- Volume 46 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Catches comparison according to the codend mesh size of stow net on anchor in the West Sea of Korea
서해안 안강망의 끝자루 망목크기에 따른 어획 비교
- Cho, Sam-Kwang (Fisheries Engineering Division, National Fisheries Research & Development Institute) ;
- Park, Chang-Doo (Fisheries Engineering Division, National Fisheries Research & Development Institute) ;
- Kim, Hyun-Young (Fisheries Resources and Environment Division, West Sea Fisheries Research Institute, NFRDI) ;
- Kim, In-Ok (Fisheries Resources and Environment Division, West Sea Fisheries Research Institute, NFRDI) ;
- Cha, Bong-Jin (Fisheries Resources and Environment Division, West Sea Fisheries Research Institute, NFRDI)
- 조삼광 (국립수산과학원 수산공학과) ;
- 박창두 (국립수산과학원 수산공학과) ;
- 김현영 (국립수산과학원 서해수산연구소 자원환경과) ;
- 김인옥 (국립수산과학원 서해수산연구소 자원환경과) ;
- 차봉진 (국립수산과학원 서해수산연구소 자원환경과)
- Published : 2010.02.28
Experimental fishing was carried out to compare fishing status according to the codend mesh size (raschel, 15mm, 25mm, 35mm, 45mm) of stow net on anchor in the coastal waters of Seocheon after manufacturing five kinds of fishing gears and commercial fishing boat (7.93 tons) was used for it. Total catches of raschel, 15mm, 25mm, 35mm, 45mm codend were 816,949g, 203,994g, 1,405g, 51,576g, 194g in September and 40,545g, 66,974g, 14,692g, 12,647g, 12,655g in October. Dominance species were anchovy (Engraulis japonicus) in raschel codend, largehead hairtail (Trichiurus lepturus) in 15mm and 35mm in September, and the amount of catches was very small in 25mm and 45mm codend due to the fishing gear damage. In October, dominance species were anchovy and beka squid (Loligo beka) in raschel, 15mm, 25mm codend, and cuttlefish (Sepia esculenta) and beka squid were mainly caught in 35mm and 45mm codend. In addition, total length of anchovy and cardinal fish (Apogon lineatus) were increased according to the increase of codend mesh size but there was no difference in the mantle length of cuttlefish and loligo beka.
- Andrew, N. L., T. Jones, C. Terry and R. Pratt, 1995. By-catch of an Australian stow net fishery for school prawns(Metapenaeus macleayi). Fisheries Research 22, 119-136. https://doi.org/10.1016/0165-7836(94)00306-H
- Berghahn, R., 1990. On the potential impact of shrimping on trophic relationships in the Wadded Sea. In:M. Barnes and R. N. Gibson (Editors), Proc. 24th European marine biology symposium Trophic relationships in the marine environment. Aberdeen University Press, Aberdeen, pp. 130-140.
- Harris, A. N. and I.R. Poiner, 1991. Changes in species composition of demersal fish fauna of southeast Gulf of Carpentaria, Australia, after 20 years of fishing. mar. Biol., 111, 503-519. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01319424
- Kennelly, S. J., R.E. Kearney, G. Liggins and M.K. Broadhurst, 1992. The effects of shrimp trawling on other commercial and recreational fisheries-an Australian perspective. In:Proceedings of the International Conference on Shrimp By-catch, May 24 27 1992, lake Buena Vista, FL. Southeastern Fisheries Association, Tallahassee, Fl, pp. 97-113.
- Kim, Y.H. and K.S. Ko, 1980. An Experiment of Improved Stow Net-Characteristics of Upthrust Float and Shearing Hood. Kor. Soc. Fish. Tech., 16 (2), 61-67.
- Kim, T.O., B.K. Lee and J.K. Kim, 1994. Comparative Analysis on the Fishing Efficiency of Stow nets, Traditional and Improved. Kor. Soc. Fish. Tech., 30 (1), 1-12.
- Kim, J.K. and G.D. Yoon, 1999. A Study on the Design of the Stern Stow Net. Kor. Soc. Fish. Tech., 35 (4), 343-352.
- Ramm, D. C., P.J. Pender, R.S. Willing and R.C. Buckworth, 1990. Large-scale patterns of abundance within the assemblage of fish caught by prawn trawlers in northern australian waters. Aust. J. mar. Freshwater Res., 41, 79-85 https://doi.org/10.1071/MF9900079
- Wassenberg, T. J. and B.J. Hill, 1989. The effect of trawling and subsequent handling on the survival rates of the by-catch of prawn trawlers in Moreton Bay, australia. Fish., 7, 99-110. https://doi.org/10.1016/0165-7836(89)90010-6
- KOSTAT. 2008. Fisheries Production Survey, Statistics Korea. retrieved from http://fs.fips.go.kr on January 8.
- Catches of main species and bycatch according to the codend mesh sizes of stow net on anchor in the West Sea of Korea vol.47, pp.2, 2011, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2011.47.2.088
- Catch characteristic and present condition of by-catch & discard of trammel nets fishery in the East Sea vol.46, pp.2, 2010, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2010.46.2.103
- Monthly changes in the rate of bycatch fishes and their immature ratio caught by gape net with wings in the coast of Yeosu and Jindo Island, Korea vol.52, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2016.52.1.072
- Response Prediction and Monitoring Feasibility of a Stow Net System Using Measured Environmental Data in the Southwest Coast of Korea vol.8, pp.9, 2018, https://doi.org/10.3390/app8091517