- Volume 11 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Development of Tapered Rolling Type Strip Pressure Key for the Prevention of Scratch
스크래치 방지를 위한 테이퍼 롤링형 판재 누름키의 개발
- Kim, Tae-Wan (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Pukong National University)
- 김태완 (부경대학교 기계공학과)
- Received : 2010.10.15
- Accepted : 2010.12.17
- Published : 2010.12.31
In this study, we developed new tapered rolling type strip pressure key for the prevention of scratch in sheet metal forming line. The developed pressure key is equipped with two tapered rollers inside a conventional block pressure key. Through the scratch test, for the case of transversal movement the tapered rolling type pressure key reduces both friction and depth of scratch by the effect of tapered shape which decreases the pressure spike on edge, and for longitudinal movement the scratch on the sheet metal surface is certainly removed by the rolling contact.
Pressure Key;Scratch;Tapered Roller
- R. G. Bayer, Mechanical Wear Prediction and Prevention, Marcel Dekker, New York, 1994.
- G. Subbash and W. Zang, Investigation of the overall friction coefficient in single-pass scratch test, Wear 252, pp. 123-134, 2002 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1648(01)00852-3
- H. Pelletier, C. Gauthier, R. Schirrer, "Influence of the friction coefficient on the contact geometry during scratch onto amorphous polymers," Wear, 268, pp. 1157-1169 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wear.2010.01.003
- K. Ludema, Friction, Lubrication and Wear Technology, ASM handbook 18, ASM International, Materials Parks, OH. 1992