- Volume 11 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Security Issue in T-MAC Communication Protocol
T-MAC 통신 프로토콜에서 보안 이슈
- Hong, Jin-Keun (Division of Information Communication, Baekseok University)
- 홍진근 (백석대학교 정보통신학부)
- Received : 2010.10.18
- Accepted : 2010.12.17
- Published : 2010.12.31
Time out-medium access control (T-MAC) protocol is one of the well-known MAC protocols designed for wireless sensor networks (WSN), and is proposed to enhance the poor performance of the S-MAC protocol. In this paper, we are reviewed about security vulnerability in T-MAC, and analyzed the power which is consumed at each stage of T-MAC protocol according to vulnerability of denial of service (DoS) and replay problem. From our analytical results, it can be considered the need of power efficient authentication scheme which provides the reliability, efficiency, and security for a general T-MAC communication. This is the case study of possible DoS vulnerability and its power consumption in T-MAC.
- W. Ye, J. Heidemann, and D. Estrin, "An Energy-Efficient MAC Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks," IEEE INFOCOM'02, pp.1567-1576, 2002.
- P. Lin, C. Qiao, and X. Wang, "Medium Access Control with A Dynamic Duty Cycle for Sensor Networks," IEEE WCNC'04, pp.1534-1539, 2004.
- J. deng, R. Han, and S. Mishra, "A Robust and Light-Weight Routing Mechanism for Wireless Sensor Netowkrs," DIWANS'04, 2004.
- W. Lee and H. S. Lee, "Analysis of a Global Synchronization Algorithm in Wireless Sensor Networks," IEEE MFI'08, pp.20-25, 2008.
- S. Sung, H. Kang, E. Kim, and K. Kim,, "Energy Consumption Analysis of S-MAC Protocol in Single-Hop Wireless Sensor Networks," IEEE, 2006.
- T. V. Dam and K. Langendoen, "An Adaptive Energy-Efficient MAC Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks," ACM SenSys'03, pp.171-180, 2003.
- H. Y. Lee and T. H. Cho, "Fuzzy Adaptive Selection of Filtering Schemes for Energy Saving in Sensor Networks," IEICE Trans. Commun., Vol.E90-B, No.12, pp.3346-3353, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1093/ietcom/e90-b.12.3346
- G. Xing et al., "Towards Unified Radio Power Management for Wireless Sensor Networks," Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, Vol.9, Issue 3, pp.31-323, 2008.
- H. Wang, "A Robust Mechanism for Wireless Sensor Network Security," IEEE WiCom'08, pp.1-4, 2008.
- X. Lu, M. Spear, K. Levitt, and S. F. Wu, "A Synchronization Attack and Defense in Energy-Efficient Listen-Sleep Slotted MAC Protocols," IARIA SECURWARE'08, pp.403-411, 2008.