- Volume 11 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Performance Analysis using Markov chain in WiBro
WiBro에서 마코프 체인을 이용한 성능분석
- Park, Won-Gil (Ubiquitous Computing Technology Research Institute, Sunkyunkwan University) ;
- Kim, Hyoung-Jin (Division of Applied System Engineering, Chonbuk National University)
- Published : 2010.01.31
The ACR (Access Control Router) of WiBro processes location registration of the Correspondent Node and Home Agent as the Correspondent Node moves between ACRs. Therefore, the location update cost is low compared with MIPv6. However, all packets which are sent and received are sent through the ACR, so as the number of mobile nodes that are managed by the ACR increases, the cost of packet delivery also increases. Therefore, the communication state of the ACR domain remains smooth when the ACR which manages the mobile node in the ACR domain has good performance. However, network delays occur unless the ACR performs well, so the role of the ACR is important. In this paper, we analysis performance of the ACR for efficient realization of the WiBro standard. By using the Deny Probability and the Total Profit of ACR performance and apply it to the Random Walk Mobility model as the mobility model.
WiBro;Access Control Router;Deny probability;Total profit
- D. Johnson, C. Perkins and J. Arkko,"Mobility Support in IPv6," RFC 3775, Jun. 2004.
- H. Soliman, C. Castelluccia, K. E. Malki and L. Bellier, "Hierarchical MIPv6 (HMIPv6) mobility management," Internet Draft, Nov. 2001.
- R. Koodi " Fast Handovers for Mobile IPv6," RFC 4068, Jul. 2005.
- 송석일 외 2인, "초고속 WiBo 기술", ETRI 전자통신동향분석
- 인지환, 양정록, 김영일, "초고속 WiBro 기술", 대한전자공학회지, 2004.
- M. Woo, "Performance analysis of mobile IP regional registration, " IEICE Trans. Commun., vol. E86-B, no.2, pp.472-478, Feb. 2003.
- X. Zhang, J. G. Castellanos, and A. T. Capbell, "P-MIP: Paging extensions for mobile IP", ACM Mobile Networks and Applications, vol.7, no.2, pp.127-141, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1013774805067
- J. S. M. Ho and I. F. Akyildiz, "Mobile user location update and paging under delay constraints, "ACM-Baltzer J.Wireless Networks, Vol.1, pp413-425, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01985754
- Y.-B. Lin, "Reducing location update cost in a PCS network," IEEE/ACM Trans Networking, vol.5, pp.25-33, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/90.554719
- I. F. Akyildiz and W. Wand,"A dynamic location management scheme for next-generation multitier PCS systems," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol.1, no.1, pp. 178-189, Jan. 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/7693.975456
- Sangheon Pack and Yanghee Choi, "A Study on performance of hierarchical mobile IPv6 in IP-based cellular networks," IEICE Trans. Commun., vol. E87-B no.3 pp.462-469, Mar. 2004.
- J. Xie and F. Akyildiz, "A novel distributed dynamic location management scheme for minimizing signaling costs in Mobile IP, "IEEE Trans. Mobile Computing, Vol. 1, No, 3, pp. 163-175, Sep. 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMC.2002.1081753