- Volume 48 Issue 3
A Kinetic Study on the Synthesis of Dimethylcarbonate by Using Immobilized Ionic Liquid Catalyst
고정화된 이온성 액체 촉매를 이용한 디메틸카보네이트 합성 반응에 대한 속도론적 고찰
- Kim, Dong-Woo (Department of Chemical Engineering, Pusan National University) ;
- Kim, Dong-Kyu (Department of Chemical Engineering, Pusan National University) ;
- Kim, Cheol-Woong (Korea Research Institute of chemical Technology) ;
- Koh, Jae-Cheon (Korea Research Institute of chemical Technology) ;
- Park, DaeWon (Department of Chemical Engineering, Pusan National University)
- 김동우 (부산대학교 화학공학과) ;
- 김동규 (부산대학교 화학공학과) ;
- 김철웅 (한국화학연구원) ;
- 고재천 (한국화학연구원) ;
- 박대원 (부산대학교 화학공학과)
- Received : 2010.02.18
- Accepted : 2010.03.15
- Published : 2010.06.30
Ionic liquid immobilized on mesoporous amorphous silica was prepared from the coupling of 1-(triethoxysilylpropyl)-3-n-alkyl-imidzolium halides with tetraethyl orthosilicate(TEOS) through template-free condensation under strong acidic conditions. The immobilized 1-n-butyl-3-methyl imidazolium bromide ionic liquid on amorphous silica(BMImBr-AS) was proved to be an effective heterogeneous catalyst for the synthesis of dimethyl carbonate(DMC) from transesterification of ethylene carbonate(EC) with methanol. High temperature, high carbon dioxide pressure and long reaction time were favorable for the reactivity of BMImBr-AS. Kinetic studies based on two step reactions revealed that the proposed reaction model fitted well the experimental data. The apparent activation energy was estimated to be 67.4 kJ/mol.
Ionic Liquid;Immobilization;Kinetic Study;Dimethyl Carbonate
Supported by : 환경부, 국가연구재단
- Romano, U., "Dimethyl Carbonate and Its Production Technology," Chim. Ind., 75, 303-306(1993).
- Uchiumi, S., Ataka, K. and Matsuzaki, T., "Oxidative Reactions by a Palladium-alkyl Nitrite System," J. Organomet. Chem., 576, 279-289(1999). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-328X(98)01064-X
- Cui, H., Wang, T., Gu, C., Wang, P. and Dai, Y., "One-Pot Synthesis of Dimethyl Carbonate Using Ehtylene Oxide, Methanol, and Carbon Dioxide Under Supercritical Conditions," Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 42, 3865-3870(2003). https://doi.org/10.1021/ie021014b
- Bhanage, B. M., Fujita, S. I., Ikushima, Y., Torii, K. and Arai, M., "Synthesis of Dimethyl Carbonate and Glycols from Carbon Dioxide, Epoxides and Methanol Using Heterogeneous Mg Containing Smectite Catalysts: Efect of Reaction Variables on Activity and Selectivity Performance," Green Chem., 5, 71-75(2003). https://doi.org/10.1039/b207750g
- Romano, U. and Melis, U., "Process for the Preparation of Dialkylcarbonates," US Patent, 4062884(1977).
- Ahn, B. S., Lee, B. G., Kim, H. S. and Han, M. S., "Kinetics of Dimethyl Carbonate Synthesis from Ethylene Carbonate and Methanol Using Alkalimetal Compounds as Catalyst," React. Kinet. Catal. Lett., 73, 33(2001). https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1013904317108
- Kondoh, T., Okada, Y., Tanaka, F., Asaoka, S. and Yamanoto, S., "Method of Producing Dialkylcarbonate," US Patent, 5436362(1995).
- Tatsumi, T., Watanabe, Y. and Koyano, K. A., "Synthesis of Dimethyl Carbonate from Ethylene Carbonate and Methanol using TS-1 as Solid Base Catalyst," Chem. Commun., 2281(1996).
- Urano, Y., Kirishiki, M., Onda, Y. and Tsuneki, H., "Process for Preparing Dialkyl Carbonates," US Patent, 5430170(1995).
