- Volume 11 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Performance Characteristics of Water-Chilling Heat Pump Using CO2 on Control of Inverter Frequency
인버터 주파수 제어에 따른 CO2용 수냉식 열펌프의 성능 특성
- Son, Chang-Hyo (Division of Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning, Pukyong National University)
- 손창효 (부경대학교 냉동공조공학과)
- Received : 2010.11.15
- Accepted : 2010.12.17
- Published : 2010.12.31
The performance characteristics of water-chilling heat pump using CO2 for the control of inverter frequency was investigated experimentally. An experimental apparatus is consisted of a compressor, a gas cooler, an expansion valve, an evaporator and a liquid receiver. All heat exchangers used in the test rig are counter flow type heat exchangers with concentric dual tubes, which are made of copper. The gas cooler and the evaporator consist of 6 and 4 straight sections respectively arranged in parallel, each has 2.4m length. The experimental results summarize as the following: for constant inlet temperature of evaporator and gas cooler, as mass flow rate, compression ratio and discharge pressure increases with the inverter frequency. And heating capacity and compressor work increases, but coefficient of performance(COP) decreases with the inverter frequency of compressor. As inlet temperature of secondary fluid in the evaporator increases from
Carbon dioxide;Design of heat pump;Inverter frequency;Performance characteristics;Transcritical cycle
- Neksa, P., Rekstad, H., Zakeri, G. R. and Schiefloe, P. A., "CO2 heat pump water heater: characteristics, system design and experimental results.", International Journal of refrigeration, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp.172-179, 1988.
- Hwang, Y., and Radermacher, R., "Theoretical evaluation of carbon dioxide refrigeration cycle", HAVC＆R Research, Vol. 4, No. 3, pp. 245∼263, 1998.
- Liao, S., Jakobsen, A., "Optimal heat rejection pressure in transcritical carbon dioxide air conditioning and heat pump system.", IIF-IIR-Sections B and E-Oslo, Norway, 1998. pp. 301-310, 1998.
- Brown, S. J., Yana-Motta, F. S., Domanski, A. P., "comparative analysis of an auto motive air conditioning systems operating with CO2 and R134a.", International Journal of refrigeration, 25(2002), pp. 19-32, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-7007(01)00011-1
- Halozan, H, and Rieberer, R., CO2 as refrigerant -possible applications, 4th IIR-Gustav Lorentzen Conference, pp. 43-50, 2000.
- Hafner, A., 2000, Experimental study on heat pump operation of prototype CO2 mobile air conditionins system, 4th IIR-Gustav Lorentzen Conference, pp. 177-184.
- Kim, M., Pettersen, J. and Bullard, C., "Fundamental process and system design issues in CO2 vapor compression systems", Progress in Energy and Combustion Science, Vol. 30, pp. 119-174, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pecs.2003.09.002
- McLinden, M. O., Klein, S. A., Lemmon, E. W., Peskin, A. P., "NIST Thermodynamic Properties and Refrigerant Mixtures Database (REFPROP)", Version 6.01, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, MD, U.S.A, 1998.
- Cho, H., Ryu, C. and Kim, Y., "Experimental study on the cooling performance of a CO2 cycle with internal heat exchanger", Proceeding of the SAREK "04 Winter Annual Conference, pp. 571-576, 2004.
- Rieberer, R., Neksa, P. and Schiefloe, P.A., CO2 heat pumps for space heating and tap water heating, 20th International Congress of Refrigeration, IIR/IIF, Sydney, 1999.
- Rieberer, R., Gassler, M. and Halozan, H., "Control of CO2 heat pumps", Proceedings of the 4th IIR-Gustav Lorentzen Conference on Natural Working Fluids at Purdue, 2000 July 25-28; West Lafayette, USA, pp. 75-82, 2000.
- McEnaney R. P., Boewe D. E., Yin JM, Park Y. C., Bullard C. W., Hrnjak P. S., "Experimental comparison of mobile A/C systems when operated with transcritical CO2 versus conventional R134a". In Proceedings of the Seventh International Refrigeration Conference at Purdue University, WestLafaytte, Indiana, pp. 145-150, 1998.