- Volume 31 Issue 3
A wideband beamforming algorithm for estimating the azimuth angle, elevation angle, velocity, and range using a planar phased radar array with antenna switching is proposed. It uses the time-variant steering vector model. Simulation results illustrating the performance of the proposed beamformer are presented.
Supported by : Korea Research Foundation
- Y. Asano et al., “Proposal of Millimeter-Wave Holographic Radar with Antenna Switching,” Proc. IEEE MTT-S Digest, May 2001, pp. 1111-1114.
- M.-S. Lee, V. Katkovnik, and Y.-H. Kim, “System Modeling and Signal Processing for a Switch Antenna Array Radar,” IEEE Trans. Signal Process., vol. 52, no. 6, June 2004, pp. 1513-1523. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSP.2004.827204
- J. Lin, Q. Peng, and H. Shao, “On Diagonal Loading for Robust Adaptive Beamforming Based on Worst-Case Performance Optimization,” ETRI Journal, vol. 29, no. 1, Feb. 2007, pp. 50-58. https://doi.org/10.4218/etrij.07.0105.0186
- J.D. Fredrick, Y. Wang, and T. Itoh, “A Smart Antenna Receiver Array Using a Single RF Channel and Digital Beamforming,” IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., vol. 50, no. 12, Dec. 2002, pp. 3052-3058. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMTT.2002.805150
- J. Li and P. Stoica, “An Adaptive Filtering Approach to Spectral Estimation and SAR Imaging,” IEEE Trans. Signal Process., vol. 44, no. 6, June 1996, pp. 1469-1484. https://doi.org/10.1109/78.506612
- U. Nickel, “Overview of Generalized Monopulse Estimation,” IEEE Aerosp. Electron. Syst. Mag., vol. 21, no. 6, June 2006, pp. 27-56. https://doi.org/10.1109/MAES.2006.284381
- L. Yang et al., “Signal Processing Method for Switch Antenna Array of the FMCW Radar,” Proc. IEEE Radar Conf., May 2001, pp. 289-293.