- Volume 13 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Inflow Patterns Around a Water Intake Tower for Selective Withdrawal Depth
선택취수 수심에 따른 취수탑 유입유동 특성
- Received : 2010.09.27
- Accepted : 2010.11.25
- Published : 2010.12.01
Shallow water withdrawal systems have been replaced with a selected withdrawal system to keep stable raw water quality in spite of occurrence of algae and muddy inflow. Before reconstruction of the water intake tower in Yongdam reservoir supplying water to Gosan water treatment facility, we have predicted flow patterns of inflowing water into the water intake tower for various withdrawal conditions. It has been predicted that the water in the withdrawal layer is significantly inflowed from the front with fast velocity into the water intake tower irrespective of withdrawal depth, while the water away from the withdrawal layer is withdrawed a little from the side with slow velocity.
- Lee, J. H., Baek, I. H., and Kim, C. H., 2000, "Determination of Optimum Water Intaking Depth Based on Phytoplankton Distribution in Unmun Reservoir," Korean Journal of Limnology, Vol. 33, No. 3, pp. 311-318.
- Shin, J. K., Hur, J., Lee, H. S., Park, J. C., and Hwang, S. J., 2006, "Spartial Interpretation of Monsoon Turbid-water Environment in a Reservoir (Yongdam) Discharging Surface Water, Korea," Journal of Korean Society on Water Quality, Vol. 22, No. 5, pp. 933-942.
- Jeong, S. A., Yi, H. S., and Min, B. H., 2006, "Modeling the Efficiency of Withdrawal Structure for Turbid Water Control," Proceedings of the KSWW/KSWQ Joint Annual Autumn Meeting, pp. 693-698.
- Lee, K. S., Lee, S. H., Kang, M. K., Ko, S. H., 2006, "The Study of the Flow and Vibration Analysis for the Multiblade Type Roller Gate in Hydraulic Dam," Proceedings of the KFMA Annual Meeting, pp. 515-519.
- Kwak, Y. K., Ko, S. H., and Kang, M. K., 2007, "A Study on the Stability of Intake gate in a Dam," Journal of Fluid Machinery, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 46-51. https://doi.org/10.5293/KFMA.2008.11.1.046
- Launder, B. E. and Spalding, D. B, 1974, "The Numerical Computation of Turbulent Flows," Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 269-289. https://doi.org/10.1016/0045-7825(74)90029-2