- Volume 11 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Spectroscopic Characteristics of synthetic and natural emerald by heat treatment
열처리에 따른 합성과 천연 에메랄드의 분광특성분석
- Hwoang, Hye-Kyung (Department of Materials & Chemical Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Ahn, Yong-Kil (Division of Materials Science & Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Seo, Jin-Gyo (Division of Materials Science & Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Park, Jong-Wan (Division of Materials Science & Engineering, Hanyang University)
- 황혜경 (한양대학교 공학대학원 보석학과) ;
- 안용길 (한양대학교 공과대학 신소재공학과) ;
- 서진교 (한양대학교 공과대학 신소재공학과) ;
- 박종완 (한양대학교 공과대학 신소재공학과)
- Published : 2010.01.31
The spectroscopic characteristics of synthetic and natural emeralds were investigated by UV-Vis and FTIR spectroscopy before and after heat treatment. The Mo and Co for synthetic flux and C1 for synthetic hydrothermal emeralds have been detected by X-ray fluorescence analysis. In the region of UV-Visible, the absorption of emerald from Colombia was generally increased after the heat treatment. The peak which related to C1 component in the
Synthetic emerald;Natural emerald;UV-VIS Spectroscopy;FTIR Spectroscopy;Heat Treatment
- K. N. Yu, S. M. Tang and T. S. Tay, "PIXE studies of emerald", X-ray Spectrom, 2000.
- A. Kleismantas, "Effects of chemical composition and temperature on the formation of beryl varieties". Geologija. Vilnius.4, pp. 13-13, 2003.
- D. L. Wood and K. Nassau, "The characterization of beryl and emerald by visible and infrared absorption spectroscopy", American Mineralogist, 53, May-June, 1968.
- A. A. Beus and D. A. Mineev, "Contribution to geology and geochemistry of the emerald-bearing zone Muzo-Coscuez, Cordillera Oriental,Colombia", Geol. Rudn . Mestorozhd, 16(4), pp. 18-30, 1974.
- L. T. T. Huong,"Microscopic chemical and spectroscopic investigations on emeralds of various origins", am Fachberich Chemie, Pharmazie und Geowissenschaften der Johannes Gutenberg -University Mainz, 2008.
- I. Moroz, G. Pancaer and M. Roth, "Laser-induced luminescence of emerald from different sources", j. Gemmology, 1998.
- G. L. Miessler and A. T. Donald, "Inorganic chemistry", (3rd Ed),.pearson Education, Inc, NewJersey, pp. 344-345, 2004.
- 김원사, "보석학", 도서출판 우성, pp. 347, 1월, 2004.
- C. M. Stockton, "The chemical distinction of natural from synthetic emeralds", Gems & Gemology. 20, 3, pp. 141-145, 1984. https://doi.org/10.5741/GEMS.20.3.141
- J. M. Duroc-Danner, "The identification value of the 2293cm-1infraredabsorptionbandinnaturaland hydrothermal synthetic emerald", J. Gemmology, 30.1/2, pp. 75-82, 2006. https://doi.org/10.15506/JoG.2006.30.1.75
- R. Mashkovtsev and S. Z. Smirnov, "The nature of channel constituents in hydrothermal synthetic emerald", J. Gemmology, 29, 4, pp. 215-227, 2004. https://doi.org/10.15506/JoG.2004.29.4.215
- C. M. Stockton, "The separation of natural from synthetic emerald by infrared spectroscopy", Gems & Gemology, 23, 2, pp. 96-99, 1987. https://doi.org/10.5741/GEMS.23.2.96
- L. Kiefert, H. A. Hanni, J. P. Chalain and W. Weber, "Identification of filler substances in emerald by infrared and Raman spectroscopy", J. Gemmology, 26, 8, pp. 501-520, 1999. https://doi.org/10.15506/JoG.1918.104.22.1681