- Volume 31 Issue 3
Noncentral F-Distribution for an M-ary Phase Shift Keying Wedge-Shaped Region
- Kim, Jung-Su (Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Hanyang University, Channel Development Team, S.LSI Division, Samsung Electronics) ;
- Chong, Jong-Wha (Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Hanyang University)
- Received : 2008.11.30
- Accepted : 2009.03.11
- Published : 2009.06.30
This letter presents an alternative analytical expression for computing the probability of an M-ary phase shift keying (MPSK) wedge-shaped region in an additive white Gaussian noise channel. The expression is represented by the cumulative distribution function of known noncentral F-distribution. Computer simulation results demonstrate the validity of our analytical expression for the exact computation of the symbol error probability of an MPSK system with phase error.
Supported by : IITA
- R.F. Pawula, S.O. Rice, and J.H. Roberts, “Distribution of the Phase Angle between Two Vectors Perturbed by Gaussian Noise,” IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. COM-30, no. 8, Aug. 1982, pp. 1828-1841.
- R.F. Pawula, “Distribution of the Phase Angle between Two Vectors Perturbed by Gaussian Noise II,” IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol., vol. 50, no. 2, Mar. 2001, pp. 576-583. https://doi.org/10.1109/25.923069
- S. Park and S.H. Cho, “Probability of an Arbitrary Wedge-Shaped Region of the MPSK System in the Presence of Quadrature Error,” IEEE Commun. Lett., vol. 6, no. 2, Feb. 2005, pp. 196-197.
- S. Park and S.H. Cho, “Computing the Average Symbol Error Probability of the MPSK System Having Quadrature Error,” ETRI Journal, vol. 28, no. 6, Dec. 2006, pp.793-795. https://doi.org/10.4218/etrij.06.0206.0137
- Matwork Inc., MATLAB User's Guides, version 7.0, 2006.
- R. Price, “Some Non-central F Distributions Expressed in Closed Forms,” Biometrika, vol. 51, no. 1-2, 1964, pp. 107-122. https://doi.org/10.1093/biomet/51.1-2.107