- Volume 52 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Optimum Design of Reinforced Concrete Agricultural Aqueduct Abutment and Pier Using Continuous and Mixed-Discrete Optimization Methods
연속형 및 혼합이산형 최적설계법에 의한 농업용 수로교 교각 및 교대의 최적설계
- Received : 2010.08.16
- Accepted : 2010.10.26
- Published : 2010.11.30
This study was conducted to find out the best optimum design method for the design of reinforced concrete agricultural aqueduct abutment and pier structures. The mixed-discrete optimization and continuous optimization method were applied to the design of reinforced concrete agricultural aqueduct abutment and pier and the results of these optimization methods were compared each other. It is proved that mixed-discrete optimization method is more reliable, efficient and reasonable than continuous optimization method for the optimum design of the reinforced concrete agricultural aqueduct abutment and pier.
- Choi C. G., and H. K. Gwak, 1989. Optimum RC Member Design with Predetermined Discrete Sections. Computational Structural Engineering 2(1): 79-86 (in Korean).
- Cell, A., and R. Logcher, 1971. Automated optimum design form discrete components. Journal of the Structural Division, ASCE 97(ST1): 175-185.
- Han, S. H., D. H. Jo, and S. G. Lee, 1997. Development of optimum design program for PPC structures using DCOC. Computational Structural Engineering 10(4): 315-325 (in Korean).
- Jo, D. H., and S. H. Han, 2000. Minimum cost design of reinforced concrete beam using DCOC. Computational Structural Engineering 13(4): 417-425 (in Korean).
- Jung, Y. S., and B. I. Kim, 1997. Optimization of RC plane foames based on the principle of divided parameters. Magazine of the Korea Concrete Institute 9(1): 133-141 (in Korean).
- Kim, J. O., C. G. Park., and S. S. Cha, 2010. Reasonable Optimum Design of Agricultural Reinforced Concrete Structure : Superstructures of Aqueduct. Journal of the Korea Society of Agricultural Engineers 52(5): 19-26 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.5389/KSAE.2010.52.5.019
- Kim, J. O., 2004. Reasonable Optimum Design of Prestressed Concrete Structures. Journal of the Korea Society of Agricultural Engineers 46(2): 77-89 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.5389/KSAE.2004.46.2.077
- Kim, J. O., Y. T. Hwang, G. N. Vanderplaats, 1995. Minimum Weight Design for Bridge Girder using Approximation based Optimization Method. Journal of the Korea Society of Agricultural Engineers 37(E):31-39.
- Kim, J. O., 1997. Efficient optimum design of reinforced concrete structures using mixed-discrete optimization method. Journal of the Korea Society of Agricultural Engineers 39(2) : 32-43.
- Lai. Y. S., and J. D. Achenbach, 1973, Direct search optimization method. Journal of the Structural Division, ASCE 98(ST1): 119-131.
- Min-Wey Huang and Jasbir S. A., 1995. Engineering optimization with discrete variables, Proceedings of the 36th AIAA/ASME/ASCE/AHS/ASC 1475-1485.
- Reinschmidt, K. F., 1971. Discrete structural optimization. Journal of the structural Division, ASCE, 97(ST1): 133-156.
- Sepulveda, A. E., 1995. Optimal material selection using branch and bound techniques. A1AA Journal 33(2): 340-347.
- Shui-Shun Lin, Chun AZhang and Hsu-Pin Wang, 1995. On mixed-discrete nonlinear optimization problems ; A comparative study. Engineering Optimization 23: 287-300. https://doi.org/10.1080/03052159508941359
- Thanedar, P. B., and G. N., Vanderplaats, 1995. Survey of discrete variable optimization for sturctural design. Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE 121(2): 301-306. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(1995)121:2(301)
- Vanderplaats R&D, 2008. VisualDOC User's Manual. Vanderplaats Research & Development, Inc.
- Vanderplaats, G. N., 1984. Numerical Optimization Techniques for Engineering Design, McGRAW-HILL, New York.