- Volume 20 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Review on the Blast Resistant Design for Glazing and Window Systems Subject to High-explosive Loadings
공기 중 폭발하중에 대한 창호시스템의 방폭설계 절차에 관한 고찰
- Received : 2010.11.30
- Accepted : 2010.12.09
- Published : 2010.12.20
Anti-terrorism design for public buildings as well as military facilities is important to minimize the mass casualties from terrorist attacks. Also, well designed glazing and window systems can reduce the potential injury of human caused by scattering fragment of a glazing. In this paper, blast resistant design for glazing and window systems is investigated based on the U.S. Standard. The design procedures include minimum requirements for the design, standard practice for design evaluation of the glazing and standard test method for evaluation of the performance.
Grant : 기계기술 네트워크 프로그램
Supported by : 산업기술연구회
- Super-Tall Buildings R&BD Center, 2009, “http://www.supertall.org”.
- Lee, K. K., Kim, T. J., Kim, E. S. and Kim, J. K., 2007, “Behavior of Steel Columns Subjected to Blast Loads,” Journal of Earthquake Engineering Society of Korea, Vol. 23, No. 7, pp. 37-44.
- Whirley, R. G. and Engelmann, B. E., 1993, “DYNA3D: A Nonlinear Explicit Three-dimensional Finite Element Code for Solid and Structural Mechanics,” User Manual, Lawrence Livemore National Laboratory, Livemore, CA.
- Shim, C. S. and Yun, N. R., 2010, “Evaluation of Close-range Blast Pressure Mitigation Using a Sacrificial Member,” Journal of Earthquake Engineering Society of Korea, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 11-23. https://doi.org/10.5000/EESK.2010.14.1.011
- Huh, Y. C., Chung, T. Y., Moon, S. J. and Oh, S. K., 2010, “A Review on the Process of Blast Effect Analysis for Designs of a Glazing System Against Explosive Loadings,” Proceedings of the KSNVE Annual Autumn Conference, pp. 136-137.
- Bin, J. H., 2009, “Numerical Study of Sound Generation Mechanism by a Blast Wave,” Transactions of the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, Vol. 19, No. 10, pp. 1053-1061. https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVN.2009.19.10.1053
- Bogosian, D. and Fu, S., 2004, “Infiltration of Airblast into Buildings through Glazed Openings,” 31st Explosives Safety Seminar, San Antonio, Texas.
- Crawford, J. E. and Magallanes, J. M., 2006, “Evaluation of the State of the Art Pertaining to Structural Steel Applications in Blast-resistant Design,” Karagozian & Case, Burbank, CA, TR-06-9.1.
- Timmel, M., Kolling, S., Osterrieder, P. and Dubois, P. A., 2007, “A Finite Element Model for Impact Simulation with Laminated Glass,” Int. J. of Imapct Engineering, Vol. 34, pp. 1465-1478. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijimpeng.2006.07.008
- UFC 4-010-01, 2007, “DoD Minimum Antiterrorism Standards for Buildings,” Unified Facilities Criteria, Department of Defence, U.S.A.
- ASTM F 2248, 2003, “Standard Practice for Specifying an Equivalent 3-Second Duration Design Loading for Blast Resistant Glazing Fabricated with Laminated Glass,” American Society for Testing and Materials, Annual Book of ASTM Standards.
- ASTM E 1300, 2007, “Standard Practice for Determining Load Resistance of Glass in Buildings,” American Society for Testing and Materials, Annual Book of ASTM Standards.
- ASTM F 1642, 2004, “Standard Test Method for Glazing Systems Subject to Airblast Loadings,” American Society for Testing and Materials, Annual Book of ASTM Standards.
- Dalgliesh, A., Structural Design of Glass for Buildings, National Research Council of Canada.
- Kingery, C. N. and Bulmash, G., 1984, “Airblast Parameters from TNT Spherical Air Burst and Hemispherical Surface Burst,” Report ARBL-TR-02555, U.S. Army BRL, Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.