- Volume 11 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Spatial Reuse based on Power Control Algorithm Ad hoc Network
IEEE 802.11 기반의 모바일 애드 혹 네트워크에서 전력제어 알고리즘을 통한 공간 재사용
- Lee, Seung-Dae (Electronic Engineering, Namseoul University) ;
- Jung, Yong-Chae (Electronic Engineering, Namseoul University)
- Published : 2010.01.31
The MAC layer in ad-hoc network which makes network of nodes without infrastructure for a time has became an issue to reduce delay, allocate fairly bandwidth, control TX/RX power and improve throughput. Specially, the problem to reduce power consumption in ad-hoc network is very important part as ad-hoc devices use the limited battery. For solution of the problem, many power control algorithms, such as distribute power control, PCM (Power Control MAC) and F-PCF (Fragmentation based PCM), are proposed to limit power consumption until now. Although the algorithms are designed to minimize power consumption, the latency communication zone is generated by power control of RX/TX nodes. However the algorithms don't suitably reuse the space. In this paper proposes the algorithm to improve data throughput through Spatial Reuse based on a power control method.
- C.Siva Ram Mupthy and B. S. Manoj, Ad Hoc Wireless Network-Architecutres and protocols, Prentice Hall, 2004
- N. Abramson, "The ALOHA SYSTEM- Another Alternative for computer communications", in: Proc. AFIPS Fall Joint Computer Conference, 1970. pp.281-285
- Paolo Santi, Topology Cointrol in Wireless Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks, John Wiley&Sons, 2005
- A Kamerman and L. Monteban, "WaveLan-II: A High-Performance Wireless LAN for Unliccensed Band", Bell Labs Technical Journal 2(3), 1997.
- Wireless LAN Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical layer(PHY) specifications, IEEE Standard 802.11, 2007.
- S. Agarwal, S. Krishnamurthy, R. H. Katz, and S. K. Dao, "Distributed power control in ad hoc wireless networks", in Proc, IEEE PIMRC, 2001, pp.56-66.
- Eun-Sun Jung, NITIN H. VAIDYA, "A Power Control MAC Protocol for Ad Hoc Networks", Springer Science Business Media, 2005, Wireless Network pp.55-66.
- Dongkyun Kim, "F-PCM: A Fragmentation- based power control MAC protocol for IEEE 802.11 mobile ad hoc network", Wiley InterScience, Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, 2006, no.6 pp727-739.