- Volume 11 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
The Effects of Social Network on Entrepreneurial Activities Which are mediated by Entrepreneurship
사회적 네트워크가 창업의도를 매개로 창업에 미치는 영향
- Chung, Dae-Yong (Department of Entrepreneurship, Graduate School of Soongsil University) ;
- Park, Kyung-Im (Department of Entrepreneurship, Graduate School of Soongsil University)
- Received : 2010.09.14
- Accepted : 2010.12.17
- Published : 2010.12.31
This study focuses on the creation new jobs since it is considered as the national purpose recently. As this phenomenon regarded, this study is purposed to explore the effects of social network on entrepreneurial intentions and new venture. To promote an empirical analysis, the sample survey based on 208 domestic nascent entrepreneurs are collected and multiple regression analysis and mediated regression analysis are used. The results of an empirical analysis are as follow. First, the finding shows that social network of the strong ties and the week ties positively affect on entrepreneurial intentions. The strong ties more influence on entrepreneurial intentions. On the other hand, the week ties which are based on substantial business knowledge, information, and technology more affect on entrepreneurship. Second, entrepreneurial intentions play a role in the partial mediation effect between the strong ties and entrepreneurship, and the perfect mediation effect is indicated by between the week ties and entrepreneurship. The results suggest that nascent entrepreneurs have a lack of capital during business start-up period. As this regard, they tend to achieve related entrepreneurship resources through the strong ties such as family, relatives, and friends. Moreover, it is suggested that the potential nascent entrepreneurs should be aware of necessity of technological and economical support so that it can establish various social network. Furthermore, it encourages entrepreneurial intentions, fosters entrepreneurship, and indicates the direction of entrepreneurship through practical suggestions. it is expected that moderating effect of gender on nascent entrepreneurs and non nascent entrepreneurs leads to useful results for the future.
Social Network;Entrepreneurship;Entrepreneurial Intentions
- 박지수, "창업정신요인과 직무만족 및 직장 안정이 창업의도에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구", 경기대학교 서비스경영전문대학원, 석사학위논문, 2004.
- 심재후․최명길, "1인 창조기업의 창업동기에 관한 사례연구", 한국산학기술학회지, 제11권, 3호, pp.1085-1094, 2010
- 양준환, "한.중 중소기업의 핵심역량 및 기업가적네트워킹 활동이 기업성과에 미치는 영향", 숭실대학교 대학원, 박사학위논문, 2008.
- 유연호, "창업의지의 영향요인에 관한 실증연구", 호서대학교 벤처전문대학원, 박사학위논문, 2008.
- 정대용․박경임, "여성 기업가의 자아효능감 및 비공식적네트워크가 벤처기업 성과에 미치는 영향", 한국상업교육학회지, 제24권, 1호, pp. 01-04, 2010.
- 노경훈, "벤처기업의 사회적 자본이 조직 기업가정신을 매개로 기업성과에 미치는 영향에 관한 탐색적 연구",숭실대학교 대학원, 박사학위논문, 2010.
- 전수진, "사회적 네트워크가 직무유용성 및 경력유용성에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구", 강남대학교대학원, 박사학위논문, 2005.
- Burt, R., Structural Holes: The Social Structure of Competition, Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 1992.
- Bird, B., "Implementing Entrepreneurial Ideas: The Case for Intention", Academy of Management Review, Vol.13, No.3, pp.442-453, 1988.
- Cox, L, S. Mueller and S. Moss., "The Impact of Entrepreneurship Education on Entrepreneurial Self-efficacy", International Journal of Entrepreneurship Education, Vol.1, No.2, pp. 229-245, 2002.
- Granovetter, M., "e Strength of Weak Ties" American Journal of Sociology, Vol.78, pp.1360-1380, 1973. https://doi.org/10.1086/225469
- Granovetter, M., "The Strength of Weak Ties: A Network Theory Revisited", In Social Structure and Network Analysis, P Marsden and N Lin(eds.), Beverly Hills, CA: Sag Publications, 1982.
- Jennifer, M. Sequeira. & Stephen, L. Mueller. & Jeffrey, E. McGee., "The Influence Of Social Ties and Self-efficacy Informing Entrepreneurial Intentions and Motivating Nascent Behavior", Journal of Developmental Entrepreneurship, Vol.12, No.3, pp.275-293, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1142/S108494670700068X
- Krueger, N and A Carsrud., "Entrepreneurial Intentions: Applying the Theory of Planned Behavior", Entrepreneurial and Regional Development, Vol.5, pp.315-330, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1080/08985629300000020
- Krueger, N and A Carsrud and D. Brazeal., "Entrepreneurial Potential and Potential Entrepreneurs", Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, Vol.18, No.3, pp.91-104, 1994.
- Krackhardt, D., "The Strength of Strong Ties: The Importance of Philos", in N. Nohria & Eccles(Eds), Networks and Organizations: Structure, form and Action, MA: Harvard University Press, pp.216-239, 1992.
- Nunnally, J. C., Psychometric Theory, New York: McGraw Hill, 1978.
- McMullan, W. & Long, W. A., "An Approach to Educating Entrepreneurs", The Canadian Journal of Small Business, Vol.1, No.2, pp.32-36, 1983. https://doi.org/10.1080/0820957X.1983.10600566
- Podolny, J. M, and Baron, J. N., "Resources and Relationships: Social Networks and Mobility in the Workplace", American Sociological Review, Vol.62, No.5, pp.673-693, 1997. https://doi.org/10.2307/2657354
- Reynolds, P., "Who Starts New Firms? Preliminary Explorations of Firms in Gestation", Small Business Economics, Vol.9, No.5, pp.449-463, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1007935726528
- Reynolds, P, N Carter, W Gartner and P Greene., "The Prevalence of Nascent Entrepreneurs in the United States: Evidence from the Panel Study of Entrepreneurial Dynamics. Small Business Economics, Vol.23, No.4, pp.263-284, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1023/B:SBEJ.0000032046.59790.45
- Ronstadt, R. C., Entrepreneurship, Dover, MA: Lord Publishing, 1984.
- Seibert, S. E, Kraimer, M. L. and Liden, R. C., "A Social Capital Theory of Careers Success", Academy of Management Journal, Vol.44. No.2, pp.219-237, 2001. https://doi.org/10.2307/3069452
- Shapero, Albert. & L. Sokol., "The Social Dimensions of Entrepreneurship Encylopedia of Entrepreneurship" Edited by Calvin A. Kent, Donald L. Sexton, and Karl H. Vesper, Englewood Cliffs, Prentice-Hall Inc. New Jersey, 1982.
- Zahra, S. A., "Governance, Ownership, and Corporate, Entrepreneurship: The Moderating Impact of Industry Technological Opportunities", Academy of Management Journal, Vol.39, pp.1713-1735, 1996. https://doi.org/10.2307/257076