- Volume 48 Issue 3
Ash Reduction and the Change of Fuel Properties for Spent Mushroom Substrates by Acid Solution Extraction
산(acid) 첨가 용매 추출에 의한 폐버섯배지 회분 감소 및 연료특성 변화
- Lee, Eun-Jee (Unibio Corporation) ;
- Oh, Doh-gun (Unibio Corporation) ;
- Kim, Sun-Mee (Unibio Corporation) ;
- Park, Eun-Suk (Unibio Corporation) ;
- We, Sung-Gook (Primeetech Inc)
- 이은지 ((주)유니바이오) ;
- 오도건 ((주)유니바이오) ;
- 김선미 ((주)유니바이오) ;
- 박은숙 ((주)유니바이오) ;
- 위성국 ((주)프라임에텍)
- Received : 2009.12.30
- Accepted : 2010.02.23
- Published : 2010.06.30
The ash reduction effects and fuel property changes of spent mushroom substrates by acid solution extraction, and the production possibilities of wood pellet fuel using them were studied. The ash weight of spent Pleurotus eryngii substrates was reduced from 8.81%(w/w) to 3.33%(w/w), and calorific value was increased from 3,958.3 kcal/kg to 4219.2 kcal/kg when extracted with a mixture of Acetic acid 2%(w/w) and Anhydrous citric acid 1%(w/w) in condition of liquid ratio 1:8, extraction temperature
Spent Mushroom Substrate;Wood Pellet;Acid Solution Extraction;Ash Reduction;Soild Fuel
Supported by : 농림수산식품부
- Lee, H. W. and Kim, J. J., "Demonstrations of Boilers and Manufacturing Process for Wood Pellet Fuel," Korea Ministry of Knowledge Economy, GOVP1200946963, 1-262(2008).
- Kim, Y. I., Bae, J. S., Jung, S. H., Ahn, M. H. and Kwak, W. S., "Yield and Physiochemical Characteristics of Spent Mushroom (Pleurotus eryngii, Pleurotus osteratus and Ammulina velutipes) Substrates According to Mushroom Species and Cultivation Types," Korean J. Soc. Sci. Technol., 49(1), 740(2007).
- Ehaliotis, C., Georgios, I. Z. and Karavitis, P., "Residues and byproducts of Olive-oil Mills for Root-zone Heating and Plant Nutrition in Organic Vegetable Production," Scientia horticulturae, 106, 293-308(2005). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scienta.2005.04.006
- Stark, L. R. and Williams, F. M., "The Roles of Spent Mushroom Substrate for the Mitigation of Coal Mine Drainage," Compost Science and Utilization, 2(4), 84-94(1994).
- Adamovic, M., Grubi, G., Milenkovic, I., Jovanovi, R., Proti, R., Sretenovi, L. and Stoievi, L., "The Biodegradation of Wheat Straw by Pleurotus Ostreatus Mushrooms and Its Use in Cattle Feeding," Animal Feed Science Technology, 71, 357-362(1998). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0377-8401(97)00150-8
- Ryu, C., Finney, K., Sharifi, V. N. and Swithenbank, J., "Pelletised Fuel Production from Coal Tailings and Spent Mushroom Compost - Part I," Fuel Process. Technol., 89(3), 269-275(2008). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fuproc.2007.11.035
- Chae, J. K. and Kim, Y. S., "Reutilization of Enokitake Cultural Waste as Cultivating Substrates for Production of Shiitake, Lentinus Edodes and Enokitake, Flammulina Velutipes," Korea Ministry of Food, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, 1-113(2000).
- Biomass Co-firing - An Efficient Ways to Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions, European Bioenergy 2003, September, Finland(2003).
- Kim, K. B., "Nutritional Drink of Containing Extracts Oyster Shells and Method and Manufacturing Thereof," KS Patent Application No. 10-1999-11773(1999).
- Steel, K. M. and Patrick, J. W., "The Production of Ultra Clean Coal By Chemical Demineralization," Fuel, 80, 2019-2023(2001). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0016-2361(01)00092-8
- Kim, M. K., Choi, D. H. and Choi, I. G., "Characteristics of Fermented Wood and Pig Manure," J. Kor. For. En., 24(2), 1-9(2005),
- Bae, J. S., "Basic Evaluation on Feed-Nutritional Value of Spent Mushroom substrate as Roughage Source for Ruminants," Kunkuk university(2005).
- Park, B. K., Lee, B. G. and Lee, G. Y., "Application of Lignin(I). Preparation of Active Carbon and It's Adsorptivity," J. Korean. Chem. Soc., 20(2), 153-157(1976).
- Jung, W. J., Lee, H. W., Yoo, I. S. and Kim, W. S., "The Extraction of Lignin and Production of Vanillin from Rice Straw," Korean J. Biotechnol. Bioeng., 5(1), 81-86(1990).
- Lee, L. S., Cha, H. W., Park, J. D., Jang, D. J. and Kim, S. H., "Physicochemical Properities of Mushroom(Flammulina velutipes) Cultivated with Green Tea," J. Korean. Soc. Food. Sci. Nutr., 37(2), 190-194(2008). https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2008.37.2.190
- Lee, S. H. and Kim, S. D., "Technology for the Preparation of Ash-free Coal from Low Rank Coal(LRC)," Korean Chem. Eng. Res, 46(3), 443-450(2008).
- Lee, S. H., Kim, S. D., Jeong, S. K., Rhim, Y. J., Kim, D. H. and Woo, K. J., "Ultrasonic Effect on the Extraction of Ash-free coal from Low Rank Coal," Korean Chem. Eng. Res, 46(3), 555-560(2008).