내. 서울, 보건복지부, 2007.
- 이영순, "인슐린 의존형 당뇨병 환자의 구강상태에 관한 연구", 석사학위논문, 연세대학교 대학원, 1992.
- 권태호, "노인의 전신건강과 구강건강 실태의 비교 조사 연구", 석사논문, 전북대학교 대학원, 1990.
- 최연희, "구강상태와 전신건강과의 관련성", 박사학위논문, 연세대학교 대학원, 2001.
- 원영순, "노인의 구강상태와 식습관 및 건강의 관계", 석사학위논문, 연세대학교 보건대학원. 2003.
- Slade, G. D, "Derivation and validation of a short form oral health impact profile", Community Dent oral Epidemiol. Vol. 25, pp. 284-290, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0528.1997.tb00941.x
- Axelsson, G., and S. Helgadottir, "Comparison of oral health data from self-administered questionnaire and clinical examination", Community Dent. Oral Epidemiol Vol 23, pp. 365-8, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0528.1995.tb00264.x
- Cruze, G. D., D. L. Galvis, and M. Kim, "Self-perceived oral health among three subgroup of Asian-Americans in New York City: a preliminary study", Community Dent. Oral Epidemiol. Vol 29, pp. 99-106, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1034/j.1600-0528.2001.290204.x
- Robinson, P. G., B. Gibson, F. A. Khan, and W. Birnbaum, "Validity of two oral health-related quality of life measure" Community Dent. Oral Epidemiol. Vol 31, pp. 90-9, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1034/j.1600-0528.2003.00051.x
- 김윤신, THI 건강조사표의 분석방법에 관한 고찰, 한국보건통계학회, 제14권, 제1호, pp. 31-38, 1989.
- The WHOQOL Group. Development of the Word health organization WHOQOL-BREF Quality of Life Assessment, Psychological Medicine, 28, 551-558. 1998. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0033291798006667
- Wong, M. C. M., E. C. M. Lo, and A. S. McMillan. 2002. Validation of a Chinese version of the Oral Health Impact Profile(OHIP). Community Dent. Oral Epidemiol. Vol 30 pp. 423-430, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1034/j.1600-0528.2002.00013.x
- 이명선. "한국노인 구강건강영향지수의 타당도 및 신뢰도". 석사학위논문, 조선대학교 환경보건대학원. 2005.
- 김혜진, "OHIP를 이용한 산업근로자의 구강건강평가 및 삶의 질과의 관련성". 박사학위논문, 계명대학교 대학원. 2004.
- Steele J. G., A. E. Sanders, G. D. Slade, P. F. Allen, S. Lahti, N. Nuttal, and A. J. Spencer. "How do age and tooth loss affect oral health impacts and quality of life? A study comparing two national samples". Community Dent. Oral Epidemiol. 32:107-114. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.0301-5661.2004.00131.x
- 장문성, 김혜영, 심연수, 류인철, 한수부, 정종평, 구영, 한국노인의 자가보고 치주건강상태와 구강건강관련 삶의 질의 연관성, 제37권, 3호, pp. 591-600, 2006.
- Allen, P. F., and A. S. McMillan. "The impact of tooth loss in a denture wearing population: An Assessment using the Oral Health Impact Profile". Community Dent. Health Vol 16, pp. 176-80. 1999.
- Leao, A., and A. Sheiham. "Relation between Clinical Dental Status and Subjective Impacts on Daily Living". J. Dent. Res. Vol. 74, No. 7, pp. 1408-13. 1995. https://doi.org/10.1177/00220345950740071301
- Brennan, D. S., and A. J. Spencer. "Mapping oral health related quality of life to generic health state values". BMC Health Service Research Vol 6, pp. 96-106. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1186/1472-6963-6-96
- McGrath, C., A. H. H. wong, E. C. M. LO, and C. S. Cheung. The sensitivity and responsiveness of an oral health related quality of life measure to tooth whitening. Journal of Dentistry Vol. 33, NO 8, :pp. 697-702, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jdent.2005.01.012
- Jarno, S., S. Taipale, and A. Liisa. 2005. Sense of coherence as a determinant of the oral health related quality of life: a national study in Finnish adults. European journal of Oral sciences Vol. 113, No. 2, pp. 121-127. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0722.2005.00201.x
- The Factors of Oral Health Impact profile of workers -Industrial workers in Gyeong-Nam province- vol.13, pp.10, 2012, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.10.4604
- Relationship between the oral Health, oral health impact profile-14 and total health index of male workers vol.13, pp.1, 2013, https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2013.13.1.013
- Relationship of Oral Health Behavior to Happiness Indexes among Industrial Workers vol.13, pp.11, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.11.313
- Influence of oral health status on oral health-related quality of life(OHIP-14) among elderly people in Busan vol.13, pp.5, 2013, https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2013.13.05.759
- The impact of Health Status of for the Elderly on Oral Health-Related of life Quality vol.12, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.5.271
- Relationship between subjective recognition for oral health with oral health status in HBsAg positive carriers vol.14, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.04.563
- Impact of the oral health-related quality of life(OHIP-14) of industrial workers in some area vol.14, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.06.859
- Investigation of Factor about Influet to Treatment to Happiness Index among Dental Patients vol.14, pp.8, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.08.257
- A Study on Social Efficacy of Senior Citizens in Welfare Centers in Some Areas according to Their Subjective Oral Health and Their Quality of Life related to Oral Health vol.15, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.2.1000
- Health-related quality of life by oral health behavior and oral health status for the Middle-aged people vol.15, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.02.197
- Differences in health-related quality of life by sleep duration and subjective oral health in Korean adults with coronary artery disease vol.23, pp.2, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1111/ijn.12515