- Volume 48 Issue 3
Influence of Inductively Coupled Plasma on Surface Properties of Polycarbonate
유도 결합형 저온 플라즈마 처리에 따른 폴리카보네이트 표면 특성 변화
- Won, Dong Su (Department of Chemical Engineering, Kangwon National University) ;
- Lee, Won Gyu (Department of Chemical Engineering, Kangwon National University)
- 원동수 (강원대학교 화학공학과) ;
- 이원규 (강원대학교 화학공학과)
- Received : 2010.01.29
- Accepted : 2010.03.06
- Published : 2010.06.30
Inductively coupled low temperature plasmas with oxygen, argon, mixture of oxygen and argon, and nitrogen have been used to modify polycarbonate(PC) films at the various process conditions. All plasma treatments generally had a tendency to increase the surface roughness of PC regardless of process conditions. The treatment of oxygen plasma showed the highest value in the surface roughness and mostly enhanced the generation of oxygen containing polar groups as much as 43% in comparison of untreated PC. The contact angle of untreated PC decreased from
Polycarbonate;Inductively Coupled Plasma;Surface Modification;Contact angle;Surface Roughness
- Roth, J. R., Industrial Plasma Engineering, 1: Principles, Institute of Physics, London, (2001).
- Kim, J. T. and Lee, D. C., "A Study of the Surface Modification of Polyimide Film by Ion Implantation," J. KIEEME, 11(4), 293-297(1998).
- Han, S. H., Lee, Y. H., Kim, H. D. and Kim, G. H., "Polymer Surface Modification by Plasma Source Ion Implantation," Surf. Coat. Technol., 93(2), 261-264(1997). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0257-8972(97)00057-1
Kang, S. M., Yoon, S. G., Jung, W. S. and Yoon, D. H., "The Plasma Modification of Polycarbonate and Polyethersulphone Substrates for
$Ta_2O_5$Thin Film Deposition," J. Korea Ceram. Soc., 43(1), 38-41(2006). https://doi.org/10.4191/KCERS.2006.43.1.038
- Kim, Y. H. and Wool, R. P., "A Theory of Healing at a Polymer-Polymer Interface," Macromolecules, 16(7), 1115-1120(1983). https://doi.org/10.1021/ma00241a013
- Jia, W. and Chen, X., "Effect of Polymer Filler interaction on PTC Behaviors of LDPE/EPDM Blends Filled with Carbon Blacks," J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 66(10), 1885-1890(1997). https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1097-4628(19971205)66:10<1885::AID-APP5>3.0.CO;2-J
- Papirer, E. and Wu, D. Y., "Study of the Behavior and Conformation of Linear Hydrocarbon Chains Grafted on the Surface of Carbon Black," Carbon, 28(2-3), 393-399(1990). https://doi.org/10.1016/0008-6223(90)90013-O
- Park, S. J. and Kim, J. S., "Modifications Produced by Electrochemical Treatments on Carbon Blacks: Microstructures and Mechanical Interfacial Properties, " Carbon, 39(13), 2011-2016(2001). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0008-6223(01)00015-X
- Kang, E. T., Tan, K. L., Kato, K., Uyama, Y. and Ikada, Y., "Surface Modification and Functionalization of Polytetrafluoroethylene Films," Macromolecules, 29(21), 6872-6879(1996). https://doi.org/10.1021/ma960161g
- Nihlstrand, A., Hjertberg, T. and Johansson, K., "Plasma Treatment of Polyolefins: Influence of Material Composition: 1. Bulk and Surface Characterization", Polymer, 38(14), 3581-3589(1997). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0032-3861(96)00930-5
- Chen, J. R. and Wakida, T., "Studies on the Surface Free Energy and Surface Structure of PTFE Film Treated with Low Temperature Plasma," J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 63(13), 1733-1739(1997). https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1097-4628(19970328)63:13<1733::AID-APP4>3.0.CO;2-H
- Good, R. J., "Contact Angle, Wetting, and Adhesion : A Critical Review," J. Adhesion Sci. Technol., 6(12), 1269-1302(1992). https://doi.org/10.1163/156856192X00629
- Roth, J. R., Industrial Plasma Engineering, 2: Applications to Nonthermal Plasma Processing, Institute of Physics, London, (2001).
- Khler, M., Etching in Microsystem Technology, Wiley-VCH, Weinheim(1999).
- Yasuda, H., "Plasma Polymerization," Academic Press, Orlando, FL(1985).
- Lee, J. S., Sin, H. S., Seok, J. W., Jang, G. W. and Beag, Y. H. "Surface Modification of Polystyrene (PS) by Atmospheric Pressure Plasma," J. Korea Vac. Soc., 18(1), 1-8(2009). https://doi.org/10.5757/JKVS.2009.18.1.001
- Bae, K. S., Eom, J. S., Lee, I. S., Kim, S. H., Ko, Y. B. and Kim, D. W., "Adhesion of Cu on Polycarbonate with the Condition of Surface Modification and DC-Bias Sputtering Deposition," J. Korea. Inst. Surf. Eng., 37(1), 5-12(2004).