- Volume 20 Issue 3
Effects of Pulsed Electromagnetic Therapy with Acupuncture Therapy for Sacroiliac Joint Syndrome
천장관절 증후군에 박동성 전기자장 치료와 병행한 침치료의 효과 연구
- Hwang, Hyung-Joo (Dept. of Oriental Rehabilitation Medicine, College of Oriental Medicine, Dong-Guk University) ;
- Park, Young-Hoi (Dept. of Oriental Rehabilitation Medicine, College of Oriental Medicine, Dong-Guk University) ;
- Keum, Dong-Ho (Dept. of Oriental Rehabilitation Medicine, College of Oriental Medicine, Dong-Guk University)
- 황형주 (동국대학교 한의과대학 한방재활의학과교실) ;
- 박영회 (동국대학교 한의과대학 한방재활의학과교실) ;
- 금동호 (동국대학교 한의과대학 한방재활의학과교실)
- Received : 2010.06.10
- Accepted : 2010.07.12
- Published : 2010.07.30
Objectives : Although the controversy surrounding the biomechanics of the sacroiliac joint remains unresolved at this time, the clinical importance of this joint in the cause of back pain has been established since 1930's. Recently, there has been renewed interest in the sacroiliac joint. This study was performed to evaluate the effects of pulsed electromagnetic therapy(PEMT) with acupuncture therapy for patients, who were suffering from sacroiliac joint syndrome, and to conduct more researches in the usage of acupuncture therapy for treating sacroiliac joint syndrome. Methods : 25 patients, who were diagnosed as sacroiliac joint syndrome were selected. They were treated twice a week during 3 weeks. They were measured after all the treatment and firs week and fourth week after termination of treatment by using visual analogue scale(VAS) and Roland Morris disability index(RMDI). The VAS and RMDI patterns were analyzed by using 'pared T-test' and 'Kruskal-Wallis' test. Results : 1. Each times of PEMT with acupuncture therapy, there were statistical significance in improvement of VAS(p<0.05) and each times of therapy except 1st one, there were statistical significance in improvement of RMDI(p<0.05). 2. After 4th therapy, there were most significant improvement of VAS with RMDI(p<0.001), when we compared the change in VAS and RMDI before and after the each therapy. 3. There was no statistical significance in VAS and RMDI by onset, sex and age. Conclusions : The results indicate that pulsed electromagnetic therapy and acupuncture therapy had good effect on sacroiliac joint syndrome.
Sacroiliac joint syndrome;Acupuncture therapy;Pulsed electromagnetic therapy;Visual analog scale;Roland Morris disability index
- 강형철. 천장관절 증후군. Keimyung Med J. 1999;18(3):462-3.
- Wolf Schamberger. 부정렬증후군. 서울:군자출판사. 2006:5-12.
- 김경훈. 척추관절통증증후군. Korean J Pain. 2008;21(1):1-10. https://doi.org/10.3344/kjp.2008.21.1.1
- Hyo-Joon Kim, Dong-Gyu Shin, Hyoung-Ihl Kim, Dong-A Shin. Selective neurotomy of sacral lateral branches for pain of sacroiliac joint dysfunction. J Korean Neurosurg Soc. 2005;38:338-43.
- Vogler JB III, Brown WH, Helms CA, Genant HK. The normal sacroiliac joint: a CT study of asymptomatic patients. Radiology. 1984;151:433-7.
- Hanly JG, Mitchell MJ, Barnes DC, MacMillan L. Early recognition of sacroiliitis by magnetic resonance imaging and single photon emission computed tomography. Erratum appears in J Rhematol. 1997;18:529-33.
- Stasia Bochnowski Muhlner. Review article: radiofrequency neurotomy for the treatment of sacroiliac joint syndrome. Curr Rev Musculoskelet Med. 2009;2:10-4. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12178-008-9038-z
- Fortin JD, et al. Sacroiliac joint innervation and neural structures. Am J Orthop. 1999;28:687-90.
- Robert Maigne. 척추 통증의 진단과 치료. 서울:군자출판사. 2001:590.
- Trock DH, Bollet Aj, Markoll R. The effect of pulsed electromagnetic fields in the treatment of osteoarthritis of the knee and cervical spine: report of randomised, double-blind, placebo controlled trials. J Rheumatol. 1994;21:1903-11.
- Track DH, Bollet AJ, Dyer RH Jr, Fielding LP, Miner WK, Markoll R. A double-blind trial of the clinical effects of pulsed electromagnetic fields in osteoarthritis. J Rheumatol. 1993;20:456-60.
- Pipitone N, Scott DL. Magnetic pulse treatment for knee osteoarthritis: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Curr Med Res Opin. 2001;17:190-6. https://doi.org/10.1185/03007990152673828
- Lee EW, Maffulli N, Li CK, Chan KM. Pulsed magnetic and electromagnetic fields in experimental achilles tendinitis in the rat: a prospective randomised study. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1997;78:399-404. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0003-9993(97)90232-X
- Binder A, Parr G, Hazleman B, Fitton-Jackson S. Pulsed electromagnetic field therapy of persistent rotator cuff tendinitis: a double-blind controlled assessment. Lancet. 1984;8379:695-8.
- Shartard WJ. A double-blind trial of pulsed electromagnetic fields for delayed union of trial fractures. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 1990;72:347-55.
