- Volume 6 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A technology of realistic multi-media display and odor recognition using olfactory sensors
후각 센서를 이용한 냄새 인식 및 실감형 멀티미디어 표현 기술
- Lee, Hyeon Gu ;
- Rho, Yong Wan
- 이현구 (서일대학 정보통신과) ;
- 노용완 (서일대학 정보통신과)
- Received : 2010.11.03
- Accepted : 2010.11.18
- Published : 2010.12.30
In this paper, we propose a floral scent recognition using odor sensors and a odor display using odor distribution system. Proposed odor recognition has method of correlation coefficient between sensors that select optimal sensors in floral scent recognition system of selective multi-sensors. Proposed floral scent recognition system consists of four module such as floral scent acquisition module, optimal sensor decision module, entropy-based floral scent detection module, and floral scent recognition module. Odor distribution system consists of generation module of distribution information, control module of distribution, output module of distribution. We applied to floral scent recognition for performance evaluation of proposed sensors decision method. As a result, application of proposed method with floral scent recognition obtained recognition rate of 95.67% case of using 16 sensors while applied floral scent recognition system of proposed sensor decision method confirmed recognition rate of 96% using only 8 sensors. Also, we applied to odor display of proposed method and obtained 3.18 thorough MOS experimentation.
Supported by : 서일대학
- Javier Gaayo, "Software Analysis Techniques for Odor Analysis and Classification Using the Electronic Nose," Master Thesis, North Carolina State University, 2004.
- Q. Zhang, "Identification and pattern recognition analysis of Chinese liquors by doped nano ZnO gas sensor array," Sens. Actuators B110, 2005, pp. 370-376.
- Lozano J., "Identification of Typical Wine Aromas by Means of an Electronic Nose," IEEE Sensors Journal, Vol. 6, No. 1, 2006, pp. 173-177. https://doi.org/10.1109/JSEN.2005.854598
- Chanem M. G., Hassard J., Osmond M., and Richards M. "Sensor Grids for Air Pollution Monitoring," UK e-Science All Hands Meeting, Nottingham, UK, 2004, pp. 1-8.
- Charumporn B., "Compact Electronic Nose System Using Metal Oxide Gas Sensors for Fire Detection Systems," International Joint Conference on Neural Network, 2006, pp. 2214-2217.
- Charumporn B., "Detecting Household Burning Smell Using a Neuro-Electronic Nose System," IEEJ Trans. EIS, Vol. 124, No. 2, 2004, pp. 520-525. https://doi.org/10.1541/ieejeiss.124.520
- T Yamada, S Yokoyama, T Tanikawa, K Hirota, M, "Wearable Olfactory Display Using Odor in Outdoor Environment," Proceedings of the IEEE Virtual Reality Conference (VR 2006), 2006.
- 송민종, "후각센서 기술과 응용 현황," 전기전자재료, 제20권, 제11호, 2007, pp. 3-12.
- A. M. Martinez and A. C. Kak, "PCA versus LDA," IEEE Trans. Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol. 23, No. 2, 2001.
- Simon M. Scott, "Data analysis for electronic nose systems," Microchim Acta 156, 2007, pp. 183-207.
- Gregory Shakhnarovich, "Nearest-Neighbor Methods in Learning and Vision: Theory and Practice," The MIT Press, 2005.
- 김정주, "후각 정보 표현 참조 모델과 응용에 관한 연구," 호서대 첨단정보기술대학원 석사학위논문, 2008.
- 이현구, 김동규, "HCI를 위한 오감정보처리에 관한 연구," 디지털산업정보학회논문지, 제5권, 제2호, 2009, pp. 77-86.
- K. Arshak, et. al. "A review of gas sensors employed in electronic nose applications," Sensor Review, Vol. 24, No. 2, 2004, pp. 181-198. https://doi.org/10.1108/02602280410525977
- 김정도, "후각인터페이스와 후각 디스플레이 기술," 전자공학회지, 제34권, 제6호, 2007, pp. 59-70
- 이현구, 노용완, "유비쿼터스를 위한 후각 인식 컨텐츠 구현," 디지털산업정보학회논문지, 제4권, 제3호, 2008, pp. 85-90.