- Volume 52 Issue 6
Sediment yields from Imha watershed were simulated during 1993-2008 using Hydrologic Simulation Program-Fortran (HSPF). Using observed daily stream flow for 2004-2008 and hourly suspended solid concentration for three events during 2006, HSPF was calibrated and validated at the sites of Imha and Youngyang for stream flow and Dongchun and Jangpachun for sediment yield. The calibration and validation results represented high model efficiency for simulating daily stream flow and hourly suspended solid. The determination coefficients of calibration and validation were 0.90 and 0.81 for daily stream flow, and 0.91 and 0.86 for monthly stream flow, respectively. Based on model tolerances for calibration and validation of stream flow, HSPF performance for simulating stream flow represented 'very good'. The determination coefficients of calibration and validation were 0.94-0.96 and 0.95 for hourly sediment yields, respectively. The average yearly sediment yield during 1993-2008 was 122,290 ton/year and most of sediment yield (77 % of total yield) were generated from June to August. The calibrated HSPF simulated well the movement of water and eroded soil within Imha watershed.
HSPF;sediment yield;suspended solid;calibration;validation
- Bicknell, B. R., J. C. Imhoff, J. L. Kittle, Jr., T. H. Jobes, and A. S. Donigian, Jr., 2004. HSPF Version 12 User's Manual. AQUA TERRA Consultants Mountain View, California, USA.
- Choi, J., G. Hyun, J. W. Lee, D. S. Shin, K. S. Kim, Y. Park, J. Kim, and K. J. Lim, 2009. Evaluation of sediment yield prediction and estimation of soil yield under various slope scenarios at Jawon-ri using WEPP Watershed Model. Journal of Korean Society on Water Quality 25(3): 441-451 (in Korean).
- Donigian A. S., 2002. Watershed Model Calibration and Validation: The HSPF Experience, National TMDL Science and Policy Specialty Conference 2002. Water Environment Federation, Phoenix, Arizona
- Jang, W. S., Y. Park, J. Kim, N. Kim, J. Choi, Y. S. Ok, J. E. Yang, and K. J. Lim, 2010. Development of the SWAT DWDM for accurate estimation of soil erosion from an agricultural field. Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers 52(1): 79-88 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.5389/KSAE.2010.52.1.079
- Jeon, J. H., C. G. Yoon, J. H. Ham, and K. W. Jung, 2006. Evaluation of BASINS/WinHSPF applicability for pollutant loading estimation for a Korean watershed. Water Science & Technology 53(1): 25-32. https://doi.org/10.2166/wst.2006.004
- Jeon, J. H., D. Choi, K. J. Lim, and T. D. Kim, 2010a. Automatic Calibration of Stream Flow and Nutrients Loads Using HSPF-PEST at the Bochung A Watershed. Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers 52(5): 77-86 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.5389/KSAE.2010.52.5.077
- Jeon, J. H., D. Choi, K. J. Lim, and T. D. Kim, 2010b. Estimating Nutrients Dilivery Ratios at the Subwatershed Scale : A Case Study at the Bochung-A Watershed. Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers 52(5): 27-35 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.5389/KSAE.2010.52.5.027
- Kim, J. H., K. T. Kim, and H. J. Lee, 2009. Analysis of Korea soil loss and hazard zone. The Journal of GIS Association of Korea 17(3): 261-268 (in Korean).
- Kim, T. D., D. Choi, T. H. Lee, T. W. Seo, S. H. Bae, S. Jung, S. H. Ryu, J. Choi, and K. J. Lim, 2006. Analyzing the effect of BMPs for controling soil erosion at Imha watershed. Imha Dam Basin Commission, Andong, Korea (in Korean).
- Park, Y., J. Kim, S. Heo, N. Kim, J. Ahn, J. Park, K. S. Kim, and K. J. Lim, 2008. Comparison of soil loss estimation using SWAT and SATEEC. Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers 50(1): 3-12 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.5389/KSAE.2008.50.1.003
- Park, Y., J. Kim, J. Park, J. H. Jeon, T. Kim, J. Choi, J. Ahn, K. S. Kim, and K. J. Lim, 2007. Evaluation of SWAT applicability to simulation of sediment behaviors at the Imha-Dam watershed. Journal of Korean Society on Water Quality 23(4): 467-473 (in Korean).
- USEPA. 2000. BASINS Technical Note 6: Estimating Hydrology and Hydraulic Parameters for HSPF. EPA- 823-R00-012. U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Water, Washington, DC, USA.
- Ye, L., S. W. Chung, H. S. Lee, S. W. Yoon, and H. Y. Jeong, 2009. Sensivity analysis of climate factors on runoff and soil losses in Daecheong Reservoir watershed using SWAT. Journal of Korean Society on Water Quality 25(1): 7-17 (in Korean).
- Probabilistic Analysis of Vertical Drains using Hasofer-Lind Reliability Index vol.53, pp.6, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5389/KSAE.2011.53.6.001
- Evaluation of Applicability and Hydrologic Parameter Calibration for HSPF Model using Expert System for HSPF vol.55, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5389/KSAE.2013.55.4.013
- Analysis of Spatical Distribution of Surface Runoff in Seoul City using L-THIA: Case Study on Event at July 27, 2011 vol.53, pp.6, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5389/KSAE.2011.53.6.171
- Simulations of Reduction Effects on Runoff and Sediment for VFS Applications by Considering Uplands Characteristics in Iksan vol.56, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5389/KSAE.2014.56.5.089
- Experimental Evaluation of Synthesis Gas Production from Air Dried Woodchip vol.53, pp.6, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5389/KSAE.2011.53.6.017
- Estimation of Sediment Delivery Ratio in Upper Geum River Basin Using Watershed Model vol.22, pp.6, 2013, https://doi.org/10.14249/eia.2013.22.6.695
- Simulation of the Best Management Practice Impacts on Nonpoint Source Pollutant Reduction in Agricultural Area using STEPL WEB Model vol.56, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5389/KSAE.2014.56.5.021