- Volume 46 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
상하가 원형 파이프로 구성된 부침식 가두리의 동적 거동 해석
Dynamic behavior of a submersible fish cage rigged with a circular floating and a sinking collar
- Lee, Chun-Woo (Division of Marine Production System Management, Pukyong National University) ;
- Lee, Ji-Hoon (Institute of Low-Carbon Marine Production Technology, Pukyong National University) ;
- Choe, Moo-Youl (Department of Fisheries Physics, Pukyong National University) ;
- Lee, Gun-Ho (Fisheries Engineering Division, National Fisheries Research and Development Institute)
- 발행 : 2010.02.28
In this research, the submersible fish cage was designed to avoid structural and biological damage during harsh sea conditions. The submersible cage system consists of netting, mooring ropes, a floating collar, floats, sinkers and anchors. Whole elements of the cage were modeled on the mass-spring model. The computer simulations were carried out to investigate the dynamic behavior of the cage and to calculate mooring line tension subjected to tidal currents and waves. As expected, the tension values in the mooring line of the submerged position are 36% less compared to that of the surface cage under the same loading conditions. As the wave was used in combination with the current velocity of 1m/s, the average tensile load for the submerged cage showed 85% of the value for the floating cage. The simulation results provide an improved understanding of the behaviors of the structure and valuable information on the optimized design of the cage system exposed to open ocean environmental factors.
- DeCew, J., D.W. Fredriksson, L. Bugrov, M.R. Swift, O. Eroshkin and B. Celikkol, 2005. A case study of a modified gravity type cage and mooring systemusing numerical and physical models. IEEE Jouranl of Oceanic Engineering, 30 (1), 47-58. https://doi.org/10.1109/JOE.2004.841400
- Fredriksson, D.W., M.R. Swift, J.D. Irish, I. Tsukrov and B. Celikkol, 2003. Fish cage and mooring system dynamics using physical and numerical models withfield measurements. Aquacultural Engineering, 27, 117-146. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0144-8609(02)00043-2
- Fredriksson, D.W., J.C. DeCew and I. Tsukrov, 2007. Development of structural modeling techniques for evaluating HDPE plastic net pens used in marine aquaculture. Ocean Engineering, 34, 2124-2137. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oceaneng.2007.04.007
- Huang, C.C., H.J. Tang and J.Y. Liu, 2006. Dynamical analysis of net cage structures for marine aquaculture: Numerical simulation and model testing. Aquacultural Engineering, 35, 258-270. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aquaeng.2006.03.003
- Huang, C.C., H.J. Tang and J.Y. Liu, 2007. Modeling volume deformation in gravity-type cages with distributed bottom weights or a rigid tube sinker. Aquacultural Engineering, 37, 144-157. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aquaeng.2007.04.003
- Huang, C.C., H.J. Tang and J.Y. Liu, 2008. Effects of waves and currents on gravity type cages in the open sea. Aquacultural Engineering, 38, 105-116 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aquaeng.2008.01.003
- Kim, H.Y., C.W. Lee, J.K. Shin, H.S. Kim, B.J. Cha and G.H. Lee, 2007. Dynamic simulation of the behavior of purse seine gear and sea-trial verification. Fisheries Research, 88, 109-119. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fishres.2007.08.007
- Kim, T.H., C.R. Ryu and D.A. Kim, 2002. Analaysis on deformation and stiffness of frame structure for fishery using finite element methods. Bull. Korean Soc. Fish. Tech., 38 (4), 307-316. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2002.38.4.307
- Kim, T.H. and K.U. Yang, 2007. Numerical analysis on the submerging characteristics of submersible fish cage system operated by compressed air. J. Kor. Soc. Fish. Tech., 43 (1), 38-48. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2007.43.1.038
- Kim, T.H., 2009. Design of fish cage structures. Chonnam Univ. Press, Korea, pp. 40-183.
- Lader, P.F. and A. Fredheim, 2006. Dynamic properties of a flexible net sheet in waves and current-a numerical approach. Aquacultural Engineering, 35, 228-238. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aquaeng.2006.02.002
- Lee, C.W. and B.J. Cha, 2002. Dynamic simulation of a midwater trawl system s behavior. Fisheries Science 68, 1865-1868.
- Lee, C.W., J.H. Lee, B.J. Cha, H.Y. Kim and J.H. Lee, 2005. Physical modeling for underwater flexible systems dynamic simulation. Ocean Engineering,32, 331-347. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oceaneng.2004.08.007
- Lee, C.W., Y.B. Kim, G.H. Lee, M.Y. Choe, M.K. Lee and K.Y. Koo, 2008. Dynamic simulation of a fish cage system subjected to currents and waves. Ocean Engineering, 35, 1521-1532. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oceaneng.2008.06.009
- Li, Y.C., Y.P. Zhao, F.K. Gui and B. Teng, 2006. Numerical simulation of the hydrodynamic behaviour of submerged plane nets in current. Ocean Engineering, 33, 2352-2368. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oceaneng.2005.11.013
- Thomassen, P., 2008. Methods for dynamic response analysis and fatigue life estimation of floating fish cages. Ph. D thesis. Institute of Marine Technology NTNU, Trondheim, Norway. pp. 218.
- Tsukrov, I., O. Eroshkin, D.W. Fredriksson, M.R. Swift and B. Celikkol, 2003. Finite element modeling of net panels using a consistent net element. OceanEngineering, 30, 251-270. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0029-8018(02)00021-5
- Tsukrov, I., O. Eroshkin, W. Paul and B. Celikkol, 2005. Numerical modeling of nonlinear elastic components of mooring system. IEEE Journal of Oceanic Eng., 30(1), 37-46. https://doi.org/10.1109/JOE.2004.841396
- Zhao, Y.P., Y.C. Li, G.H. Dong, F.K. Gui and B. Teng, 2007. Numerical simulation of the effects of structure size ratio and mesh type on threedimensional deformation of the fishing-net gravity cage in current. Aquacultural Engineering, 36, 285-301. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aquaeng.2007.01.003
- Analysis on underwater stability of the octagonal pillar type fish cage and mooring system vol.50, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2014.50.2.193