- Watanabe, Y. and Tatsumi, T., "Hydrotalcite-type Materials as Catalysts for the Synthesis of Dimethyl Carbonate from Ethylene Carbonate and Methanol," Micropor. Mesopor. Mater., 22, 399(1998). https://doi.org/10.1016/S1387-1811(98)00099-7
- Sheldon, R., "Catalytic Reactions in Ionic Liquids," Chem. Commun., 2399-2407(2001).
- Zhao, D. B., Wu, M., Kou, Y. and Min, E. Z., "Ionic Liquids: Applications in Catalysis," Catal. Today, 74, 157-189(2002). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0920-5861(01)00541-7
- Wasserscheid, P. and Keim, W., "Ionic Liquids-New "Solutions" for Transition Metal Catalysis," Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 39(21), 3772-3789(2000). https://doi.org/10.1002/1521-3773(20001103)39:21<3772::AID-ANIE3772>3.0.CO;2-5
- Jairton, D., Roberto, F. D. S. and Paulo, A. Z. S., "Ionic Liquid (molten salt) Phase Organometallic Catalysis," Chem. Rev., 102(10), 3667-3692(2002). https://doi.org/10.1021/cr010338r
- Marsh, K. N., Deev, A., Wu, A. C. T., Tran, E. and Klamt, A., "Room Temperature Ionic Liquids as Replacements for Conventional Solvents - a Review," Korean J. Chem. Eng., 19(3), 357-362(2002). https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02697140
- Song, C. E., Shim, W. H., Roh, E. J. and Choi, J. H., "Scandium(III) Triflate Immobilised in Ionic Liquids: a Novel and Recyclable Catalytic System for Friedel-Crafts Alkylation of Aromatic Compounds with Alkenes," Chem. Commun., 1695-1696(2000).
- Mun, N. Y., Kim, K. H., Park, D. W., Choe, Y. and Kim, I., "Copolymerization of Phenyl Glycidyl Ether with Carbon Dioxide Catalyzed by Ionic Liquids," Korean J. Chem. Eng., 22, 556-559(2005). https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02706642
- Lee, E. H., Cha, S. W., Manju, M. D., Choe, Y., Ahn, J. Y. and Park, D. W., "Cycloaddition of Carbon Dioxide to Epichlorohydrin Using Ionic Liquid as a Catalyst," Korean J. Chem. Eng., 24(3), 547-550(2007). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11814-007-0097-4
Manju, M. D., Ahn, J. Y., Lee, M. K., Shim, H. L., Kim, K. H., Kim, I. and Park, D. W., "Moderate Route for the Utilization of
$CO_2$-Microwave Induced Copolymerization with Cyclohexene Oxide using Highly Efficient Double Metal Cyanide Complex Catalysts Based on $Zn_3[Co(CN)_6]$," Green Chem., 10(6), 678-684(2008). https://doi.org/10.1039/b801132j
- Udayakumar, S., Raman, V., Shim, H. L. and Park, D. W., "Cycloaddition of Carbon Dioxide for Commercially Imperative Cyclic Carbonates Using Ionic Liquid Functionalized Porous Amorphous Silica," Appl. Catal. A. Gen., 368, 97-104(2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apcata.2009.08.015
- Yoshitake, H., Koiso, E., Horie, H. and Yoshimura, H., "Polyamine-Functionalized Mesoporous Silicas: Preparation, Structural Analysis and Oxyanion Adsorption," Micropor. Mesopor. Mater., 85, 183(2005). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.micromeso.2005.06.009
- Fang, Y. J. and Xiao, W. D., "Experimental and Modaling Studies on a Homogeneous Reactive Distillation System for Dimethyl Carbonate Synthesis by Transesterification," Sepn. Puri. Tech., 34, 255(2004). https://doi.org/10.1016/S1383-5866(03)00198-9
- Feng, X. J., Li, X. G., He, R. and Zhou, H., "A New Process for Synthesis of Dimethyl Carbonate from Ethylene Carbonate and Methanol Without any Catalyst Under Supercritical Conditions," Chinese Chem. Lett., 16, 767(2005).