- Volume 20 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
An approach based on the generalized ILOWHM operators to group decision making
- Park, Jin-Han (Department of Applied Mathematics, Pukyong National University) ;
- Park, Yong-Beom (Department of Statistics, Pukyong National University) ;
- Lee, Bu-Young (Department of Mathematics, Dong-A University) ;
- Son, Mi-Jung (Department of Mathematics, Korea Maritime University)
- Received : 2010.04.03
- Accepted : 2010.05.17
- Published : 2010.06.25
In this paper, we define generalized induced linguistic aggregation operator called generalized induced linguistic ordered weighted harmonic mean(GILOWHM) operator. Each object processed by this operator consists of three components, where the first component represents the importance degree or character of the second component, and the second component isused to induce an ordering, through the first component, over the third components which are linguistic variables and then aggregated. It is shown that the induced linguistic ordered weighted harmonic mean(ILOWHM) operator and linguistic ordered weighted harmonic mean(LOWHM) operator are the special cases of the GILOWHM operator. Based on the GILOWHM and LWHM operators, we develop an approach to group decision making with linguistic preference relations. Finally, a numerical example is used to illustrate the applicability of the proposed approach.
- P.S. Bullen, D.S. Mitrinovi and P.M. Vasi, Means and their inequalities, The Netherlands, Reidel, 1988.
- M. Delgado, J.L. Verdegay and M.A. Vila, “Lin-guistic decision making models,” Int. J. Intell. Syst., vol. 8, pp. 351–370, 1993.
- J.C. Harsanyi, “Cardinal welfare, individualistic ethics, and interpersonal comparisons of utility,” J. Polit. Economy., vol. 63, pp. 309–321, 1955. https://doi.org/10.1086/257678
- F. Herrera and E. Herrera-Viedma, “Choicefunc-tions and mechanisms for linguistic preferencere-lations,” Eur. J. Oper. Res., vol. 120, pp.144–161, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0377-2217(98)00383-X
- F. Herrera and E. Herrera-Viedma, “Linguisticde-cision analysis: steps for solving decision prob-lems under linguistic information,” Fuzzy Sets Syst., vol.115, pp.67–82, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0165-0114(99)00024-X
- F. Herrera, E. Herrera-Viedma and L. Mar-tinez, “A fusion approach for managing multi-granularity linguistic term sets in decision making,” Fuzzy Sets Syst., vol. 114, pp. 43–58, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0165-0114(98)00093-1
- F. Herrera and L. Martinez, “A 2-tuple fuzzy lin-guistic representation model for computing with words,” IEEE Trans. Fuzzy Syst., vol. 8, pp. 746–752, 2000.
- F. Herrera and J.L. Verdegay, “Linguistic assess-ments in group decision,” Proceedings of 11th Eu-ropean Congress of Fuzzy Intelligent Technology, pp 941–948, 1993.
- S.H. Kim, S.H. Choi and J.K. Kim, “An intrac-tive procedure for multiple attribute group decision making with incomplete information: range-based approach,” Eur. J. Oper. Res., vol. 118, pp. 139–152, 1999.
- J.H. Park, M.G. Gwak and Y.C. Kwun, “Linguis-tic harmonic mean operators and their applications to group decision making,” submitted.
- J.H. Park, B.Y. Lee and M.J. Son, “An approach based on the LOWHM and induced LOWHM operators to group decision making under linguistic information,” Journal of Korean Institute of Intel-ligent Systems, vol. 20, pp.285–291, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5391/JKIIS.2010.20.2.285
- V. Torra and Y. Narukawa, Information fusion and aggregating information, Berlin, Springer, 2007.
- Z.S. Xu, Uncertain Multiple Attribute Decision Making: Methods and Applications, Tsinghua University Press, Beijing, 2004.
- Z.S. Xu, “A method based on linguistic aggregation operators for group decision making withlin-guistic preference relations,” Inf. Sci., vol. 166, pp. 19–30, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ins.2003.10.006
- Z.S. Xu, “Deviation measures of linguistic prefer-ence relations in group decision making,” Omega, vol. 33, pp. 249–254, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.omega.2004.04.008
- Z.S. Xu, “An approach based on the uncertain LOWG and induced uncertain LOWG operators to group decision making with uncertain multi-plicative linguistic preference relations,” Decis. Support Syst., vol. 41, pp.488–499, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dss.2004.08.011
- Z.S. Xu, “Induced uncertain linguistic OWA operators applied to group decision making,” Inf. Fusion, vol. 7, pp. 231–238, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.inffus.2004.06.005
- Z.S. Xu, “On generalized induced linguistic aggregation operators,” Int. J. General Syst., vol. 35, pp. 17–28, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1080/03081070500422836
- Z.S. Xu and Q.L. Da, “The uncertain OWA operators,” Int. J. Intell. Syst., vol. 17, pp.569–575, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1002/int.10038
- Z.S. Xu and Q.L. Da, “An overview of operators for aggregationg information,” Int. J. Intell. Syst., vol. 18, pp. 953–969, 2003.
- R.R. Yager, “On ordered weighted averaging aggregation operators in multicriteria decision making,” IEEE Trans. Syst. Man Cybern., vol. 18, pp. 183–190, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1109/21.87068
- R.R. Yager, “Families and extension of OWA aggregation,” Fuzzy Sets Syst., vol. 59, pp.125–148, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1016/0165-0114(93)90194-M
- R.R. Yager, “The induced fuzzy integral aggregation operator,” Int. J. Intell. Syst., vol. 17,pp. 1049–1065, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1002/int.10055
- R.R. Yager, “Induced aggregation operators,” Fuzzy Sets Syst., vol. 137, pp. 59–69, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0165-0114(02)00432-3
- R.R. Yager and D.O. Filev, “Induced ordered weighted averaging operators,” IEEE Trans. Syst. Man Cybern., vol.29, pp.141–150, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/3477.752789
- R.R. Yager and J. Kacprzyk, The ordered weighted averaging operator: Theory and application, Boston, Kluwer, 1997.
- L.A. Zadeh, “The concept of a linguistic variable and its application to approximate reasoning-I,” Inform. Sci., vol. 8, pp. 199–249, 1975. https://doi.org/10.1016/0020-0255(75)90036-5
- L.A. Zadeh, “The concept of a linguistic variable and its application to approximate reasoning-II,” Inform. Sci., vol. 8, pp. 301–357, 1975. https://doi.org/10.1016/0020-0255(75)90046-8
- L.A. Zadeh, “The concept of a linguistic variable and its application to approximate reasoning-III,” Inform. Sci., vol. 9, pp. 43–80, 1976.