- Volume 11 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
The Abnormal Rates of Blood Pressures and Blood Biochemical Properties with BMI in Health Checkup Examinees
건강검진 수검자들의 BMI에 따른 혈압, 혈액 및 혈액생화학적지표의 비정상치 분포
- Park, Kyu-Ri (Department of Public Health, Graduate School of Chungnam National University) ;
- Cho, Young-Chae (Department of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, Chungnam National University School of Medicine and Research Institute for Medical Sciences)
- Received : 2010.10.07
- Accepted : 2010.12.17
- Published : 2010.12.31
The purpose of this study was to investigate the association of blood pressures, hematological and biochemical properties of blood according to the degree of obesity in health checkup examinees. Study subjects were 3,731 adults of 20 years and over (2,312 males, 1,419 females), who underwent health package check-up at the Korea Health Management Association from Jan. 2007 to Dec. 2009. As a result, the rates according to the degree of obesity of study subjects were 4.6% in low weight group, 44.3% in normal weight group, 25.0% in over weight group and 26.1% in obesity group. The over weight group were significantly higher in 40's age group than other groups, and the obesity group were significantly higher in 50's age group than other groups. The abnormal rates of SBP, DBP, TG, TC, HDL-C, LDL-C, ALT, AST in male were significantly higher than that of female. With respect to degree of BMI, the abnormal rates of SBP, DBP, TG, TC, HDL-C, LDL-C, ALT, AST, GGT, ALP were significantly increased with higher level of BMI. The age-adjusted odds ratio in the abnormal level of SBP, DBP, TG, TC, HDL-C, LDL-C, AST, ALT and GGT were significantly increased in overweight group and obese group than that of normal weight group.
BMI;Blood Pressure;Biochemical Properties of Blood;Health Checkup
- WHO. Nutritional anemias. WHO Tech Rep Ser, No. 405, 1968.
- 보건복지부. 2007년 국민건강영양조사. 2008.
- 김남순, 문옥륜, 강재헌, 이상이, 정백근, 이신재, 윤태호, 황경화. 한국인의 비만도에 따른 비만관련 질환의 유병률 증가. 예방의학회지, 34(4):309-315, 2001.
- Sower JR. Obesity as a cardiovascular risk factor. Am J Med, 115(8A):37-42, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjmed.2003.08.012
- Dyer AR, Stamler J, Berkson DM, Lindberg HA. Relationships of relative weight and body mass index to 14 years mortality in the Chicago peoples gas company study. J Chron Dis, 28:109-123, 1975. https://doi.org/10.1016/0021-9681(75)90067-3
- Baumgartner RN, Roche AF, Chumlea WC. Fatness and far patterns: Associations with plasma lipids and blood pressures in adults, 18 to 57 years of age. Am J Epidemiol, 126(4):614-628, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1093/oxfordjournals.aje.a114701
- Hartz AJ, Rupley DC, Kalkohoff RD. Relationship of obesity to diabetes: influence of obesity level and body fat distribution. prev Med, 12:351-357, 1983. https://doi.org/10.1016/0091-7435(83)90244-X
- Curb JD, Marcus EB. Body fat, coronary heart disease, and stroke in Japanese men. Am J Clin Nutr, 53:1612S-1615S, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/53.6.1612S
- Chan JM, Rimm EB, Colditz GA. Obesity, fat distribution and weight gain as risk factors for clinical diabetes in men. Diabetes Care, 17:961-969, 1994. https://doi.org/10.2337/diacare.17.9.961
- Solomon CG, Manson JE. Obeity and mortality: review of the epidemiologic data. Am J Clin nutr, 66(4):1044S-1050S, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/66.4.1044S
- Yao C-H, Slattery MI, Jacobs DR. Anthropometric predictors of coronary heart disease and total mortality: findings from the US Railroad Study. Am J Epidemiol, 134:1278-1289, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1093/oxfordjournals.aje.a116031
- Conner SL. The effect of age, body weight and family relationships on plasma lipoproteins and lipids in man, woman and children of randomly selected families. Circulation, 65:1290-1298, 1982. https://doi.org/10.1161/01.CIR.65.7.1290
- Miller GJ, Miller NE. Plasma--high-density-lipoprotein concentration and development of ischemic heart disease. Lancet, 1:16-19, 1975.
- Gorden T. High density lipoprotein as a protective factor against coronary heart disease: The Framingham study. Am J Med, 62:707-714, 1977. https://doi.org/10.1016/0002-9343(77)90874-9
- Dirisamer A, Widhalm K. Lipoprotein as a potent risk indicator for early cardiovascular disease. Acta Pediatr, 91:1313-1317, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1651-2227.2002.tb02826.x
- Genest I. Lipoprotein disorders and cardiovascular risk. J Inherit Metab Dis, 26:267-287, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1024449603891
- Lee JS, Kawakubo K, Gunji A. The relationship between coronary risk factors and body weight -gender and age difference-. Jpn J Hyg, 52:462-469, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1265/jjh.52.462
- Ricci G, Masotti M, De Paoli Vitali, Vedovato M, Zanitti G. Effects of exercise on hematologic parameters, serum irons, serum ferritin, red cell 2-3-diphosphoglycerate and ceratine contents, and serum erythropoietin in long-distance runners during basal training. Acta Haematol, 80:95-98, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1159/000205611
- Friedewald WT, Levy RI, Fredrickson DS. Estimation of the concentration of low density lipoprotein cholesterol in plasma without use of the preparativ ultracentrifuge. Clin Chem, 18:499, 1972.
- NCEP. Reports of the national cholesterol educational progrom expert panel on detection, evalution of high blood cholesterol in adult.
- Expert Committee on the Diagnosis and Classification of Diabetes Mellitus. Follow-up report on the diagnosis of diabetes mellitus. Diabetes Care, 26(11):3160-3167, 2003. https://doi.org/10.2337/diacare.26.11.3160
- 국민건강보험공단. 건강검진관련 법령, 2008.
- 이영미, 최윤선, 홍명호, 김순덕. 비만의 유형과 심혈관계질환 위험인자와의 관련성. 가정의학회지,17(9):784-797, 1996.
- 조영채, 송인순. 산업장 근로자들의 연령과 건강습관에 따른 비만, 혈압 및 혈청 지질치의 특성. 대한보건협회지, 26(2):143-151, 2000.
- Sasaki M, Inagaki S, Fujii T, Toshinai K, Nakao C, Ueya E, Koseki S, Sato y, Haga S. Blood bioy, al properties in male workers analysed according to body type. Japan Society for Occupational Health, 39:178-183, 1997.
- Fukui A. Relationship between obesity, total plasma cholesterol and blood pressure in male adults. Japan Soc Occup Health, 119-124, 2000.
- Yamagishi K, Hosoda T, Sairenchi T, Mori K, Tomita H, Nishimura A, Tanigawa T, Iso H. Body mass index and subsequent risk of hypertension, diabetes and hypercholesterolemia in population-based sample of Japanese. Japan J Publ Health, 50(11): 1050-1057, 2003.
- WHO. Consultation on obesity. Geneva; World Health Organization 2000.
- Ishikawa-Takata K, Ohta T, Moritaki K, Obesity, weight change, and risk for hypertension, diabetes, and hypercholesterolemia in Japanese men. Eur J Clin Nutr, 56:601-607, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.ejcn.1601364
- The Relation of BMI, Smoking and Drinking with Biomedical Parameters in 20s and 30s Men vol.12, pp.10, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.10.4425