- Volume 11 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Adaptive Predictor for Entropy Coding
엔트로피 코딩을 위한 적응적 예측기
- Kim, Young-Ro (Dept. of Computer Science Information, Myongji College) ;
- Park, Hyun-Sang (Division of Electrical Electronic and Control Engineering, Kongju National University)
- Published : 2010.01.31
In this paper, an efficient predictor for entropy coding is proposed. It adaptively selects one of two prediction errors obtained by MED(median edge detector) or GAP(gradient adaptive prediction). The reduced error is encoded by existing entropy coding method. Experimental results show that the proposed algorithm can compress higher than existing predictive methods.
Predictor;Entropy Coding;Lossless;Image Coding
- X. Wu and N. Memon, "Context-based, adaptive, lossless image coding," IEEE Trans. Communications, vol. 45, no. 4, pp. 437-444, Apr. 1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/26.585919
- M. J. Weinberger, G. Seroussi, and G. Sapiro, "The LOCO-I Lossless Image Compression Algorithm: Principles and Standardization into JPEG-LS," IEEE Trans. Image Processing, vol. 9, no. 8, pp. 1309-1324, Aug. 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/83.855427
- E. Magli, "Optimized onboard lossless and near-lossless compression of hyperspectral data using CALIC," IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 21-25, Jan. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/LGRS.2003.822312
- M. J. Weinberger, J. Rissanen, and R. B. Arps, "Application of universal context modeling to lossless compression of gray-scale images," IEEE Trans. Image Processing, vol. 5, pp. 576-586, Apr. 1996.
- X. Wu, "Efficient lossless compression of continuous-tone images via context selection and quantization," IEEE Trans. Image Processing, vol. 6, pp. 656-664, May 1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/83.568923
- S. W. Golomb, "Run-length encodings," IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory, vol. 12, pp. 399-401, Jul. 1966. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIT.1966.1053907
- P. G. Howard and J. S. Vitter, "Fast and efficient lossless image compression," in Proc. 1993 Data Compression Conf., Snowbird, UT, Mar. 1993, pp. 351-360.
- H. Tang and S. -I. Kamata, "A Gradient based predictive coding for lossless image compression," IEICE Trans. Inf. & Syst., vol. E89-D, no. 7, Jul. 2006.