- Volume 11 Issue 12
The ultrasonic metal welding is highly used in extensive field due to the possibility for welding of various materials such as new materials, plated structures and etc, and its welding conditions has been diversify. In this paper, one-wavelength tool horn of step type designed for ultrasonic metal welding of dissimilar metal sheets has performed by FEM analysis. FEM analysis is applied to predict the natural frequency of ultrasonic tool horn and use of in the optimal design of ultrasonic horn shape. And the optimal design of one-wavelength step horn is confirmed experimentally using natural frequency analysis system.
Ultrasonic Metal Welding;FEM analysis Ultrasonic tool horn;Optimal design;One-wavelength step horn;Natural frequency analysis system
- Jeong, H. S., "Fundamentals of Ultrasonic Welding," Journal of Korean Welding and Joining Society, Vol. 15, No. 6, pp. 24, 1997.
- Koo, J. M., Kim, J. W., Yoon, J. W., Noh, B. I., Lee, C. Y., Moon, J. H., Yoo, C. D. and Jung, S. B., "Ultrasonic Bonding Technology for Flip Chip Packaging,"Journal of the Korean Welding and Joining Society, Vol. 26, No. 1, pp. 24-30, 2008. https://doi.org/10.5781/KWJS.2008.26.1.031
- Lee, C. K., Hwang, B. J. and Heu, I. H., "Bonding of Electric Wire by Ultrasonic Welding,"Journal of the Korean Society of Machine Tool Engineers, Vol. 9, No. 4, pp. 41-42, 2000.
- Yoo, C. D., "Design of Ultrasonic Welding Horn," Journal of KWJS, Vol. 26, No. 1, pp. 9- 11, 2008. https://doi.org/10.5781/KWJS.2008.26.1.009
- Lee, B. G.., Kim, K. L. and Kim, K. E., "Design of Ultrasonic Vibration Tool Horn for Micromachining using FEM," Transactions of the Korean Society of Machine Tool Engineers, Vol. 17, No. 6, pp. 63-70, 2008.
- Seo, J. S. and Beck, S. Y., "A Optimization for Horn Design using Analysis system of Ultrasonic Vibration Frequency,"Journal of Korea Intellectual Patent Society, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 17-23, 2009.
- Lee, J. H., Kim, S. H., Cheon, C. G., Kim, S. U. and Kim, J. D., "Effects of Welding Parameters on Ultrasonic Bonding Strength of Solar Collector, "Proceedings of the KWS Conference, pp. 233-235, May 2006.
- Kim, H. W., Hwang, K. M., Yoo, B. S. and Jo, S. M., "Welding Quality Evaluation by Waveform analysis on Copper Ultrasonic Spot Welding, "Proceedings of the KWS Conference, pp. 297-299, November 2007.
- Seo, J. S. and Beck, S. Y., "A Study for Design of Ultrasonic Welding One-wave Horn and Metal Welding,"Journal of Korea Intellectual Patent Society, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 17-23, 2009.
- Park, Y. H. and Kang, J. Y., "Sinter Diffusion Bonding Technology for Assembly and Hybrid of Materials," Journal of the Korean Welding and Joining Society, Vol. 24, No. 5, pp. 7-8, 2006.
- Park, H. S., Kim, W. Y. and Kang, C. Y., "Welding and Bonding of Dissimilar Metal Steel/Nonferros Metal," Journal of the Korean Welding and Joining Society, Vol. 14, No. 6, pp. 1-7, 1996.
- Amin, S. G., Ahmed, M. H. M. and Youssef, H. A., "Computer-aided design of Acoustic Horns for Ultrasonic Machining using Finite-element analysis," Journal of Materials Processing Technology, 55, pp. 254-260, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1016/0924-0136(95)02015-2
- Jong-Sun Lee, "Design and Structural Analysis of Multi-Axis Drill M/C for PCB", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 6, No. 5, pp.412-417, October 2005.
- Sung Chan Jung and Kug Weon Kim, "A Study on Finite Element Analysis of Tool Deformation in End Milling", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp.83-86, February 2005.
- Lee, S. W., "A Study on the Conditioning for Improvement of Grinding Accuracy," Department of Mechanical and Precision Engineering, Ph.D, Pusan National University, pp. 30-24, 2001.