- Foley-Nolan D, Moore K, Codd M, Barry C, O'Connor P, Coughlan RJ. Low energy high frequency pulsed electromagnetic therapy for acute whiplash injuries: a double-blind randomised controlled study. Scand J Rehabil Med. 1992;24:51-9.
- Varcaccio-Garofalo G, Carriero C, Loizzo MR, Amoruso S, Loizzi P. Analgesic properties of electromagnetic field therapy in patients with chronic pelvic pain. Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol. 1995;22:145-71.
- Sndyk R. The influence of the pineal gland on migraine and cluster headaches and effects of treatment with pico Tesla magnetic fields. Int J Neurosci. 1992;67:145-71. https://doi.org/10.3109/00207459208994782
- Pleher B, Janssen F, Schwenkreis P, Volker B, Maier C, Tegenhoff M. Repective transcranial magnetic stimulation of the motor cortex attenuates pain perciption in complex regional pain syndrome type I. Neurosci Lett. 2004;356:87-90. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neulet.2003.11.037
- Sandyk R. Treatment with electromagnetic fields reverses the long-term clinical course of a patient with chronic progressive multiple sclerosis. Int F Neurosci. 1997;90:177-85. https://doi.org/10.3109/00207459709000637
- Curtis W. Slipman, Williams S. Whyte II, David W. Chow, Larry Chou, Dave Lenrow, Mark Ellen. Sacroiliac Joint Syndrome. Pain Physician. 2001;4(2):143-52.
- 이상언, 김기택, 김강일, 전영수. 천장관절 부위의 화농성 감염. 대한정형외과학회지. 1998;33(7):1657-64.
- 김명호, 임웅생, 김영민, 한문식. 천장관절 부위에 발생한 병변. 대한정형외과학회지. 1977;12(3):409-15.
- 김현석, 홍서영, 오민석. 천장관절증후군에 대한 화침치료 1례 보고. 대전대학교 한의학연구소 논문집. 2007;16(1):133-8.
- 박영회, 정석희, 김성수, 신현대, 이종수. 척추관협착증 환자의 평가방법에 대한 고찰. 한방재활의학과학회지, 1999;9(2):72.
- 왕효명, 김원정행, 중택관원. 경헐 MAP. 서울:군자출판사. 2005:57, 125.
- Frank H. Netter. Atlas of Human anatomy. 서울:정담출판사. 1999:149.
- 이평복, 김용철, 이상철. 만성 요통 환자에서 박동성 전자기장 치료의 효과: 무작위, 이중맹검, 위약대조법을 이용한 연구. 대한통증학회지. 2005;18(1):43-7.
- Cohen SP. Sacroiliac joint pain: a comprehensive review of anatomy, diagnosis, and treatment. Anesth Analg. 2005;101:1440-53. https://doi.org/10.1213/01.ANE.0000180831.60169.EA
- 김상수 외. 정형물리치료진단학. 서울:현문사. 1008:504.
- Bellamy N. What do you know about sacroiliac joint. Arthritis Rheum. AJR. 1983:282-309.
- Weisl H. The movement of the sacroiliac joint. Acta Anat. 1955;23:80-91. https://doi.org/10.1159/000140984
- 이양균. Low back pain 증후군. 가정의학회지. 1998;19(5):222-34.
- Dontigny RL. Anterior dysfunction of the sacroiliac joint as a major factor in the etiology of idiopathic low back pain syndrome. Phys Ther. 1990;70:620-8.
- Vallbona C, Richards T. Evolution of magnetic therapy from alternative to traditional medicine. Phys Med Rehabil Clin N Am. 1999;10:729-54.
- Trock DH. Electromagnetic fields and magners: investigational treatment for traditional medicine. Phys Med Rehabil Dis Clin North Am. 2000;26:51-62. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0889-857X(05)70119-8
- Lednev VV. Possible mechanism for the influence of weak magnetic fields on biological systems. Bioelectromagnetics. 1991;12:71-5. https://doi.org/10.1002/bem.2250120202
- Pilla AA, Muehsam DJ, Markov MS. Adynamical systems; larmor preccission model for weak magnetic field bioeffects: ion binding and orientation of bound water molecules. Bioelectrochem Bioenerg. 1997;43:239-49. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0302-4598(96)05161-6
- Ludwig Ombregt, Pierre Bisschop, Herman J, ter Veer. A system of orthopaedic medicine. 서울:한미출판사. 2008:961-2.
- C chan Gunn. Gunn의 접근법에 의한 만성통증의 치료. 서울:군자출판사. 1998:6-30.
- 안순선, 장효길, 허동석. 전열침이 급성 족관절염좌로 인한 전거비 인대 손상에 미치는 임상적 효과. 한방재활의학과학회지. 2009;19(4):127-34.
- 서경북, 김돈규. 프롤로테라피를 이용한 인대와 건의 이완에 대한 치료. 서울:신흥메드싸이언스. 2004:1-12, 267-75.
- Bassett CA. Fundamental and practical aspects of therapeutic uses of pulsed electromagnetic fields(PEMFs). Crit Rev Biomed Eng. 1989;17:451-529.
- Dong-Whee Jun, Young-Jin Lee. Jun's Mpuncture and pain model. 서울:이퍼블릭. 2009:132-3.