- Volume 11 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Effects of Foot Baths on Stress and exhaustion for high school senior students -A comparative study on the aroma oil and fermentation extract-
족욕이 수험생의 스트레스 및 피로에 미치는 효과 -아로마 오일과 발효추출물의 비교연구-
- Oh, Hee-Sun (Dept, of Beauty Esthetics, Graduate School of Art of Hansung University) ;
- Gang, Gyeong-Ho (Dept, of Beauty Esthetics, Graduate School of Art of Hansung University)
- Published : 2010.01.31
In the twenty first century, people experience a lot of stresses by psychological, social and environmental impetus. If the stress is excessive, it can become a problem and finally lead to diseases. Foot bath makes the body warm starting with the feet, controls the blood circulations and autonomic nervous systems. This study aims at examining the effects of stress and fatigue of senior students preparing for college entrance examination by foot bath with the aroma essential oil and the fermentation extracts. The experimental period was from March 30 to April 18, 2009. The study objects were 21 senior students of C Girls' High School in Cheonan. They were divided into 3 groups and treated 20 times. The first group was a foot bath group with Artemisia Herbal fermentation extracts. The second group was a foot bath group with the blending aroma essential oil of grapefruit, cypress and cedarwood. The third group was not treated. In the case of difference of physical and psychological stress, there was a reduction of 18.43 and 16.71 for the fermented extract group and 10.71 and 9.43 for the aroma group, while a reduction of 0.43 and 0.29 for the control group, respectively. This shows that foot baths using fermented extracts and aroma had lower physical stress compared to the control group (p<.01). For the difference of fatigue, there was a reduction of 19.14 for the fermented extract group, 11.57 for the aroma group and 0.07 for the control group, showing that foot baths accompanied by fermented extracts and aroma used in this study having lower fatigue compared to the control group (p<.01). The fermented extract group (M=55.71) had the highest level of satisfaction after foot baths, followed by the aroma group (M=49.14) and the control group (M=33.29). Duncan's post hoc test showed that there was a statistically considerable difference between the tests groups and control groups (p<.01). Through the results of this study, it was found that foot baths using bathing supplements were very effective for reducing stress and fatigue.
Students;stress;Exhaustion;Foot bath;Fermentation extract;Aroma oil
- 김지수(1994).우수선수의 스트레스 대처방식 연구, 서울대학교대학원 석사학위논문.
- 이인희(2007).반신욕이 여성의 스트레스와 혈액 성상변화에 미치는 효과, 서경대학교대학원 석사학위논문.
- 송지청(2007).족욕 10분, 도서출판 넥서스. pp. 24-57.
- Buckle, J.(1999). "use of aromatherapy as complementrary treatment or chronic pain". Alternative Therapies in Health & medicine, 18(2), 143-148.
- 한선희(2002). 향기요법이 대학생의 긴장형 두통, 스트레스 및 면역반응에 미치는 효과, 가톨릭대학교대학원 석사학위논문.
- 겨레한의학 연구소(2009). 건강을 지키는 쑥뜸, 쑥민간요법, 도서출판 북피아. pp. 30.
- 임성은(2007). 족욕이 성인 여성의 스트레스 및 인체변화에 미치는 영향, 서경대학교대학원 석사학위논문
- 이춘양(2008). 하이드로 테라피와 스웨디쉬 마사지가 직장 여성의 스트레스에 미치는 영향, 성신여자대학교대학원 석사학위논문
- 이현정(2006). 발반사마사지가 혈액투석환자의 하지부종과 피로 및 수면에 미치는 효과, 성신여자대학교대학원 석사학위논문.
- 김영례(2004). 단기 발건강관리가 직장인의 피로감과 발 주위 부종에 미치는 효과, 조선대학교 대학원 석사학위논문.
- 민인영(2001). 발반사마사지가 간호사의 피로도와 하지부종에 미치는 영향, 계명대학교대학원 석사학위논문.
- 배복덕(2000). 발반사마사지가 피로감에 미치는 효과, 조선대학교대학원 석사학위논문.
- Comparison of the relaxation and calming effect of a foot bath and a lavender foot bath, through EEG and emotional responses analysis vol.17, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.15250/joie.2018.17.2.122